Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much have our forwards cost, nearly £150M for kulu, richi and bj? Luck to get 15 goals in total out of them 3 never mind assists. Really is a poor return for players who really don’t have great technical skill except say kulu but he is so slow.

We will get more than 15 goals from them this season and it's the first season in a new system.

How much did the dippers spend on Darwin, Diaz and Gakpo? They are all in their second season of a settled manager's system and look even more toothless. You act like it's easy to magically sign forwards and get 20 goals out of each of them.

Must admit I did enjoy being able to watch on Amazon without commentary choosing "stadium sound" or whatever.

Was much more like being at the game. No bullshit opinions being pushed by "neutrals". Can just have my own thoughts and opinions.

I didn't need some twat screaming "ohhh what a goal" or whatever when their 3rd went in, nor to generate some kind of negative Spurs story at 4-0. I saw it all myself thanks.

I totally agree with this. Came to life late on but where is that urgency early on.
Same could be said about the whole team. It really pisses me off when Vic has the ball he stands with it for ages then passes to dier. Allowing the oppo to get real high. The passing at the back has been like that all season with the two cbs and goalie. We rarely seem to want to move the ball quicker upfield or wide. FBs are hidddn do are not available. Still we need one to invert and the other to stay in a 3 at the back. Bit like city do. Having both invert just means it’s all congested in the middle. How many times yday davies is trying to play a little ball in the middle and gets closed down. Having an option to play out wide would help. We seem to be obsessed with passing it in the middle. We need to be switching the play from wing to wing quicker and we need keep FBs wide at times to receive the ball. Our best play and scored a few goals from have been when we have got wide with either fb.

If that's aimed at me, I'm not from fucking Croydon but I have shaved my balls before if that makes me Brazillian?

Ha ha ha ha well played, my friend!

As for excuses and refs, there were none for yesterday. Brighton have lower paid players and plenty of key injuries themselves. I've also said that the officiating we got at the end of last season in our favour against Brighton was fucking moody last season. That dunk yellow was even more moody and the boring, predictable foul vs yellow count in the majority of our games is getting very tired.

Those aren't excuses for yesterday because we scored on the play that Dunk should have seen red and still created enough chances after that to rescue a draw. I didn't see what happened before that but it sounds like it was a shit performance from everyone except Vicario.
Yeah my man, ref didn't lose us that game yesterday, we were atrocious.

Must admit I did enjoy being able to watch on Amazon without commentary choosing "stadium sound" or whatever.

Was much more like being at the game. No bullshit opinions being pushed by "neutrals". Can just have my own thoughts and opinions.

I didn't need some twat screaming "ohhh what a goal" or whatever when their 3rd went in, nor to generate some kind of negative Spurs story at 4-0. I saw it all myself thanks.
I think it was my internet, but my video quality was worse than most dodgy streams last night. Woefully bad and I will never prefer the stream method over the cable method.

It's not half empty, it's what has been happening, have you not watched any games?
Teams have worked us out, push up high, because we don't have anything to beat the press.
Team is all over the place at the moment, miss placed passes from a number of players, no control over the game at all.
Watch Bournemouth get some sort of result this weekend, we are just too easy to play against.
It's not half empty, it's a fact.
We don’t have anything to beat the press? Have YOU been watching any games. That is ridiculous. None of your original post takes into account the injuries we have. The main ‘problem’ with Angeball is if the squad is thin the players coming in are not good enough to play that way.

Our squad depth (or lack of) has been exposed.

Teams have worked us out? What utter rubbish. People know how Citeh are going to play. “They’ve been worked out”. Aren’t too many teams finishing above them though eh? Why is that? Maybe because they have squad depth. FFS

do I need to use my precious time to find posts where people said they would be happy to lose games playing for the win?

I think you're massively mistaken.

If you can't differentiate between playing good football and losing because that's football (Villa) and playing rubbish and deserving to lose (Brighton) and thinking they're the same thing that's on you.

People looked at the circumstances we were under in the Villa game, saw our performance and looked passed the defeat because of such. No one is happy with last night because it wasn't a good performance.

So no. No one is happy with the loss and it isn't an "I told you so" moment you think it so proudly is

We will get more than 15 goals from them this season and it's the first season in a new system.

How much did the dippers spend on Darwin, Diaz and Gakpo? They are all in their second season of a settled manager's system and look even more toothless. You act like it's easy to magically sign forwards and get 20 goals out of each of them.
We scored twice and could have scored more.
No problem with our "attackers."

Our strongest possible defence under Mourinho and Conte was
Lloris
Royal Dier Sanchez Davies

Or...
Lloris
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies Reguilon

I'd say those 2 potential defences are no better than the patchwork quilt we had to put out last night.

My point is unchanged. We put a limited defense out and went on the front foot and got torn apart. Yet that is exactly what many, many fans demanded.
Most of those demanding it stated, in no uncertain terms, that they'd rather see us beaten playing front foot football than win playing defensive counter attacking football.

I'm not one of those sad stalkers that will go back through posts, but trust me, there's tons of them on here. None of those fans can moan about last night. None of them have a right to demand we switch to a defensive style. They got what they asked for.
Surely you note that the two CBs we played against Brighton were on the wing for Mourinho? And you probably also notice that was two and a half managers ago? This is an indictment of Levy. I love Ben Davies and honestly we can’t ask much more of the guy. But we signed him (basically) a decade ago. Obviously Levy has let things languish and not maintained this squad anywhere near what’s acceptable. (And that’s just me stating the extremely obvious).

I’m of the opinion that this disaster we face regarding a squad that’s not capable is entirely on Levy. The manager has no option here; he could be the greatest manager we’ve ever seen and he still has to roll out players who can’t be sold because nobody else would ever play them. That’s on Levy.

And yes, I’d rather lose the way we did last night than 2-0 with zero attempts on goal and 3 touches in the opposition box. That kind of thing under the previous dinosaurs was fucking awful. No idea what your point is because you keep bringing it up, but to me that stands to reason.

I think you're massively mistaken.

If you can't differentiate between playing good football and losing because that's football (Villa) and playing rubbish and deserving to lose (Brighton) and thinking they're the same thing that's on you.

People looked at the circumstances we were under in the Villa game, saw our performance and looked passed the defeat because of such. No one is happy with last night because it wasn't a good performance.

So no. No one is happy with the loss and it isn't an "I told you so" moment you think it so proudly is
We didn't play rubbish against Brighton though?
I quite enjoyed last night.
We played rubbish against Wolves, Forest and Everton. They were all hard watches.
2 penalties and a one off wordly last night and that was a close competition we may well have won.

Surely you note that the two CBs we played against Brighton were on the wing for Mourinho? And you probably also notice that was two and a half managers ago? This is an indictment of Levy. I love Ben Davies and honestly we can’t ask much more of the guy. But we signed him (basically) a decade ago. Obviously Levy has let things languish and not maintained this squad anywhere near what’s acceptable. (And that’s just me stating the extremely obvious).

I’m of the opinion that this disaster we face regarding a squad that’s not capable is entirely on Levy. The manager has no option here; he could be the greatest manager we’ve ever seen and he still has to roll out players who can’t be sold because nobody else would ever play them. That’s on Levy.

And yes, I’d rather lose the way we did last night than 2-0 with zero attempts on goal and 3 touches in the opposition box. That kind of thing under the previous dinosaurs was fucking awful. No idea what your point is because you keep bringing it up, but to me that stands to reason.
Surely you note that my point, was that those 2 coaches played a much more cautious brand of football with a weak defense to protect it.
It wasn't easy on the eye, but we rarely went 4-0 down either.
Swings and round abouts. People really seem to struggle to understand how bad our defense was after the end of Toby and Jan. It doesn't matter if we had players who's favoured postion was CB, they were terrible CB's. They were no better than the FB's we had to pick yesteday, And beyond that, we had a totally washed up Lloris behid them throwing the ball in his own net.

I wouldn't wanna go to their extent of being such bellends. But IMHO we need to speak more to the 4th official from the sidelines by Ange and our assistant coaches. And our captains have to do the same on the field. We are just too fucking passive. This is really to protect our safety and rights.

Our players are passive and naive. It is because lots of them are young and new to the league. They need to learn the hard way and fast and grow a pair. Can they do it?

Back
Top Bottom