Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Endanger an opponent “

Fair amount of grey area in that.

“Excessive force” pretty subjective as well.

Seems like a budged definition that makes it harder to really decide and still just comes down to whatever the officials decide anyway.

Why bother even writing it?

Again, I didn't write it. The ref saw that and felt that Romeros actions fit the bill and I can understand why. His foot ends up studs first into Enzos shin which is dangerous. Not intentional but reckless, in my opinion.

Again, I didn't write it. The ref saw that and felt that Romeros actions fit the bill and I can understand why. His foot ends up studs first into Enzos shin which is dangerous. Not intentional but reckless, in my opinion.

And you are fully entitled to your opinion.

That’s the issue in that the wording essentially still leaves it completely up to opinion. There is no need for VAR in that case.

It's both a red and a penalty all day every day.

How the fuck so many people are wrong about this is unreal. Clear as day.
I just disagree. I've watched is so many times now, he goes in with his side foot, attempts to clear the ball, gets there first but the ricochet of the tackle brings Romero's foot up.

You're taught to not pull out of 50-50 tackles because you can get injured, it just looks bad because Fernandez pulls out

It's the exact kind of firm last ditch challenge I'd expect from a centre back in his own box

How else could he have gone into that challenge that would've satisfied people? He plays the ball

4 red cards in 70 odd games for Spurs is not good enough.

I don't give a fuck how great the guy is when he is on the park, he is a reckless clown far too often to be viable. I am not sure he can be trusted and I worry every time he goes into a challenge.

And people can make all the excuses they like about the tackle that got him sent off, the fact is that he should have been sent for an early shower for lashing out earlier in the game.

The guy is a loose cannon, and for all of his talent he is becoming a liability.

4 red cards in 70 odd games for Spurs is not good enough.

I don't give a fuck how great the guy is when he is on the park, he is a reckless clown far too often to be viable. I am not sure he can be trusted and I worry every time he goes into a challenge.

And people can make all the excuses they like about the tackle that got him sent off, the fact is that he should have been sent for an early shower for lashing out earlier in the game.

The guy is a loose cannon, and for all of his talent he is becoming a liability.
Oh fuck off.

It meets every single marker for a red card, as ex PL referee Dermot Gallagher explains:

DERMOT ON ROMERO SENDING OFF: "He's gone with force, he's gone with intensity, the point of contact is well above the ankle. It's with the studs, it ticks every box.

I’m inclined to agree with the experts, as per usual. And you’ll struggle to find a single current or ex referee who will say otherwise, just Spurs fans. And even then a minority who can’t accept reality.
Force and intensity.

LOL.

Wow.

The point of contact was the ball you fuckwit, Dermot little vermin weasel.

Pathetic.

I actually think we may need to import referees to England because you lot aren't up for it anymore.

Oh fuck off.

Wind your neck in fuckwit.

If you think Romero acted responsibly then your eyes must be painted on. He should have been red-carded for lashing out before he was red carded for a dangerous tackle. If either happened to a Spurs player you'd be crying out for blood. Oliver had no choice once VAR told him to take a look.

Romero is a great player but that only extends as far as him actually, you know, playing.

He gets a red card every 18 appearances for Spurs and now misses yet another 3 matches when we are short on options. It's outrightly irresponsible from a guy who should know better by now and is supposed to be a leader of this club.

And if you don't like my opinion, I don't give two fucks. Your response was uncalled for.

I just disagree. I've watched is so many times now, he goes in with his side foot, attempts to clear the ball, gets there first but the ricochet of the tackle brings Romero's foot up.

You're taught to not pull out of 50-50 tackles because you can get injured, it just looks bad because Fernandez pulls out

It's the exact kind of firm last ditch challenge I'd expect from a centre back in his own box

How else could he have gone into that challenge that would've satisfied people? He plays the ball
I don’t think this is a bad take on what happened, but Romero was playing on the edge for a while before that which added to the decision for the red.

Ah, so you are a Wind Up Merchant. Good to know.
You must be new.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Wind your neck in fuckwit.

If you think Romero acted responsibly then your eyes must be painted on. He should have been red-carded for lashing out before he was red carded for a dangerous tackle. If either happened to a Spurs player you'd be crying out for blood. Oliver had no choice once VAR told him to take a look.

Romero is a great player but that only extends as far as him actually, you know, playing.

He gets a red card every 18 appearances for Spurs and now misses yet another 3 matches when we are short on options. It's outrightly irresponsible from a guy who should know better by now and is supposed to be a leader of this club.

And if you don't like my opinion, I don't give two fucks. Your response was uncalled for.
The heart of our defence that’s what he is and I don’t give a fuck if he gets a red looking after our players.

The heart of our defence that’s what he is and I don’t give a fuck if he gets a red looking after our players.

1) He cannot possibly be the heart of our defence if he's not on the park.

2) Explain to me how repeatedly getting red carded "looks after our players." Do they need a minder?

All that his red card achieved was to force our guys to do more running and more defending than they should need to. Oh, it also helped our players drop 3 points in game that was there to be taken. And it certainly assisted our manager who now has to cobble a back 4 together with spare parts.

Tell me what positive outcome did Romero getting sent off achieve. I'll get the popcorn.

Nobody can answer that question… because there isn’t a good answer.

All we can do is accept that he “tackled too hard” and we have to get on with it.

We know that the Oligarchy teams will probably still get away with it mostly against us. They can repeatedly foul and kick Maddison out of the game, they can dive, they elbow in the head and we just have to accept they are the oligarchy.

We can take something from the fact that they got punished once in the Liverpool game but we’ve also been well and truly paid back for having the audacity to get the rub of the green once against them.

This is what it’s going to take to beat an Oligarchy like this.

1) He cannot possibly be the heart of our defence if he's not on the park.

2) Explain to me how repeatedly getting red carded "looks after our players." Do they need a minder?

All that his red card achieved was to force our guys to do more running and more defending than they should need to. Oh, it also helped our players drop 3 points in game that was there to be taken. And it certainly assisted our manager who now has to cobble a back 4 together with spare parts.

Tell me what positive outcome did Romero getting sent off achieve. I'll get the popcorn.
Not going to argue the first point

do they need a minder? Fuck yeah in defence someone has to have responsibility.

a whole country stops for him that’s why he goes back

and for a defender he is young 25.

tell you what ask the king what he thinks:king:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom