Guglielmo Vicario

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So comfortable on the ball. Vital for the way we play
The transformation in our initial build-up phase is the biggest difference this year.

Press us and you'll turn a goal kick into a transition the other way. That's how De Zerbi is ripping the league apart.

But one guy who lacks quality and composure in possession and you're fucked. No Lloris, no Dier, Sanchez is a problem, Royal is a problem, Davies is a bit of a problem. Fine margins between brilliance and calamity.

The transformation in our initial build-up phase is the biggest difference this year.

Press us and you'll turn a goal kick into a transition the other way. That's how De Zerbi is ripping the league apart.

But one guy who lacks quality and composure in possession and you're fucked. No Lloris, no Dier, Sanchez is a problem, Royal is a problem, Davies is a bit of a problem. Fine margins between brilliance and calamity.
Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

On the contrary I think Davies is great at receiving and passing the ball. Limited physically though.. not big and strong enough for Cb and not quick enough for Fullback. This Inverted Fullback/quasi wide defensive midfielder role suits him well in the same way to Greg Taylor at Celtic is is also not blessed physically

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

On the contrary I think Davies is great at receiving and passing the ball. Limited physically though.. not big and strong enough for Cb and not quick enough for Fullback. This Inverted Fullback/quasi wide defensive midfielder role suits him well in the same way to Greg Taylor at Celtic is is also not blessed physically

I also think Royal is okay playing out of the back.

His distribution was fantastic, one pass in particular through the centre of the pitch to an unmarked Porro completely opened the game up. Not much to do in terms of saves, good game.
This. That one pass and their entire press was bypassed and Porro was off to the races with acres of space. All that by Venom being patient and picking the right pass. It was magnificent.

I also think Royal is okay playing out of the back.
I feel like I expressed everyone's shortcomings in the right order.

It's not that those guys are horrendous as much as the fundamental base-level ball playing quality of a first line of Romero-Vicario-VDV, playing into a second level of Udogie-Bissouma-Porro, with Maddison and Kulusevski tucking in to provide the extra man where necessary is enormously high.

Night and day from the clogger factory this team was two summers ago. Take a bow Don Fabio.

Lloris is a club legend and a hell of a shot stopper, but he was a mess with the ball at his feet.

So nice to have a keeper who can start the attack and cooly play out from the back, so obvious how much of a difference it makes.

Who's Italy's starting keeper? Still Donnarumma? Cos it's looking like it should be Vicario.

This. That one pass and their entire press was bypassed and Porro was off to the races with acres of space. All that by Venom being patient and picking the right pass. It was magnificent.

Vic Venom?

Nice......

Back
Top Bottom