Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do we keep splurging when we have such players, it's clear we need a winger but we are overpaying.

The amount spent on spence and Jack Clarke
I don't think we need worry about the price tag. The only concerns are does he immediately improve our starting XI

Probably not. Maybe one for the future. Time will tell but as with any new player best of luck and welcome to Spurs

I don't think we need worry about the price tag. The only concerns are does he immediately improve our starting XI

Probably not. Maybe one for the future. Time will tell but as with any new player best of luck and welcome to Spurs
The lineup for Sheffield United after the International Break intrigues, certainly.

I bet Ange throws him out there.

There are garden snails who possess more pace, verve, and speed on the break than Kulusevski. I’m at my last nerve watching him cut inside when he has 30 yards of grass to run into and no defenders in front of him.

At the very least, Johnson will provide pace, width, directness, and runs in behind that we’ve been sorely lacking on that wing for a long time.

Good luck to him.

There are garden snails who possess more pace, verve, and speed on the break than Kulusevski. I’m at my last nerve watching him cut inside when he has 30 yards of grass to run into and no defenders in front of him.

At the very least, Johnson will provide pace, width, directness, and runs in behind that we’ve been sorely lacking on that wing for a long time.

Good luck to him.

Kulu cuts inside because he has no right foot. He does not have blazing pace, but his top speed isn’t too bad. His clear weakness (no right foot) makes him slower

Welcome Brennan!

We've overpaid a bit but it is what it is. He'll have my full support if he puts in the effort. However when I think of him now, the only thing I remember is that Woolwich miss to put Forest in front in the opening 5 minutes. Hopefully that won't happen as much here as he'll work on his finishing.

Kulu cuts inside because he has no right foot. He does not have blazing pace, but his top speed isn’t too bad. His clear weakness (no right foot) makes him slower
Kulu would turn back from a woman with her legs wide open offering guaranteed snatch if it required him to go right. We will hope Johnno does not have that problem.

Last edited:
Not sure he goes straight into the side like Maddison, but what a player to have on the bench for the time being to bring on against tiring opposition. Considering his age, potential, the fact that he's British and also the state of today's transfer market, 45 million really isn't a bad price at all. If he works on his end product (and he should improve playing with better players) he could soon enough be worth double that.

I think he’ll be very good competition for Kulu and brings us more of an attacking threat than he does.

Certainly plenty of room for him to get better too though.

yVEwrfy.png

Close Up Flirting GIF

Back
Top Bottom