Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alfie Dorrington is not even close to Ashley Phillips' level in displayed ability and experience. Equating the two is nonsense.
Both are teammates for England's U18, and Dorrington has been doing very well in youth football, is a handful of Championship games all it takes to say there's a gulf of ability and experience between them?

Both are teammates for England's U18, and Dorrington has been doing very well in youth football, is a handful of Championship games all it takes to say there's a gulf of ability and experience between them?
We're not chucking in Dorrington who has never played senior football when Dier is set there. Just isn't going to happen. I get that people literally hate Dier now and want him publicly flayed, but it's gotten a bit over the top.

We're not chucking in Dorrington who has never played senior football when Dier is set there. Just isn't going to happen. I get that people literally hate Dier now and want him publicly flayed, but it's gotten a bit over the top.
I’ll take a £50 bet with you this is EXACTLY what happens.

Ange no doubt has a plan, but I don’t see Dier being any part of it.

I don’t think it’s a hate thing, more that we can all see he’d be absolutely turned inside out in a high line.

Doesn’t possess the pace or show the tackling aptitude for it.

Last edited:
What does hate have to do with it? He's clearly a poor fit for the system. I really don't see what the issue is with having a youth player as a backup, half of Pep's bench are youth players and he's fighting for the league.

Paid off or Saudi/Turkey in your opinion?
Paid off I reckon once Saudi/Turkey closes

Just shows the data analysis scouting differences vs 15 years ago when you would have had queues of bottom half PL clubs trying to take him as a recent England CB without any due diligence beyond their own arrogance…. Redknapp, Pulis, Bruce, Allardyce etc

Paid off I reckon once Saudi/Turkey closes

Just shows the data analysis scouting differences vs 15 years ago when you would have had queues of bottom half PL clubs trying to take him as a recent England CB without any due diligence beyond their own arrogance…. Redknapp, Pulis, Bruce, Allardyce etc
There's been a number of lower sides who have shown interest in him, even Fulham, he just prefers to see out his contract.

Sassy Good Bye GIF

Back
Top Bottom