Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bissouma back from suspension, Romero will be back the following game, Bentancur may also be back by then.

We showed against Villa that we can put together a midfield in Maddison's absence that can still play the football Ange wants and create chances, which was a big concern following the Wolves performance.

Come West Ham we will have something resembling the spine of our team back, and I'd imagine they will have a point to prove.
VDV, Romero, Bentancur, Bissouma, Maddison... THAT'S our spine...
Two, maybe three of those. (if Bentancur is out longer) will still be missing!

It's half a spine at best!

Heartbreaking for him, especially after missing basically the entire year through injury already.

We gotta hope Sarr is fit Sunday. But those hamstrings ain't nothing to mess with.

Quite unbelievable if true.

Rather than complaining that awful yellow card challenge should have been a red, I'm more in the camp that players making deliberate, potentially dangerous challenges ought to have some kind of strike system whereby they can be expelled from playing in the Premier League after repeated offenses.

Not going to make a difference to Cash of course, but in future. Have always hated cynical or deliberate "stick one on him" fouls and there's no place for them in the top flight game.
Taking a player out on the break 'taking a yellow for the team' ought to be included.

Sunday league thug shit.

Heartbreaking for him, especially after missing basically the entire year through injury already.

We gotta hope Sarr is fit Sunday. But those hamstrings ain't nothing to mess with.
If it's still risky I wouldn't play him. Can't afford another long term injury in a game we're unlikely to get anything from.

Last edited:
Quite unbelievable if true.

Rather than complaining that awful yellow card challenge should have been a red, I'm more in the camp that players making deliberate, potentially dangerous challenges ought to have some kind of strike system whereby they can be expelled from playing in the Premier League after repeated offenses.

Not going to make a difference to Cash of course, but in future. Have always hated cynical or deliberate "stick one on him" fouls and there's no place for them in the top flight game.
Taking a player out on the break 'taking a yellow for the team' ought to be included.

Sunday league thug shit.

Crazy that for Cash to see a red, we'd have needed to see a bone stick out of Bentancurs leg.

It was malicious, he knew exactly what he was doing and had eyes for doing one thing.

FFS!! Gutted for him especially after only just getting back to full fitness.

He'll be out for the few games during AFCON too when Biss and Sarr wont be available

Seriously what does our midfield even look like during the AFCON now?

I imagine Kulusevski and Lo Celso in front of Hojbjerg for 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom