January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can't be sold against his will, surely? He has every right to see his contract out.
He'll only sign for Spurs if he wants to sign for Spurs.
I know very well that a player cannot be forced to leave a club before his contract ends. But that was not what I was saying - and I think most people got that.
Ok, let me spell this out since you did not get it: some players, when they are not happy being a permanent understudy, prefer to leave. IF Skipp is happy to stay and Angelos is happy to keep him I'd also be happy to keep him. I'm in no rush to get rid of him

If he is really way down the pecking order and if we have U21 players in the squad that are better than him, then him being sold would not be a huge loss. It would also give the other young CL / HG players more game time.
Some were calling for Phillips to start in recent games. It doesn't work that way.
If we are holding on to a 1-0 lead in the last stages of a huge UCL game you can't expect a kid who has never started a game to come on and help us.

That may well be - not all interested clubs are necessary mentioned in the press.
Well, I heard that Dragsuin choose Spurs of Accrington because they did not have any good Rubik cubers to challenge him - unlike Spurs, when they signed Werner :cool:

Besides, Dragusin did put off by this advert about Accrington because of...

Accrington Stanley, Who Are They? - Wikipedia

Advert​

The advert features two young Liverpool fans. One tells the other that Liverpool's then-star striker Ian Rush had told him that if he didn't drink milk, he would only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley. The other fan asks, “Accrington Stanley, who are they?”, to which the first replies, “Exactly.”[3] According to Rice, Tottenham Hotspur were originally going to be named. However, Tottenham objected, so Accrington Stanley were chosen instead, [6] as they were a non-League team at the time,[6] and were thought of as a more obscure team.[7] David Lloyd, a non-executive director of Accrington Stanley, said in an interview in 2012 that the advert earned the club £10,000.[8]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPFrTBppRfw

The edited out the part about spilled milk always being someone else's fault.

Skipp's a difficult one because he's club trained. A swap for Eze loses us a CT spot and overloads the association trained quota.

I suspect that any sale of Skipp would highly depend on how our other academy products step up. Donley and Devine are 2 potentially close to that step up, but probably not straight away.
If in the summer we offloaded Skipp and PEH, and bought Eze and added Devine/Donley, that would be great. Sarr, Biss and Bentancour gives us enough at no.6, and then Bent, Sarr, Eze, Lo Celso, Devine/Donley, Madders and Kulu for the two 8/10 positions.

Yeh I know it’s football insider but there is way too much smoke with this. Either Gallagher is coming or it’s a smoke screen and another CM is on the way. Either way you’d have to expect another CM shortly.

View: https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1745755556999016937?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

200.gif

And if that then leads to a reduction in player wages and then ticket prices (fucking optimistic I know) then it would be a good thing.
Great for fans who have been the victim of all this money madness.
But it won't really change the equilibrium in the transfer market.
It just means players cost less across the board as selling teams literally can't sell for the same sums as today anymore.

If in the summer we offloaded Skipp and PEH, and bought Eze and added Devine/Donley, that would be great. Sarr, Biss and Bentancour gives us enough at no.6, and then Bent, Sarr, Eze, Lo Celso, Devine/Donley, Madders and Kulu for the two 8/10 positions.
Probably best to think of it as 19 outfield non-club trained players and 2 keepers plus a club trained keeper. Far better to up the quality of the 19 and use them flexibly than to damage Skipp's career any further by hanging on to him as our 20th choice player. In turn, that lets those 19-21 year old players come through and either establish themselves or in turn move on.

Maybe Levy was right after all on the upcoming FFP enforcement

This could be the difference between being viewed as a stingey investor vs a forward thinking visionary that saw this coming
Sound
:sonhmm:
Exactly. He's bet the lot on this. I read the Swiss ramble papers on City and suddenly saw the game. The blokes been playing 4D chess whilst everyone else was playing checkers. Let's see if it comes off. Despite the stadium build we are in a really sound position. Now here's the note of caution through either luck or judgement we have landed where we are FFP, Ange, stadium....But the last step will take big balls. Bravery and a willingness to take that final opportunity that shows real commitment and MONEY..Levy's record on this is everything John Thomas John Thomas accuse him of so Juries out....

Last edited:
Yeh I know it’s football insider but there is way too much smoke with this. Either Gallagher is coming or it’s a smoke screen and another CM is on the way. Either way you’d have to expect another CM shortly.

View: https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1745755556999016937?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Look at him!
I bet he wear Chelsea boxer shorts,has a love heart with "CHELS" written through it tattooed on his chest,and "carefree" tattooed round his belly button.
I really dont want this bloke

I can see why he'd be OK to move away from CFC. Anyone with a brain can see that they are in an absolute state. An owner who thinks that English football is like USA baseball, throws out managers for stopping him walking into the dressing room with his son, a mad buying policy (Monopoly on steroids). There's no guarantee that Poch will be there for long - and then who?

He can see that his style of play is a really good fit for Ange, and that there really is a project going on here. Also, we have a strong MF so lots of rotation and not getting ground into the mud. Like Saka at Goons.

Wages of course might be an issue. I presume they're paying him silly money? Would he take a pay cut if need be to be a part of something that really makes sense footballing wise?

Probably best to think of it as 19 outfield non-club trained players and 2 keepers plus a club trained keeper. Far better to up the quality of the 19 and use them flexibly than to damage Skipp's career any further by hanging on to him as our 20th choice player. In turn, that lets those 19-21 year old players come through and either establish themselves or in turn move on.
Agreed

Look at him!
I bet he wear Chelsea boxer shorts,has a love heart with "CHELS" written through it tattooed on his chest,and "carefree" tattooed round his belly button.
I really dont want this bloke

Well you might be lucky, it might be another CM but there is so much noise now I’d expect some CM in soon.

Back
Top Bottom