Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, that is an interesting team sheet, brave selection against a good side. Could be madness, Gil in particular will have had the benefit if 2 weeks on the training pitch. Hope he can put in a performance today, Villa are a physically strong and fit side. Interesting to see how Lo Celso. Kulusevski, Johnson and Gil line out.

I’m very happy with that team and I don’t know why! There’s something creative about it. Maybe I’m wrong but time will tell. Let’s get back to winning ways and kick on again.

If Villa play a high line then we should have chances, that might explain why Kulusevski is in midfield for Gil.

Benta is back. Big games for Lo Celso and Gil. I expected Kulusevski to be the #10 last game against Wolves, but happy to see him there. He used to play well there for Parma alongside Gervinho (yes, THAT Gervinho).

Very happy to see Dier and PEH on the bench, the latter because he simply can't fit the philosophy through no fault of his own, the former simply because he's too shit and has been given WAY too many chances.

Bit worried today, Villa are a top, top team with excellent form. Some of our players coming in today need to show they can force their way in, as often they come in and just give a performance that shows exactly why they are back ups, e.g. Lo Celso, Gil.

Neither of them are Centre Backs

We've left ourselves with 2 and a half CBs and that's being generous to Dier

You know that
Right.. we should have two great CBs which we do then two other wc cbs happy to sit on our bench for unprecedented situations like this.

I caught a little stick for saying I thought Ange had been a bit cautious in his Wolves approach, I didn’t mean it negatively I just genuinely expected that he’d throw out a lineup like this rather than relying on Dier, PEH, etc.

No idea how it’ll look on action but I suspect it will be a cracker today, should certainly be goals in it with how Villa plays too.

Back
Top Bottom