Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the impact of some of the “other injuries” have been lost in this too.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a better performance off the left for us this season than Manor’s against Burnley, I thought he was incredibly unlucky to start on the bench the following game against Woolwich.

Similarly, whilst I don’t think Perisic would have started much for us this season, what a weapon he was to have coming off the bench. Always makes something happen and one of the lone “experienced heads” we had in the squad.

We really have just had rank luck.

I’m tentative for the next few games but so excited about what this team can do when fully fit and with a select few additions.

Last edited:
This is beyond fucking riduclous now, we have to start holding refs to account.

The give all the guff about "player's welfare" but tackles where players don't get injured (Romero on Enzo) get a straight red but tackles with serious career theatening injuries Cash on Bentacur (gets yellow) or Cash on Doherty (got nothing)

Quite unbelievable if true.

Rather than complaining that awful yellow card challenge should have been a red, I'm more in the camp that players making deliberate, potentially dangerous challenges ought to have some kind of strike system whereby they can be expelled from playing in the Premier League after repeated offenses.

Not going to make a difference to Cash of course, but in future. Have always hated cynical or deliberate "stick one on him" fouls and there's no place for them in the top flight game.
Taking a player out on the break 'taking a yellow for the team' ought to be included.

Sunday league thug shit.

It was quite a deliberate action imv probably perpetrated by Dracula whose thinking was probably on the lines of
‘They haven’t got Maddison so let’s take out their only other playmaker’

Absolutely disgraceful and similar to Pele getting kicked out of the’66 WC by Portugal and numerous others since so you’re quite correct in that something should happen to both Cash and Villa!

Cunts

If we were we in Europe we would have 2-3 more injuries. With our depth we were never going to be able to play Europe, coming 8th rather than 7th saved us more injuries than what we already have.

On the flipside:

1. More game-time (in order to at least fight for a first team place; regardless of the prestige of the European comp. itself) increases the likelyhood of being able to actually sign depth..... Look for further than CB.... Good and/or growing players aren't gonna sign up for splinters.

2. Which of our squad are not good enough to play ECL or EL providing the gaffa has the team rotated and set up well?

Sure, as long as our injury list has become, we'd potentially be forced to sacrifice some group games at this point (though potentially still secure qualification in the the knock-outs in the new year), but always Europe..... You have literally nothing to lose by qualifying.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how Cash has no discernable reputation with refs despite the regular as clock work maimings he hands out. Well as long as the games safe from Bissoum diving.

You forget to mention the mortal crime of bouncing the ball in anger if you don't agree with a decision.........

I think this might be the most sorry I’ve ever felt for a player.

Benta is sooo good. He’s a model pro, plays the game the right way and has an incredible attitude. Even some of our own had forgotten how good he was in his absence.

Whilst it might only be 3 months, emotionally this is going to be hard for him to deal with in the short term. The club really need to give all the support they can.

I genuinely can’t remember worse luck with injuries for us than we’ve had just now…..

Apparently it was tactical genius from Dracula.... Seeing as it basically won them the game...
Same as Chelsea hacking down Maddison until he went off helped them no end! (ok, Romero and Udogie didn't help)

thing is, do we stoop to that level, and just get Gil to clean out Haaland in the first minute on Sunday? (yes, I'm joking... it'll be Davies to do that?!) Or do we keep on as we are... The nice guys getting the shit kicked out of them, until there's barely any left!

I'm not expecting SPECIAL treatment, I'm just asking for fairness...
which there hasn't been much of recently!
There won't be as long as we're there or thereabouts. Davies puts a leveller on Haaland and we're playing with 10 men for 90 minutes.

Stones puts one on Son and he'll get a pat on the bum from the ref.

Our players will have a big target on their backs as long as we're in a position to upset the PL posterboy positions. Just watch, Villa will get similar now that they're in a position to do the same. They're threatening Utd's CL ambitions.

The deck is loaded, I've been saying it for years.

It was quite a deliberate action imv probably perpetrated by Dracula whose thinking was probably on the lines of
‘They haven’t got Maddison so let’s take out their only other playmaker’

Absolutely disgraceful and similar to Pele getting kicked out of the’66 WC by Portugal and numerous others since so you’re quite correct in that something should happen to both Cash and Villa!

Cunts
Definitely deliberate.

Watching the video
-Cash's eyes are on Bentancur, nowhere near the ball
-he goes in with full force
-it's a scissor tackle (like Doherty)

Scissor tackle did the damage. Right leg forces Bentancur's leg back, while the left leg comes through from behind on the same leg, trapping and twisting the ankle. This could easily have been another knee ligament injury.

I think this might be the most sorry I’ve ever felt for a player.

Benta is sooo good. He’s a model pro, plays the game the right way and has an incredible attitude. Even some of our own had forgotten how good he was in his absence.

Whilst it might only be 3 months, emotionally this is going to be hard for him to deal with in the short term. The club really need to give all the support they can.

I genuinely can’t remember worse luck with injuries for us than we’ve had just now…..

The end of Jose's first season was absolutely ridiculous too; but I share in your sentiment still.

State of this:

Vorm
Aurier
/ Sanchez / Dier / Vert (33 y/o)
Skipp (19yrs) / Winks
Lucas
/ Lo Celso / Berg
Dele's Brother
(barely fit)
Bench:
Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Lamela (barely fit), Ndombele (in and out of fitness),
Gedson (21 y/o - less than 180mins played prev.),
Tanganga (20 y/o - only a handful of previous apps.),
Parrott (18 y/o - 5 senior minutes previously)

Last edited:
There won't be as long as we're there or thereabouts. Davies puts a leveller on Haaland and we're playing with 10 men for 90 minutes.

Stones puts one on Son and he'll get a pat on the bum from the ref.

Our players will have a big target on their backs as long as we're in a position to upset the PL posterboy positions. Just watch, Villa will get similar now that they're in a position to do the same. They're threatening Utd's CL ambitions.

The deck is loaded, I've been saying it for years.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom