Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are obviously in a rebuild, so what is the objective now?

I reckon with 1 game a week now another cup has gone up the Swanee we should be looking at top 4, so that next Summer we look very attractive to the better players that demand Champions League.

If we have no injuries we are OK at the back, but it is fingers crossed. My main beef is that we didn't get someone we could rely on to score goals in the Ange system ... Vlahovic was the obvious one.

We are 1-2 bad injuries away from it going a little sideways so I'd just chill on the expectations.

I'll take a finish above 8th playing good football for this season.

Then why have you said that we had to pay £70M when that's simply not true?
On top of that, the "£70M" wasn't even used to improve the squad, so that's irrelevant. I bet you were one of the people who counted Porro's fee on the january window as well, so you can't have it both ways.
Oh, tiresome to have to spoon feed people and you are twisting facts to gain points.
First of all I did not count Porro's fee in January. Can you find any quotes where I said that? So you totally lost your bet and yet you talk about being "true" and then throws out a blatant lie :D
I never said that the fees for Porro & Kulu had to be paid at once. I know very well that transfer fees normally are spread over several years but the payments kicked in this summer.
And now you can calm down :cool:

In case you did not know: almost all transfer fees are spread of several years but it was this year Spurs took up the option on Kulu.
Now you can calm down :cool:

Also transfers are split over the length of a contract for accounting purposes but generally have to be paid within a couple of years in actual terms.

We are 1-2 bad injuries away from it going a little sideways so I'd just chill on the expectations.

I'll take a finish above 8th playing good football for this season.
We might not get any injuries now though.
Our most injured players in recent years have been Sessegnon, Lloris, Gil, GLC, Richarlison, Kulu and Bentancur. And we're well stacked in those positions, some of them not even wanted anymore.

Yes. Because that's when we became liable to pay. They were (along with Lenglet and Danjuma) marked as loans last season.
Last season Romero was marked as a £42.5m fee even though he signed the season before
It would certainly be a novel approach to accounting if they were not recorded as expenditure when we acquired them or a year later when payment was due.

Also transfers are split over the length of a contract for accounting purposes but generally have to be paid within a couple of years in actual terms.
Depends on the terms with the selling club.
One deal may he split equally over x number of years, one maybe all up front, one may be anything in between. Then there's clauses that trigger when players leave etc.

It would certainly be a novel approach to accounting if they were not recorded as expenditure when we acquired them or a year later when payment was due.
I'm pretty certain the entire reason for doing it is to bend financial requirements.
I'm also pretty certain all those fans saying we shouldn't add their fee to this windows net spend were probably whining they were only on loan and not adding it to last seasons either.
It is one or the other. Either a massive net spend last year or this.

I never said that the fees for Porro & Kulu had to be paid at once.
Really? Then why are you counting the total fee to make a point in this comment?
I am not defending L & L transfer dealings but Spurs also had to pay the fees of Porro and Kulu, so that's around £70+m

Pretty sure that if I dig long enough I'll find a comment about spending in january where Porro has been included, I just can't be bothered enough.

We are obviously in a rebuild, so what is the objective now?

I reckon with 1 game a week now another cup has gone up the Swanee we should be looking at top 4, so that next Summer we look very attractive to the better players that demand Champions League.

If we have no injuries we are OK at the back, but it is fingers crossed. My main beef is that we didn't get someone we could rely on to score goals in the Ange system ... Vlahovic was the obvious one.
Recent history shows Champions League qualification has absolutely zero impact on our transfer activity. We never use the opportunity to push on. We do the absolute bare minimum regardless.
Our owners are not committed to success on the pitch

So If you consider;
Deki - £25m
Porro - £39.7m
extract that from the money spent;

ClubMoney SpentMoney ReceivedNet Spend
1. Chelsea£424.8m£220.1m£204.7m
2. Woolwich£203.5m£78.8m£124.7m
3. Man Utd£167.4m£42.9m£124.5m
4. Bournemouth£109.9m£0£109.9m
5. Tottenham£148.7m£110m£38.7m

Which puts us at around 12th on net spend amounts these teams;

Crystal Palace£36m£800k£35.2m
Luton Town£20m£0£20m

So yeah this pretty much confirms the manager hasn't been backed and the window was a bag of shit.

Anchorman Celebrating GIF

It's absolutely disgusting, whichever way you look at it

Really? Then why are you counting the total fee to make a point in this comment?

Pretty sure that if I dig long enough I'll find a comment about spending in january where Porro has been included, I just can't be bothered enough.
All I did was quote the aprx. total fee for both - I did NOT say it has to be paid at once. How many times do you have to be told before you get the point?
You will not find any comment from me about Porro's fee in January so stop inventing lies. I challenge you to find those imaginary quotes rather than inventing blatant lies to back up your point.

Recent history shows Champions League qualification has absolutely zero impact on our transfer activity. We never use the opportunity to push on. We do the absolute bare minimum regardless.
Our owners are not committed to success on the pitch
How can you know that?

The transition from the AVB team to the Poch team is sort of the cycle we are in now. Without getting top 4 how do we know that Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele etc. would have been interested in Spurs?

Back
Top Bottom