Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Yes but did they believe it was onside in that game?

The issue seems to be that VAR knew it was onside but they weren't aware it was given as offside. Which is why they didn't draw lines on.

From the top of my head, that's never happened before.
I question the frame they have taken because you cannot see the ball. How can you tell the ball has been played in that frame. This is my problem with VAR, look at rugby with TMO or NFL with there challenges they do not try to be perfect they know sometimes technology cannot see everything and stick with the on field decision. They also mic up the ref so you know what they are saying.

The issue seems to be that VAR knew it was onside but they weren't aware it was given as offside. Which is why they didn't draw lines on.

The lines issue is a redherring...... just a meaningless component of the TV 'theatre'.

Simple fact is the rules dictated that the mishap behind the decision (ie that VAR didn't intervene because they wrongly assumed the goal had been given in the first place) couldn't be reversed once the game had restarted.

I hate VAR. Have done since its introduction.

If this game gets replayed for any reason whatsoever that will be me done with the Premier League.

I don't think it will happen but given it is those Dipper cunts who knows?
The funniest thing is without VAR the goal still wouldn't have stood as the Lino flagged. No way this can get replayed, would open up a can of worms.

I hate VAR. Have done since its introduction.

If this game gets replayed for any reason whatsoever that will be me done with the Premier League.

I don't think it will happen but given it is those Dipper cunts who knows?
VAR is terrible. One frame can make a huge difference. They usually draw the lines on to show if someone is onside or not at the point that the ball leaves the foot of the person making the pass. But how accurate are they at measuring the precise millisecond when the ball leaves the foot in the first place as they never seem to show a proper close up of that.

Spotted outside Anfield

IMG-4425.jpg

No. Are you being biased for no reason? Any neutral can see their first sending off was unfortunate, their offside wasn't offside, and if we were down to 9 men against their 11, it would have been over soon.

I'm glad we won, but I ain't deluded.
Beg to differ, it was absolutely a red and any neutral who disagrees after using replay technology needs to get their eyes tested.

I too thought it was harsh when I watched it normal speed as it happened but that completely changed when I saw the replay and the ref acted correctly on review. I bet many of us initially thought a yellow was sufficient imagine the subsequent uproar if VAR had not intervened and we saw the incident replayed afterwards?

Also on the issue of their offside I'd like to point out that under the letter of the law the 'on field' decision by the official was indeed ruled offside and without the intervention of VAR the goal would have been chalked off like many have incorrectly been in the past. More is being revealed as time passes and it appears the persons responsible thought the goal had been awarded and carried out a cursory check to see if there was any reason why (i.e.) the goal should not be given and quickly gave the nod to continue by saying "check complete". Now turns out both the feckers had just got over a 6 hour flight touting their wares in the Middle East

Sure they (the mousers) have every justification for being aggrieved (we would be) just as we have every right to accept we got away with one there and not give a Jota.

:ange-hmm:

Last edited:
When you walk through a storm
Hold your flag up high
And don’t be afraid of the VAR

At the end of the game
There’s a great own goal
And the sweet silver sound as Spurs laugh

Walk on through the moans
Walk on through complaints
Their title dreams be tossed and blown

Move on , Move on
No hope in their heart
And you’ll never get a replay

You’ll never get a replay

You can have a lot of fun I’ve decided turning their songs on them

Have to do some work now , tonight I will have a crack at the Cilla classic

What’s it all about linesman

Last edited:
Have been listening to Talk Sport this morning while driving. It was even suggested on there that the game be replayed. If that happens I’m done with football. These scousers are something else!
You can't replay a game for an incorrect offside call. That is what this boils down to. It is utterly pathetic for anyone to suggest it should be and if it happens would ruin the game as we know it. You also can't get a game replayed for VAR making an error.
It is almost as if Liverpool have never had a decision go against them before...

That Fabinho tackle on ferguson when he was causing them problems is exactly why we should be very dubious of any claim by Jones that he had no intent to hurt Bissouma.

Given the way they play and the way officials have allowed them to means the opposite is more likely.
Bissouma was doing some wonderful shit in the middle in the minutes before that tackle. Taking the ball and spinning through a line of defence. It was beautiful to watch.

It's just a new way to fuck it up, outcome is the same, they fucked it up

They should be drawing lines regardless if they are showing the replay on screen.

If they had given it without drawing lines, wed' have felt it was a LiVARpool decision as well.

Was a massive fuck up anyway you cook it but both reds were correct and we'd have won the game vs 11 anyway.
Lines take a fair bit of time. When there is no need they don't want to waste the time. This was a freak so don't want to slow games for user error.

But anyway get shot of VAR

love playing around with Chat GPT, a poem for Liverpool’s woe.

‘’In vibrant red, a team shone bright,
Upon Tottenham's grounds, under the moonlight,
A goal they netted, fair and right,
Yet were met with the Ref's chilling oversight.

The Video Assistant Referee,
With microscopic scrutiny,
Declared an indisputable error,
An offside call, amidst the terror.

Liverpool fans, hearts pounding in their chests,
In disbelief and silent protests,
Saw the game now in a sway,
Luck, it seemed, had moved away.

Conjured up a storm of sounds,
Echoed through this foreign ground,
Fate it seemed had been unfair,
Their victory stolen into thin air.

Then came the injury time blow,
Matip's own goal brought further woe.
Liverpool, oh dear Liverpool,
In Tottenham's game, an unfortunate pool.

Two to one, wear the scar,
Stripped of victory near so far,
Again they rise, 'neath Tottenham's star,
Stronger in defeat, oh Liverpool, how shit you are!’’

Back
Top Bottom