Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The ref booking the Sheff U defender then giving the ball to their goalkeeper was also bizarre. Was it a foul or not?
The referee definitely haven't had a good game, whether it is deliberate is up us to make our conclusion.

Bisoumma push
Mads penalty
Son being wrestled
The shitty time wasting behaviour of sheff

Ange all good telling bisoumma and Mads not to stoop to suhc behaviour.

Hopefully sheff United get relegated for such shitty football.

This game is a big difference to those last minute winner to Leicester where we aren't necessary the best team but yet we won.

Love it that we play attractive football & dominate. Even fans can tell we don't deserve not to win.

I think when we are creating chances but getting frustrated, I notice fans and players appeal for everything including some quite spurious claims. I think this counts against us when a genuine claim like Sons trip comes along. I don't think this applies just to us. A bit like the boy who cried wolf. Still a shit decision though.
One of the biggest myths in football is that wrong ref decisions balances itself out during the season. It doesn't: the "bigger" teams - be in domestic leagues, CL, or WC - almost always will get more decisions in their favor than against, particularly big decisions. And Spurs is rarely the "big" team.
And with VAR one would have thought that any blatant fouls the ref & linesmen would oversee would be spotted and dealt with by VAR - bot not. And that league with so much money as the EPL still is mired in controversies that borders "suspicion" speaks volumes about how poor (corrupt?) the system is.
Maddison was clearly clipped down (and more blatantly so than the Son incident) and Bissouma was clearly pushed in back with an out-stretched arm (one could see the guilt in the defender's eyes & body language).

It didn’t look a pen apart from one angle where it was obvious. Honestly what is the fucking point in VAR?

That was the worst refereeing performance I’ve ever seen at PL level (saying something). One bad tackle from that fat Scouse Everton reject tramp who came on for them, yet there were about 14 bookings and a sending off? He had zero control of the game, in what should have been a fairly easy one to control.

Get out you useless cunt of a ref and shave your ridiculous balding hair. These freaks are devoid of any personality, never played the game and have no gravitas. I imagine his wife pegs him with a strap on for sexual kicks
That's the sort of thing your imagination conjours up is it?

Why doesn't it surprise me?

Amazing game to be at, the ending a big part of why going to footy can be so great.

I was a little concerned going into yesterday as they were gonna be the first proper bus parkers we'd faced at home and that isn't always easy to deal with as we saw.

Son isn't a box and back to goal player, he's a run onto it, space in behind player and yesterday was never gonna suit him - not a criticism of him, just an observation of his style and strengths. We were crying out for Richy earlier and I was a bit concerned Ange made the subs a bit late and reactively.

Fair play to him leaving Kulu on and moving him inside as I would've hooked him (and left Son on as he's a bigger goal threat) as I thought he wasn't particularly good - but credit to him, once he moved inside he demanded the ball more and never stopped trying to carve something out, taking his goal brilliantly.

All the subs played their part - Ivan caused them problems and his cross for the Richy header was magnificent. Richy is a proper box player, always looking to get between the CBs or pull to the far post for crosses. Son just doesn't do this, it's not instinctive for him, plus Richy is miles better in the air.

Johnson looks lively and smart, PEH played a nice little stabbed pass in the build up to the goal, Emerson really drove at their defence and everyone played with real desire but also some intelligence and control.

Thought Bis was great again yesterday and our midfield generally looks very good and very well balanced.

I hope Ange learns something from yesterday, mainly that Richy is more effective against bus parkers and perhaps Son can be shifted wide in these games. But his subs were excellent and the shift to a back 3 was interesting as we got more attacking players on the pitch but didn't lose our shape doing it.

One thing I noticed was VDV being beaten in the air a lot by McBernie - he doesn't get up well for a big bloke - and I hope it's something he works on as he adjusts to the league.

Yesterday reminded me a little of peak Poch - a team with great spirit and desire, talented, together and hardworking who have the mentality to keep going and never give up. It's early days and the big tests are coming but it's a brilliant start and bodes well for the future.

The referee definitely haven't had a good game, whether it is deliberate is up us to make our conclusion.

Bisoumma push
Mads penalty
Son being wrestled
The shitty time wasting behaviour of sheff

Ange all good telling bisoumma and Mads not to stoop to suhc behaviour.

Hopefully sheff United get relegated for such shitty football.

This game is a big difference to those last minute winner to Leicester where we aren't necessary the best team but yet we won.

Love it that we play attractive football & dominate. Even fans can tell we don't deserve not to win.

I mean we were the best team by quite a distance.

I was thinkin when Richy came on he could get one. Sheffields b
Amazing game to be at, the ending a big part of why going to footy can be so great.

I was a little concerned going into yesterday as they were gonna be the first proper bus parkers we'd faced at home and that isn't always easy to deal with as we saw.

Son isn't a box and back to goal player, he's a run onto it, space in behind player and yesterday was never gonna suit him - not a criticism of him, just an observation of his style and strengths. We were crying out for Richy earlier and I was a bit concerned Ange made the subs a bit late and reactively.

Fair play to him leaving Kulu on and moving him inside as I would've hooked him (and left Son on as he's a bigger goal threat) as I thought he wasn't particularly good - but credit to him, once he moved inside he demanded the ball more and never stopped trying to carve something out, taking his goal brilliantly.

All the subs played their part - Ivan caused them problems and his cross for the Richy header was magnificent. Richy is a proper box player, always looking to get between the CBs or pull to the far post for crosses. Son just doesn't do this, it's not instinctive for him, plus Richy is miles better in the air.

Johnson looks lively and smart, PEH played a nice little stabbed pass in the build up to the goal, Emerson really drove at their defence and everyone played with real desire but also some intelligence and control.

Thought Bis was great again yesterday and our midfield generally looks very good and very well balanced.

I hope Ange learns something from yesterday, mainly that Richy is more effective against bus parkers and perhaps Son can be shifted wide in these games. But his subs were excellent and the shift to a back 3 was interesting as we got more attacking players on the pitch but didn't lose our shape doing it.

One thing I noticed was VDV being beaten in the air a lot by McBernie - he doesn't get up well for a big bloke - and I hope it's something he works on as he adjusts to the league.

Yesterday reminded me a little of peak Poch - a team with great spirit and desire, talented, together and hardworking who have the mentality to keep going and never give up. It's early days and the big tests are coming but it's a brilliant start and bodes well for the future.
Agreed.. I was thinking Richy would have been suited to the game from early doors and like you, I was thinking Ang left his subs 2 late.. suppose we just have to get used to these long added minutes especially against bus parking teams.. on reflection ang had this in mind with his timing of subs ..think what we now need is a 25 goal a season striker, a goal machine WITH PACE...given a little faith think Richy will get 15 ish BUT to hit the top 3 or 4 a goalscorer is needed .. who knows Richy could well step up ... but 4 me Toney would be a fit. But I'm sure Ang has his own views ..

Just watching the replay now. The Maddison incident in the first half was a definite pen in today’s environment. Our commentators didn’t refer to a VAR check.

Think the Son one might have been soft but only saw one replay.

I don’t know how play wasn’t stopped on 43 mins for our corner where Romero was being wrestled, shirt pulled practically off his back.
The commentary I had looked at a different angle and it was clear he got chopped down. The commentator was adamant it was a penalty.

So it seems that the Sheffield forum have a standard post-match ritual where 'Roy' gathers the views from the opposition fans and collates them (link in first post):

Roy's View From... - View From Spurs

Some of these have to be from here surely??

:ange-arms2:
Thanks for the link. I'm quoted as follows... “Sheffield United deserved every last life-sucking nanosecond of that pain. Loathesome masters of their own disgraceful downfall. Utter scum.
Oh the joy of it. The pure, blissful joy of it.”

On reflection, I encapsulated the proceeedings quite well. :)

The commentary I had looked at a different angle and it was clear he got chopped down. The commentator was adamant it was a penalty.
I had Efan Ekoku as co-comm on my stream. He really fucking hates Spurs. Dismissed all the pen shouts out of hand, kept going on about how marvellously Sheff U were playing (wtf?) and was absolutely devastated at the end. "Football can be so cruel."

:ange-arms2:

Back
Top Bottom