Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interestingly, I didn’t think we were bad at the back whatsoever. Attack was much worse. Shows how reliant we are on Maddison.

Strange decision not to start Gio.

Bissouma being invisible didn’t help.

But severe lack of creativity and ball control in the MF

If you dont compromise approach and tactics, then dont compromise with players who cant execute the game plan. Dier is not cut out for this style of football. He was a yard off the pace all day.

Im all for not compromising style and being aggressive in how we want to play. But FFS whats the point if we have players totally ill-suited to the style we want to play.

May take w few more transfer windows to cycle out the likes of Dier ect. However being honest, Dier is one player who should have been binned in the last window.

Not sure that taking Sarr and Bissouma off at the same time is the right thing to do either. They may not have been at their best and I know Biss was on a yellow but they still offer solidity and legs. Should have taken Kulu off and kept either Sarr or Biss on

we are what we are plenty of risky passes near our box.. in the last 2 min as well as whole match. issnt that the instruction & our identity?
Fair enough and had the game been 50-50 and we were getting chances, I’d say go for it but that second half was one way traffic and we only had one chance on goal after the opener. Really should have just played out that last 30 seconds.

I do not say this lightly. Hojbjerg is a disgrace to the club. His acting today was pathetic, his effort is terrible and him giving the ball away to lead to their winning goal just topped it all.

He's pathetic.

Terrible performance. We gave the ball away so many times and would have been punished more against a better side. Ref gave them everything but it had horrific vibes of a Mourinho/Conte performance. Son and Kulu might as well not have turned up.
Kulu was pants. Not once did he put a decent cross in when he had opportunity. Lost the ball multiple times and was easily beaten to the ball. Has no strength and I think he bottled a few 50/50s. Whereas bent did not shirk that challenge to win the ball and pass to Son. Should be dropped for next game. Play Johnson on right where he played for forest and what made us pay nearly £50M for him. He didn’t play on the left at NF. Why do we keep playing players in positions that they are not use to? Play Gil left and BJ right.

Yes.

His passing was poor and there was one chance 1st half that Davies blocked that got turned so easily for.

We can’t just judge defenders by their proximate involvement in opposing goals.

Dier more than anyone caused us undue pressure with his poor passing IMO.

Happily see Phillips or PEH their next game for me.
Have to agree to disagree,I thought he was ok. yes his passing was pony but I didn’t expect any different tbh. Considering he is shit I think he did ok

Not sure that taking Sarr and Bissouma off at the same time is the right thing to do either. They may not have been at their best and I know Biss was on a yellow but they still offer solidity. Should have taken Kulu off and kept either Sarr or Biss on

Fair point, if you want to see it out , sub the players accordingly.

He isn’t going to be perfect, no one is. I personally think he is useless but not today on the whole
The ‘not today on the whole’ pretty much sums it up though eg the header to set up Salah.

He’s been a good servant to the club, and I don’t condone the personal pile ons, but sooooooo many times he’s directly led to us shipping goals.

Not sure that taking Sarr and Bissouma off at the same time is the right thing to do either. They may not have been at their best and I know Biss was on a yellow but they still offer solidity and legs. Should have taken Kulu off and kept either Sarr or Biss on

They weren't taken off at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom