Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking outrageous from a team that has won fuck all and is just enjoying a purple patch.

They'll be shite once again before you know it.

I honestly thought Villa had more class.
Their fans are worse. Arrogant far beyond their rank in world football.

Neither I think had started this season. Both contributed significantly to our press until they both ran out of steam.
Lo Celso scored.
Gill constantly provided a threat down the left and covered well for Udogie when he ended up out of position. Should have scored.
Who do you reckon had better games? Porro , Kulusevski maybe?
Gil was rarely a threat of any consequence and his crosses were either wayward or over hit. Gil actually managed to make Kulusevski look reasonable.
GLC was excellent

Weird one the elbow. I think the law is written specifically that a red card can only be given if the elbow is thrown with intent/as a ‘weapon’. Not sure you can prove that at all here.

But it should be a penalty imo.

Weird one the elbow. I think the law is written specifically that a red card can only be given if the elbow is thrown with intent/as a ‘weapon’. Not sure you can prove that at all here.

If the law is written that way it's very much open to subjective opinion.

If I say I think it is, and you say you don't think it is, how do we resolve that?

If the law is written that way it's very much open to subjective opinion.

If I say I think it is, and you say you don't think it is, how do we resolve that?

The law is never going to be perfect. Goes for football law and genuine, important law. You can’t give reds automatically for it or you’d end up with a situation similar to that ridiculous handball rule we had for a bit.

You have to rely on the referees decision. Here I think he got it right and wrong - don’t think you can conclusively say red, but that kind of incident should still be deemed clumsy and penalty worthy.

The law is never going to be perfect. Goes for football law and genuine, important law. You can’t give reds automatically for it or you’d end up with a situation similar to that ridiculous handball rule we had for a bit.

You have to rely on the referees decision. Here I think he got it right and wrong - don’t think you can conclusively say red, but that kind of incident should still be deemed clumsy and penalty worthy.

If I'm trying to be as neutral as possible, I see him swing his elbow and make contact with Gil's face. It's a foul.

If he's lucky it's not red, if he's unlucky like Romero it's straight red. You have to accept that officials see things in different ways at different times.

What i don't get it how the VAR haven't pulled the ref in to look at it. It couldn't be clearer.

By the laws of the game it's violent conduct, as he made no effort to play the ball, he was playing the man.

Straight Red and a penalty all day long.

By the laws of the game it's violent conduct, as he made no effort to play the ball, he was playing the man.

Straight Red and a penalty all day long.

It isn’t, he is challenging for the ball when it occurs and you cannot prove it was a deliberate throw of the elbow.

Referees will only give red cards for elbows they are satisfied are deliberately thrown. They have been very consistent on this.

Back
Top Bottom