Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume we’ve agreed auto increases based on certain factors that raise it from 50K or a good faith, gentleman’s agreement

:levyeyes:

Surely he would go to Bayern for 100K?
They've been quoted twice saying that his motivation was career progression, not money.

I guess he saw it the same way that a few on here did, in that he'd rather be challenging one or two players for a starting berth, than three or four already established.

I assume Tuchel spoke to him as well, and I doubt he has the gravitas that AP does when you speak to him.

Glad you guys enjoyed :angehug:

P.S - I know this era has ended, but I also wanted to add Dier & Poch hug smiley Admin Admin any chance it could be added back under "old Spurs" section? If Parmsean-Pulis and Mourn-ninho are there, surely one more wholesome hug smiley couldn't hurt :) ?

I used to like the Soldado one where he’s pretending to look through binoculars

GDfwFKIXsAA4SF8

Ange Postecoglou was clear to the player how much he wanted to sign him

"Mate, I work these guys so hard their hammies are popping like champagne corks at Ascot so you'll get loads of playing time"

:ange-lol:
That actually made me spit my drink out. The fact that it tasted disgusting is neither here nor there!

Well played sir, well played.

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

One thing I was ruminating over was what this does for our standing as a club in Europe. To have a highly rated player choose us over Bayern might just open the eyes of a few players out there. At the very least it would intrigue any player as to what we are about.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a lot more players looking at us as a serious option if we were to come calling.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that his choice could have some real positive knock on effects for us when it comes to a player's choice.
I wouldn’t run away with this theory tbh.

Truth be told Dragusin was already lost in the shuffle at one Elite Club at Juventus, and he probably looked at Bayern with their 3 established CB’s, and he didn’t want a repeat of that.

Going to Spurs who are a high enough profile of club, in a mega city playing in the most popular league in the world.

He’s still a baby in CB terms and the brutal truth is, if we don’t make the jump under Ange, he can look to move on if he as an individual plays well for 3/4 years.

If true that we had been planning for him since last summer that is another point that the club deserves some credit for.

The way this squad build is going is looking more strategic by the window

I posted the other day that we were linked in 2022. So the player knew we have liked him for a while. That’s got to count for something. Here it is.

I don't think that's going to move the needle much. What does move the needle is when players look at how well Spurs are doing in spite of the injuries coupled with - and this is the important part - playing the type of football that footballers want to play with a manager the players adore. I wouldn't be surprised if Radu picked up the phone and called his ex-teammates Kulu and/or Lolo and got the most glowing reviews from them.

These are the things that will move players, especially if they are coming to a club where they can also make some decent coin too.
Fair comment.

I have a feeling that this signing may encourage other potential recruits to opt for Spurs too.
Would be nice, but we didn't exactly sign Mbappe. We signed a 21-year old Romanian playing for a side that was in Serie B last season. It's other things that will lure players to us.

Would be nice, but we didn't exactly sign Mbappe. We signed a 21-year old Romanian playing for a side that was in Serie B last season. It's other things that will lure players to us.
Cheese Room? That would lure me, defo.

Back
Top Bottom