Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the injuries more than the result. Playing without Romero , VDV and Udogie is going to be very difficult, but as shown today, not impossible.

Fair.

I think van der Ven is the big miss. His pace really allowed us to play how high we do.

However, we also played a relatively high line with Jan Vertonghen at centre half and our front foot football meant we were very rarely worried about him being beaten too often.

I think @Amin might have plans for him?

Idi?

Forest Whitaker Laughing GIF

Nothing but proud after everything that happened. Never gave up and ran themselves ragged. Thankfully, the Conte era of last season is rapidly becoming a distant memory.

No question Vic was MoM , absolutely immense at times. In fairness, Dier did alright when he came on and deserves credit and was unlucky not to get a goal. Think an honourable mention should go to Emerson, he never stopped, tackled and chased everything.
Dier did more than alright TBF

Well i can no longer say ive never seen Tottenham lose a game, but stilll so proud of these guys. For game purposes i was not a fan of playing so high when down 2 guys, but if it sets a tone with the boys then im all for it. I trust in ange it was the right move. The crowd was amazing too wow.

Just frustrating because this would’ve been an easy win i felt. Its only the second time ive watched them but Chelsea looked BAD at the start. I was thinking itd be an easy win barring a catastrophe and thats exactly what happened unfortunately. Romero and udogie really let us down, just can’t do that.

One game at a time, onto the wolves. Most importantly right now will be measuring the status of mickey and maddison.

Right I’m off to bed.

There’s a few things I’m very proud of tonight.

Our players who fought until the end
Ange for his post match class
Our stadium going fans for their unequivocal support
Posters on here for calling out dickfucks like nigel6305

Nos da pawb.

WE NEVER STOP

We sit back and not be brave and we would still lose no way we would get those 3 chances sitting back
Agree with this, I dont think they expected us to play like that with 9 and it totally unnerved them into constantly trying shit through balls (or decent ones sometimes for Big Vic to come out and smash away). Was actually working perfectly until injury time

If, and it's an enormous if, VDV's injury isn't serious, this game could be a real boost for the season.

Seriously. The roster all now know exactly who we are now. All out no matter what. The guys gotta love playing like that, and I know the fans do.

Back
Top Bottom