Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters

Brilliant
sexy happy days GIF

I think a lot of our fans are being harsh labelling us as boring or uncreative.

Against both Sheffield United and Liverpool, we had to deal with an entire team camped in their own penalty area, no wider than the goal posts practically all holding hands.
Nobody is going to open that up at will.
The only areas we can improve on when we face that, is a) when the play does spread out, we need to get back up the pitch before the oppos can get back into their shape, and b) make better use of corners. I'm sure we had about 370 corners and no one won a header. Liverpool with 8 outfield players got a clean header on one of theirs.
At one point, it looked like we were more worried about them countering us than us actually scoring from a corner. Think we had 2 in the box and 7 outside it.

Something I noticed pre kick off, as I was enjoying my fully loaded buffalo chicken burger and waffle fries........

They set the team up for drills in the warm up. All they were doing was practicing passing to eachother when being tightly marked. That was it. No obvious pattern or goal at the end of it. Take the ball under pressure, pass it to another player under pressure, and again, and again.

I really liked seeing that. And I really think this is the biggest change to what I've been seeing for years. I was convinced our squad (outside of Kane) couldn't control a pass if it was rolled to them with the precision of an elite bowls player. Now they're all calling for the ball, taking it, and usually moving it on successfully. And if they don't, they don't drop their shoulders, they win it back, and they go again.

Fucking hell, Talksport are still whinging about what a massive injustice this all is. If it was the other way around they wouldn't give a flying fuck. It was funny for a while but now it's getting fucking tiresome.

Boo fucking hoo.

Fucking hell, Talksport are still whinging about what a massive injustice this all is. If it was the other way around they wouldn't give a flying fuck. It was funny for a while but now it's getting fucking tiresome.

Boo fucking hoo.

And this is why it's so fucking sweet.
You're bang on. It would be either swept under the carpet or every pundit would just say it's tough luck and we should've just accepted it happens.

No. Are you being biased for no reason? Any neutral can see their first sending off was unfortunate, their offside wasn't offside, and if we were down to 9 men against their 11, it would have been over soon.

I'm glad we won, but I ain't deluded.
Da fuq?!

Just say no to drugs. Don't give in to peer pressure.

I've just spent nearly four hours reading thread, watching various clips on YouTube and catching up with friends on WhatsApp, it's been a busy afternoon. Five people sent me the clip where I'm celebrating at the end of the game, thank goodness I wasn't making a rude gesture or anything too embarrassing. When I saw us on the big screen, I thought they were in-house cameras, didn't appreciate they were sky. 🤭

You played the game? Ever accidentally went over the top of the ball with no excessive force? Cause that's what happened there

It's a shit law that a player gets sent off, just like it's a shit law that Sissoko's handball was a penalty
Who gives a flying fuck if it was accidental? That's well beside the point. In fact, it's three cities over from the point.

Back
Top Bottom