Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
You keep coming back to how intentional it was. It makes zero difference. None. Zip. Nada.
No. I understand the law of the game.

I'm coming at it from real football terms, not from what the law in the past decade with slowed down VAR decides.

Like, how Sissoko's handball wasn't intentional but it made no difference.

I’m a turkey murderer. On a huge scale.

A geezer I worked with once did his military service in the Israeli Air force. There was this girl he liked whose dad happened to be turkey farmer.

One day when out in the jet he decided to try and impress her and did a low fly past over the turkey farm.

Unfortunately for him turkeys are very highly strung and most of them dropped dead.

Needless to say he didn't get the girl .

I've just spent nearly four hours reading thread, watching various clips on YouTube and catching up with friends on WhatsApp, it's been a busy afternoon. Five people sent me the clip where I'm celebrating at the end of the game, thank goodness I wasn't making a rude gesture or anything too embarrassing. When I saw us on the big screen, I thought they were in-house cameras, didn't appreciate they were sky. 🤭

I thought that was you!

We 100% need a fighting cock “Mrs P” t shirt.

Think you and 1882 1882 are officially the TFC tv king and queen.

No. I understand the law of the game.

I'm coming at it from real football terms, not from what the law in the past decade with slowed down VAR decides.

Like, how Sissoko's handball wasn't intentional but it made no difference.
Now I know you're on the windup. I didn't mention Sissoko. But having a ball blasted at your armpit is not the same as putting your studs in someone's ankle, and if you're comparing the two then you can take your windup attempts and steal some hubcaps.

They always raise their game and try to bully us, they see us as one of their main rivals. You cant bully this new team so they blew their lid.

They are honestly the dirtiest team in the premier league.

I have no doubt Jones wanted to stick one on Bissouma because they know how important he is for us.

Jota should have been booked twice before his first yellow. Forearm to the face on a jump and a hack on Bissouma when he blew by him.

They were leading with forearms and elbows on aerial challenges from the start. Diaz, Jota when he came on.

Tbh they played like a Jose Chelsea team. Direct hoofs or quick counters down our left once they went down to 10.

After all that Allison was their best player and made 2 world class saves. And they still feel hard done by.

Honestly starting to think they are a cult

No. Are you being biased for no reason? Any neutral can see their first sending off was unfortunate, their offside wasn't offside, and if we were down to 9 men against their 11, it would have been over soon.

I'm glad we won, but I ain't deluded.
But... we're not neutral. We support spurs so of course there's an inherent bias...however, in this case, the red was justified and Jota was a fool for that tackle on a yellow. We got lucky with the offside for sure but there's a post somewhere in this thread showing 4 photos of times when the dippers should have been punished and weren't (and sissokos 'handball' in the final).

Did you expect pure, unadulterated neutrality on a spurs forum? Weird perspective from you.

They are honestly the dirtiest team in the premier league.

I have no doubt Jones wanted to stick one on Bissouma because they know how important he is for us.

Jota should have been booked twice before his first yellow. Forearm to the face on a jump and a hack on Bissouma when he blew by him.

They were leading with forearms and elbows on aerial challenges from the start. Diaz, Jota when he came on.

Tbh they played like a Jose Chelsea team. Direct hoofs or quick counters down our left once they went down to 10.

After all that Allison was their best player and made 2 world class saves. And they still feel hard done by.

Honestly starting to think they are a cult
No. I don't think he meant to do Biss. It was a shit challenge and to the letter of the law he deserved a red but there was no intent.

You played the game? Ever accidentally went over the top of the ball with no excessive force? Cause that's what happened there

It's a shit law that a player gets sent off, just like it's a shit law that Sissoko's handball was a penalty
Yes many times but and I’ve made that tackle many times but if I ever landed my foot on an ankle or higher up then I’d have expected a red.

You played the game? Ever accidentally went over the top of the ball with no excessive force? Cause that's what happened there

It's a shit law that a player gets sent off, just like it's a shit law that Sissoko's handball was a penalty

Based on previous and the type of humans they Foster in that club, I’d be more shocked if Jones WASNT trying to take Bissouma out for a few games.

They are cheats.

Apparently work is cancelled Tomorrow as it’s an official day of mourning for LFC and the VAR decision that went against them! :ange-blow:
Ah fuck who we kidding , none of them cunts actually have jobs! :ange-lol:

The way we are set up now, commuting bodies forward will, always leave the team exposed for the counter.
Maybe as time goes on, they will improve the defence aspect, but for now, the team is winning.
I think being exposed on the counter is the reason VDV was signed and that Romero,Porro and Udogie all fit the system perfectly. Ange is happy for us to risk that to dominate in midfield and in the final third. There were a few times yesterday VDV was happy to give any of their front players 5 yards of a start.

Back
Top Bottom