Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Starts 22/23 (all comps):

ST - 2 games

The lad really does deserve a clean slate this season.

He needs to have a game - just one - where he genuinely looks a threat, controls the ball well consistently, and does all the things you expect of a 60m striker.

Just one match. I don't mean just bobbling in a header from 2 yards vs Bournemouth and being called a success, I mean actually looking good throughout the 90 in a match of football. Is that too much to ask?

He needs to have a game - just one - where he genuinely looks a threat, controls the ball well consistently, and does all the things you expect of a 60m striker.

Just one match. I don't mean just bobbling in a header from 2 yards vs Bournemouth and being called a success, I mean actually looking good throughout the 90 in a match of football. Is that too much to ask?

Not too much to ask, no...........

But if he's gonna get criticised over how he played ST last season despite gettig fuck all time there; then it's entirely evident he's not being the clean slate that his situ deserves.

Thankfully the gaffa is though as that's what matters most.

I promise you this much though... He can have a blinder against B'muff and I wont suddenly herald him the new goat.

Not too much to ask, no...........

But if he's gonna get criticised over how he played ST last season despite gettig fuck all time there; then it's entirely evident he's not being the clean slate that his situ deserves.

Thankfully the gaffa is though as that's what matters most.

I promise you this much though... He can have a blinder against B'muff and I wont suddenly herald him the new goat.

I can guarantee that whilst Ange will never do a Jose or Conte & publicly turn on a player, he won't be content with Richy's opening 2 performances the way others are on here. Not a chance. There's a reason he was subbed early vs United.

He's in there due to no choice in the matter. Ange will be hyping him up at every turn and ultra positive, but so far he's struggled to trap a ball, let alone come close to being a striker teams fear. It's not good enough and if it doesn't improve very quickly then we need to explore our options.

I can guarantee that whilst Ange will never do a Jose or Conte & publicly turn on a player, he won't be content with Richy's opening 2 performances the way others are on here. Not a chance. There's a reason he was subbed early vs United.

I wouldn't want nor expect Ange to be content.

I do however expect (and indeed believe) he'll work with the player a bit more than the "he was shit last year" crew would deem appropriate though.

Remember there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't have identified Son as a more preferable option to try and mold him to his system instead(*)..... He's more than aware of Sonny's past exploits; he's already said as much.

(*I actually think it makes more sense based on ability and skillset; but it would be ever-so-slightly premature of me to think I know Ange's system and it's needs better than he does.......)

He's in there due to no choice in the matter.

Not true (see above).

Last edited:
I wouldn't want nor expect Ange to be content.

I do however expect (and indeed believe) he'll work with the player a bit more than the "he was shit last year" crew would deem appropriate though.

Remember there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't have identified Son as a more preferable option to try and mold him to his system instead(*)..... He's more than aware of Sonny's past exploits; he's already said as much.

(*I actually think it makes more sense based on ability and skillset; but it would be ever-so-slightly premature of me to think I know Ange's system and it's needs better than he does.......)

No true (see above).

Sure. Expect it to be a waste of time though.

There is, Son isn't a striker and is ageing. Richy is a 60m CF signing and Ange is (understandably) trying to get something out of him. Son can play LW effectively whereas Richarlison is useless anywhere but up-top.

Sounds very cool

I recently got a life sized tattoo of Levy on my neck

You related to this fellow?

peter-dinklage-avengers.jpg

Sure. Expect it to be a waste of time though.

There is, Son isn't a striker and is ageing. Richy is a 60m CF signing and Ange is (understandably) trying to get something out of him. Son can play LW effectively whereas Richarlison is useless anywhere but up-top.

Meh.... There's so much energy being put into being up front in the queue to declare him no use.

There's nothing to be gained from being the first to call the proverbial 'it'...........

Soldado could fucking trap a ball.

People are SO DESPERATE to defend Richarlison's individual performances that they take to using our PPG as a barometer, its the definition of clutching at straws.

Having just looked at the replies to that tweet it's even more inundated by people desperate to being proven right about how shit they think he is.

Anyone would think there were legions of fans waving banners around and telling people how amazing Rich is.

There isn't.

idiots! fancy using actual results, thats pure desperation.

Yeah if you can't tell me what he's offering to cause these results beyond "hurr durr pressing" (you could take any b2b mid for 5m and tell him to press from the front) then its a nothing bit of trivia. Correlation doesn't always = causation is one of the first things you learn when studying any form of statistical analysis.

He hasn't created the goals we've scored. He hasn't scored. He loses the ball.

Meh.... There's so much energy being put into being up front in the queue to declare him no use.

There's nothing to be gained from being the first to call the proverbial 'it'...........

Having just looked at the replies to that tweet it's even more inundated by people desperate to being proven right about how shit they think he is.

Anyone would think there were legions of fans waving banners around and telling people how amazing Rich is.

There isn't.

*Shrugs* I'm right and it'll be accepted in the mainstream within a couple of months at most.

Yeah if you can't tell me what he's offering to cause these results beyond "hurr durr pressing" (you could take any b2b mid for 5m and tell him to press from the front) then its a nothing bit of trivia. Correlation doesn't always = causation is one of the first things you learn when studying any form of statistical analysis.

He hasn't created the goals we've scored. He hasn't scored. He loses the ball.
no youre right, hes shit doesnt offer anything! go and watch minute 60:45 of the united game and tell me whats wrong with it.

no youre right, hes shit doesnt offer anything! go and watch minute 60:45 of the united game and tell me whats wrong with it.

Doesn’t score goals and has 0.04xA, so doesn’t bring teammates in to the game or create for them either.

What’s wrong? The whole doing nothing offensively bit, mate.

Doesn’t score goals and has 0.04xA, so doesn’t bring teammates in to the game or create for them either.

What’s wrong? The whole doing nothing offensively bit, mate.
he doesnt score goals cos he doesnt get any service! go and watch the minute i said and youll see a clear example of this. that should have been a richarlison goal, but yet again he gets ignored by someone with their fucking head down.

i actually think its the exact moment richarlison is moaning about when he comes off.

Last edited:
Zero point analysing the bloke. He will give his all, as that is his way, and certainly whilst he backed by manager and fans in their necessary way.

He will also score a few goals and actually came into the game against United somewhat, hence his evident at being taken off.

But he is not enough. Period.

And any notion we will be okay with just him is beyond optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom