Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, he shouldn’t even have gotten a yellow, so it’s not a discipline problem, it’s a shit ref problem
That was never a yellow...
The guy rolling around on the floor should have been booked for play acting
Remember last night's ref was the same useless cunt who refereed the forest game and allowed yeates to kick the shit out of our players and let him off when he waved an imaginary yellow card...twice

but at the end of the day, PL players shouldn't make such easily avoidable mistakes.
I think the trouble is Royal and Davies ,
With Hjojberg in Midfield is not a premier league defence! I think it would even struggle in the Champo!
I know Ange sees the payers training everyday but surely a proper CB would have been better than Royale?

Awesome post!

Ariana Grande Singing GIF by The Voice
Couldnt agree more. Fucking melts on here are unreal.

No it isn’t and we haven’t been worked out, it’s complete hyperbole on the back of a poor result and TBH I hope you stick to what you’re saying and don’t change your tune when we’re back spanking teams.

The manager has been here 6 months and has dealt with possibly the worst injury crisis in modern club history. In spite of that we’re 5th, 6 points off top and 4 off 2nd place (remembering that pre-season expectations seemed to be in the 6th - 8th range).

In the 10 games prior to our horrific injury list we went unbeaten and conceded 9 goals and had 4 clean sheets. In nearly every game during that run we dominated the opposition and completely controlled the game.

Now you’re pulling out quotes like “might have worked in Scotland but it won’t work here” and “once teams press up against us we fall apart”.

Of course we’re open at the back and passing pretty poorly, we have our only 2 competent CBs injured and the whole CM in front of them out too! The lack of appreciation for the situation the manager is in is fucking astounding.

Everyone on this forum needs to appreciate it’s going to be a really tough few games coming up with the lengthy absence list and just enjoy the games for what they are. There isn’t a manager in the world that could continue battering good sides with the absences we have.

Moreover, none of the world’s great managers right now would flex their tactics because of injuries in the way some are asking Ange to.

Pep came 3rd in his first season here, I remember many people calling him naive and unable to adapt to the PL at the end of that season. You know what happened? The league adapted to him ultimately not the other was around.

Arteta came 8th in his first 2 seasons whilst trying to implement his football. Klopp 8th, 4th and 4th in his first 3. Yet after 6 months of the best football we’ve seen in donkeys years here you’re trotting out quotes like that. It’s embarrassing.

Fans moan about trophies and success and then moan about the process the manager is implementing to get us that.

Shameful. Bring that same energy when we’re flying with a fully fit team mate. If you can’t see what Ange is trying to do and trying to build here you don’t deserve the success it’ll bring. You have to be fucking blind to not see the fantastic direction we’re travelling in.
I've done my reading for a month with that post!

But brilliantly put, Sir.

Remember last night's ref was the same useless cunt who refereed the forest game and allowed yeates to kick the shit out of our players and let him off when he waved an imaginary yellow card...twice
I agree with everything you said there, pal.

But Richy still gotta be a bit wiser. Just walk away. Play it chilled and walk away. No need for the aggro when he goes tell that wannabe Neymar what he thinks of his acting.

That ref clearly isn't our friend, just don't make it easier for him to book us.

I know this is old news already but can somebody explain to me why Ange subbed Richie?
I know not his biggest fan but out the front 4 he was at least trying. Kulu BJ or Son should have been ahead in the queue. Kulu never seems to be subbed for some reason. Sarr always gets hooked as well which I don’t understand. Is there a fitness issue with the squad. Strange thing is last 15 mins we found some energy and started winning balls back and playing with more tempo than we’d seen for the first 75 mins. Could they slacked off but we did press more and win the ball back a few times.

I agree with everything you said there, pal.

But Richy still gotta be a bit wiser. Just walk away. Play it chilled and walk away. No need for the aggro when he goes tell that wannabe Neymar what he thinks of his acting.

That ref clearly isn't our friend, just don't make it easier for him to book us.
Lo Celso also had a moment where he was arguing with Joao Pedro when he was subbed off right? The twat Pedro was taunting him about the scoreline and urged the crowd to do the same.

Can't deny I do like Lo Celso shithousery sometimes, actually most of the time. When he pissed Haaland off it was a beauty. If only Lamela, Lo Celso and Romero can all play together at once...

No it isn’t and we haven’t been worked out, it’s complete hyperbole on the back of a poor result and TBH I hope you stick to what you’re saying and don’t change your tune when we’re back spanking teams.

The manager has been here 6 months and has dealt with possibly the worst injury crisis in modern club history. In spite of that we’re 5th, 6 points off top and 4 off 2nd place (remembering that pre-season expectations seemed to be in the 6th - 8th range).

In the 10 games prior to our horrific injury list we went unbeaten and conceded 9 goals and had 4 clean sheets. In nearly every game during that run we dominated the opposition and completely controlled the game.

Now you’re pulling out quotes like “might have worked in Scotland but it won’t work here” and “once teams press up against us we fall apart”.

Of course we’re open at the back and passing pretty poorly, we have our only 2 competent CBs injured and the whole CM in front of them out too! The lack of appreciation for the situation the manager is in is fucking astounding.

Everyone on this forum needs to appreciate it’s going to be a really tough few games coming up with the lengthy absence list and just enjoy the games for what they are. There isn’t a manager in the world that could continue battering good sides with the absences we have.

Moreover, none of the world’s great managers right now would flex their tactics because of injuries in the way some are asking Ange to.

Pep came 3rd in his first season here, I remember many people calling him naive and unable to adapt to the PL at the end of that season. You know what happened? The league adapted to him ultimately not the other was around.

Arteta came 8th in his first 2 seasons whilst trying to implement his football. Klopp 8th, 4th and 4th in his first 3. Yet after 6 months of the best football we’ve seen in donkeys years here you’re trotting out quotes like that. It’s embarrassing.

Fans moan about trophies and success and then moan about the process the manager is implementing to get us that.

Shameful. Bring that same energy when we’re flying with a fully fit team mate. If you can’t see what Ange is trying to do and trying to build here you don’t deserve the success it’ll bring. You have to be fucking blind to not see the fantastic direction we’re travelling in.
That’s the first long post I’ve read in ages and all of it spot on.

Should really close the thread after this post

Put that together with him being the same ref on var for Romero red and dunk yellow it’s clear he’s bent

I know not his biggest fan but out the front 4 he was at least trying. Kulu BJ or Son should have been ahead in the queue. Kulu never seems to be subbed for some reason. Sarr always gets hooked as well which I don’t understand. Is there a fitness issue with the squad. Strange thing is last 15 mins we found some energy and started winning balls back and playing with more tempo than we’d seen for the first 75 mins. Could they slacked off but we did press more and win the ball back a few times.
Agree agree agree. Richy and Sarr were the most hardworking players in many games they played yet they were always subbed off. I would like to know why about Kulu as well.

When Lo Celso and Gil came on, having Richy in the box will be so beneficial as he will receive more crosses coming in than Kulu all day. Yet Ange chose to leave Son on despite him being very leggy and exhausted, and Kulu being so inefficient the whole game.

Only seen hihlghights of game due to work. Were the commentators desparately crying for dunk to be sent off like they do with romero
I'm away at the moment so had to make do with a streaming site and the comms were in some sort of Asian or Arabic language...but I can imagine our beloved Sky pundits went with:

- "A meaty yet fair challenge"​
- "A throwback to the good old days, the Brighton fans are loving it...rightly so"​
- "Nothing to see here, Dunk played the ball"​
- "The linesman's got a clear view of it, I trust his judgment"​
- "Mutual colliding"​
- "Kulusevski goes down rather theatrically, surely that's a yellow"​
- "Not sure what Ange is complaining about here"​
- "Goal should be disallowed, free kick to Brighton"​

I think the trouble is Royal and Davies ,
With Hjojberg in Midfield is not a premier league defence! I think it would even struggle in the Champo!
I know Ange sees the payers training everyday but surely a proper CB would have been better than Royale?
Dier isn’t a proper CB (he’d have been even worse chasing the long balls into the channels) and the rest are babies. The only solution is the transfer market.

Id actually leave richie on and sub son. More crosses into the box when chasing like that. He'll also work hardwr to get the ball back.
Im a big fan of kulu but most of his good games have been because of late goals and assists. He hasnt been as outstanding through the middle as people think. Anything hes done has been out wide

Considering what we saw under Mourinho and Conte with our strongest possible defence, you know yourself that statement is total bullshit 😂

If we sat back and just invited Brighton onto us we aren't more likely to get anything out of the game at all. Such a simplistic view of football
Our strongest possible defence under Mourinho and Conte was
Lloris
Royal Dier Sanchez Davies

Or...
Lloris
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies Reguilon

I'd say those 2 potential defences are no better than the patchwork quilt we had to put out last night.

My point is unchanged. We put a limited defense out and went on the front foot and got torn apart. Yet that is exactly what many, many fans demanded.
Most of those demanding it stated, in no uncertain terms, that they'd rather see us beaten playing front foot football than win playing defensive counter attacking football.

I'm not one of those sad stalkers that will go back through posts, but trust me, there's tons of them on here. None of those fans can moan about last night. None of them have a right to demand we switch to a defensive style. They got what they asked for.

No need to over react.
Another game where we take our chances and it's a different result.
More often the opposition could say the same thing and it's us taking the chances.

Our bench looked incredibly thin. Expect quick movement in the transfer window and some players to return.

Overall we are in a good position still and 4-2 sounds a lot better than 4-0. This is our first 2+ goal defeat under Ange excluding the Chelsea game under mitigating circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom