Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oooh...I think I will go and have a little look at that.

I'm sure they are being magnanimous in defeat?

I had a brief read… they’re salty. Pissed at the ref etc. Pretty much the same way we feel about the game, except they lost in added time and play shit football.

What I do understand is that they essentially have to play like that (esp away to top-half teams) to have any chance of staying up. Can’t hate them for that… but their supporters should at least be able to recognise that’s how they played.

I had a brief read… they’re salty. Pissed at the ref etc. Pretty much the same way we feel about the game, except they lost in added time and play shit football.

What I do understand is that they essentially have to play like that (esp away to top-half teams) to have any chance of staying up. Can’t hate them for that… but their supporters should at least be able to recognise that’s how they played.

I agree. They are doing what they need to do but they can't argue when they get found out.

The referee absolutely did ruin the game, he’s not wrong about that. They are supposed to be getting tougher on time wasting this season yet in that first half he failed to get a grip and completely lost control of the game. Sheffield couldn’t believe the stuff he was letting them get away with, the 5 minutes their keeper spent taking his gloves on and off in the middle of the pitch was like one of Mourinho’s wet dreams.

There wasn’t a single dangerous tackle in the game yet he showed 13 yellow cards. Utterly inept. He’s lucky we won in the end otherwise he would be coming under serious scrutiny.
There was a bad tackle late in the game from a SU player. I can’t remember who it was or on who because my brains capacity was severely limited from the previous nights activities. I do recall the SU player had sorts long hair, potentially a man bun???? But he did have a stupid bit of string across his hair to ‘hold it out his eyes’???? Fuckwit. Pretty sure he was a sub.
But it was a bad tackle and I actually thought very close to a red. Was from behind, no ball, potential leg breaker.

Last edited:
The difference between yesterday and last season was that I'd I (and 50% of the stadium) would have already left by the time we equalised.

But I think everyone there thought we could win. Even with 3 minutes of the 12 left.
I took a quick video of the stadium at 113 minutes and it was still packed solid.
Made me miss a train and cost me a 47 minute wait for the next one, but well worth it.
I’ve never left a game before the final whistle - probably because I’m a tight git and want to eek out every bit of value for my ticket - if you go to the cinema do you leave 10 minutes before the end?

There was a bad tackle late in the game from a SU player. I can’t remember who it was or on who because my brains capacity was severely limited from the previous nights activities. I do recall the SU player had sorts long hair, potentially a man bun???? But he did have a stupid bit of string across his hair to ‘hold it out his eyes’???? Fuckwit. Pretty sure he was a sub.
But it was a bad tackle and I actually thought very close to a red. Was from behind, no ball, potential leg breaker.
That’s Tom Davies. Everton reject. He’s aged 13 years in two seasons. Kinda like when Luke Shaw put on 13 stone in two seasons.

Had a proper shitty week with the dog passing but that win at the end yesterday proper cheered me up! It’s mad how football can play with your emotions so much!
I just feel like we have a squad again that wants to play for the badge and each other , I’m sure there are going to be some bumps in the road along the way but I’m feeling something now that I didn’t even get with Poch, maybe it’s the fact that Ange has been here before and won trophies his whole career but it just feels different this time!
Hard to put it into words but it just feels like Ange is building something special here and I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride!

Had a proper shitty week with the dog passing but that win at the end yesterday proper cheered me up! It’s mad how football can play with your emotions so much!
I just feel like we have a squad again that wants to play for the badge and each other , I’m sure there are going to be some bumps in the road along the way but I’m feeling something now that I didn’t even get with Poch, maybe it’s the fact that Ange has been here before and won trophies his whole career but it just feels different this time!
Hard to put it into words but it just feels like Ange is building something special here and I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride!
Really sorry to hear this pal, a horrendous thing to experience. Look after yourself :angehug:

Just watching the replay now. The Maddison incident in the first half was a definite pen in today’s environment. Our commentators didn’t refer to a VAR check.

Think the Son one might have been soft but only saw one replay.

I don’t know how play wasn’t stopped on 43 mins for our corner where Romero was being wrestled, shirt pulled practically off his back.

It's our last game of the season. Hopefully they'll be already relegated. Or better still, we put them down.
Spurs Winning the league at the lane but not the lane!
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

And of course, we're all cunts for trying to play actual football.

Said it before, i'll say it again - we just need to go full Millwall at this point. Everyone hates us and we should wear it as a badge of pride.

Imagine what it would do if we started singing songs about everyone hating us and we don't care.

Not sure the views of the Sheffield United fans are that balanced although we do get some right plonkers on this forum too but how is it that they don’t recognize that the added minutes were mainly due to their time-wasting antics?

I don’t mind the way they play football because if we are honest, they have much less financial power than established prem teams so I can understand that they set up this way. They need to do it to survive in the prem, to then keep their best players, to then sign better players and etc, to then think about playing a more ‘expansive’ football. I get all that tbh but not the time wasting.

Also, they are going on like the referee was awful for them but he was also terrible for us. No penalty on Madders? Two different outcomes for the same situation with the fans throwing the ball back on the field?

Lots of unbalanced views on both sides imo.

Sorry to hear mate. Our furry friends are mostly our best. Glad Big Ange gave you a smile.

Back
Top Bottom