Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m giving him 2 more games to start scoring before I jump on the ‘not good enough’ bandwwgon as I don’t think too much has been passed to him yet. He won’t fill Kane’s boots. No one would

I would cut our losses with this guy and look elsewhere. He doesnt look like he fits at all at this club. He makes Janssen look like Prime Ronaldo

I would cut our losses with this guy and look elsewhere. He doesnt look like he fits at all at this club. He makes Janssen look like Prime Ronaldo

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

So he is comparing stats of guys playing CF to someone playing mostly RW. Richie had a bad season by all accounts, but thats just not as smart as he thinks it is.

edit: Ok, looked at the twix account. This guy is an idiot.
How many games did Richy start vs Soldado? Mainly sub I think

He needs to have a game - just one - where he genuinely looks a threat, controls the ball well consistently, and does all the things you expect of a 60m striker.

Just one match. I don't mean just bobbling in a header from 2 yards vs Bournemouth and being called a success, I mean actually looking good throughout the 90 in a match of football. Is that too much to ask?
No it definitely isn’t. This is why I don’t get the love in with him. He’s not played well for the majority of any match he’s started. Even the game against Marseille he was average at best but his two goals obviously make it a good performance but as you say can he not just do everything tidy,hold it up,pass it to a team mate,create something and finish when he gets the chance? If we can’t expect that from a £60 million player then there is something seriously wrong.

No it definitely isn’t. This is why I don’t get the love in with him. He’s not played well for the majority of any match he’s started. Even the game against Marseille he was average at best but his two goals obviously make it a good performance but as you say can he not just do everything tidy,hold it up,pass it to a team mate,create something and finish when he gets the chance? If we can’t expect that from a £60 million player then there is something seriously wrong.
I reckon he'll start scoring about one every 2 games, ie one per 180 mins on the pitch after a few matches and everyone's trying to get used to a completely different system, completely different manager.

From chatting with the Celtic lads, and I have to say they seem to know what they're talking about, Ange will just want him to make runs behind, create space for others, and get on the end of chances.

he doesnt score goals cos he doesnt get any service! go and watch the minute i said and youll see a clear example of this. that should have been a richarlison goal, but yet again he gets ignored by someone with their fucking head down.

i actually think its the exact moment richarlison is moaning about when he comes off.
Being a striker is probably the most frustrating position in the game. Back to goal,starved of service,making runs constantly and not getting anything and playing off scraps but at some point you need to make it happen for yourself and not sulk.
He is Brazil’s number 9 I’ve heard,so why can’t he come off and receive the ball and get a shot away or play a clever pass or is that too much for him?
People will say that it’s not his job and the formation doesn’t really allow him to do that but that’s bollocks. The players under this manager are allowed to express themselves so let’s see it from him. He wants us to be patient with him and the goals will come but we need to see a glimmer of something because fans are fickle cunts. I hope from Saturday he gets his goals and plays great and can kickstart his career here because if it doesn’t happen soon then there is no defending him.

Being a striker is probably the most frustrating position in the game. Back to goal,starved of service,making runs constantly and not getting anything and playing off scraps but at some point you need to make it happen for yourself and not sulk.
He is Brazil’s number 9 I’ve heard,so why can’t he come off and receive the ball and get a shot away or play a clever pass or is that too much for him?
People will say that it’s not his job and the formation doesn’t really allow him to do that but that’s bollocks. The players under this manager are allowed to express themselves so let’s see it from him. He wants us to be patient with him and the goals will come but we need to see a glimmer of something because fans are fickle cunts. I hope from Saturday he gets his goals and plays great and can kickstart his career here because if it doesn’t happen soon then there is no defending him.
It isn't though. Staying up top even though he's starved of service is selfless work for the team, it opens up space in the box for players like Son or Sarr.

xG accumulated by forwards in the two Premier League games so far:

Yoane Wissa: 1.71
Neal Maupay: 1.45
Odsonne Edouard: 1.44
Nicolas Jackson: 1.33
Dominic Solanke: 1.13
Matheus Cunha: 1.02
Erling Haaland: 0.99
Eddie Nketiah: 0.96
Taiwo Awoniyi: 0.86
Marcus Rashford: 0.82
Alexander Isak: 0.77
Diogo Jota: 0.76
Ollie Watkins: 0.66
Danny Welbeck: 0.5
Michail Antonio: 0.22
Richarlison: 0.17
Raul Jimenez: 0.12

The only one getting less chances than Richarlison right now is Raul Jimenez, who's been finished since his head injury. Richarlison is getting about a quarter of the xG of the median striker, this is absolutely dysfunctional and needs to be resolved. Now, you could blame his movement, but I haven't seen anyone making any effort of actually finding him in the box, particularly our wingers.

Yeah we need to be realistic - I think he’s one player that a club would stump up half decent money for
If we put him on the market there’s absolutely no way the Saudi clubs wouldn’t come sniffing. “Brazils number 9 innit” :ange-bored2:

The problem is would the club get a replacement for him this late in the window? With the way we do business I’d say slim to no chance. So we’re likely stuck with him.

If we put him on the market there’s absolutely no way the Saudi clubs wouldn’t come sniffing. “Brazils number 9 innit” :ange-bored2:

The problem is would the club get a replacement for him this late in the window? With the way we do business I’d say slim to no chance. So we’re likely stuck with him.
Do we need a replacement?

It isn't though. Staying up top even though he's starved of service is selfless work for the team, it opens up space in the box for players like Son or Sarr.
His job is still to score goals as a centre forward. If he isn’t getting chances it’s because his teammates aren’t creating enough,his movement and runs aren’t good enough or he isn’t sniffing out chances. If he goes through a season not scoring regularly it’s detrimental to the team even if he’s still opening up space for others. Top centre forwards can do both. He’s not a top centre forward.

Back
Top Bottom