Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I meant it as a compliment. It was more meant as a criticism of British education. As someone who was brought up in British schools, and had two kids start off in the British education system, languages - which I consider to be really important and useful - were not taken seriously at all by the education system. You often don’t even start them until secondary school.
Reminds of the joke beloved by English students...

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bilingual.

OK, what do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Trilingual.

So what do you call someone who speaks only one language?

Err... monolingual I suppose.

Naaaa...

English

Here he is. Florin Manea, Radu's agent. Looks very honest & trustworthy.

Kb21Du9.png

Looks like Pep’s fat brother

That is... how to say...

Borderline insulting to me (as also more or less of Eastern European).
What do you think we do in schools? Play with cow turds and build towers from them?
Or are we just intellectually inferior due to the latitude we pop out from our mothers vags?

I don't get it.
Why is it surprising that we speak an international language that is most universal in the whole wide world?
You do understand that most Eastern European countries are fairly small, so they don't have everything in their native language (classic literature, science papers, movies, poetry, software... well almost anything)?
It is matter of surviving in global world right now.

So stop being surprised. We do not in fact play with cow turds, we study the skills we need to do well in modern world ;) .

No, it is not about joining EU.

It is about question if country faces towards east or towards west.
In 1991 (same year I was born) the iron curtain fell. We in Eastern Europe knew that we want to escape the claws of Russian Bear (you can see why first hand in Ukraine right now). And people started to learn English. The universal language of the West.

I think I am on the brink from where the divide goes. But people who went into school system on 80's did not have the access to it, thus they were not exposed to English early on.

But youngsters speak English very well... cause well... we have to :)
Yup, similar state of things in Poland. People born before 1980~1985 and something had to learn Russian so many of them doesnt have a clue about English. But after end of iron curtain, English replaced Russian in school.

Can some Romanian please tell me how to pronounce the end bit of Dragusin? I heard the mumpty Jock Brazil on Talksport this morning pronouncing the 'sin' bit like 'shan'. Sounded right to me.

Dragg-ooo-shan?

I'm sure as shit that Brazil can be ignored... On pretty much any topic.

I suppose the fact that the word stress is on the last syllable lengthens the vowel sound, making it closer to /i:n/ than /in/. The same thing happens in Spanish.

Incidentally, the 'a' is apparently pronounced /ə/ like the weak unstressed 'a' in 'about', as opposed to /æ/, as in 'cat'.

More hot pronunciation news as it breaks, authenticity fans.
So, basically, when all the subtleties are put together, Dragusin is pronounced Threeyspiynedsteeckleback, right?

Got it, cretinousgoat cretinousgoat ?

Reminds of the joke beloved by English students...

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bilingual.

OK, what do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Trilingual.

So what do you call someone who speaks only one language?

Err... monolingual I suppose.

Naaaa...

English
Reminds me of Ali G...

I'm bi-sexual - - - if I want sex I have to buy it.

Actually no, I'm tri-sexual - - - I'll try anyfing sexual.

Right, to get this thread BACK ON TOPIC, I just nipped over to Iceland Hoddesdon and got a pack of Spam Fritters, then popped into Aldi and got some Cheesy Hash Browns. Alongside a large portion of Baked Beans tonight, I'll be sitting down to a slap up meal I'm naming a Draguslop, in honour of our latest amazing signing.

:porrogasp:

Back
Top Bottom