Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I loved this moment - this was the one I was talking about in my post above

View: https://x.com/footym23/status/1693275970617450826?s=46&t=IomICbZIqZC4FsH907qgfw

It looks simple, but it’s the sort of thing that Hoiberg just isn’t capable of. He wouldn’t even look will be aware that he can do that. He would just bump the ball back straight from where it’s come from because he be worried about the possible pressure.

Great play

but he's like a lot of players in that they keep hold of the ball too long

ok draw the foul when we're under cosh but when we're on a fast break, pass it on before they foul you.

JM was calling for the ball well before the foul, a slipped pass before the foul and you've probably got a really good shot/chance in a few seconds

Might be wrong but I always remember Modric as beating a player and then delivering a killer pass

Biss still v young, this guy has a really high ceiling

I noticed first half when we had goal kicks udogie tucked right inside - it meant VDV didn't really have an out ball when the keeper passed to him, apart from Son who was miles away and had a player up his arse.

We were trying to work this out, only thing we could come up with is maybe Ange wants them passing the ball forward a lot more directly and quickly.

Didn't notice it as much second half but we were down the other end and the booze was taking hold.

Did they mention this on telly?

I noticed first half when we had goal kicks udogie tucked right inside - it meant VDV didn't really have an out ball when the keeper passed to him, apart from Son who was miles away and had a player up his arse.

We were trying to work this out, only thing we could come up with is maybe Ange wants them passing the ball forward a lot more directly and quickly.

Didn't notice it as much second half but we were down the other end and the booze was taking hold.

He’s asking our centre backs to hit our wide forwards early and trust them to keep it then bring our inverted full backs into the game. If we get them on it from this situation there is a massive overload on the other side. Say it happens on deki’s side. He lays it into Porro for him to play quickly to Udogie on the other side. At that point if it’s done quick enough you have a 2 v 1 with madders and sonny on the opposite side. It totally opens the game up but it’s all down to deki and sonny to be trusted to keep the ball under pressure.
Celtic were phenomenal at it. What Kyogo would do is float about between two centre backs uninterested in the build up and when it got to the 2v1 situation he’d come alive looking for the early cross into the area between tbe keeper and the defence. We still aren’t getting into those areas yet but it will come and that’s why I think we need a clinical finisher to put those chances away when the come.

No idea. It was my birthday and I was banned from going as were my sons. So we had a family BBQ and were all pissed by the time we were allowed to watch the recording.

Did we win?

Fantastic match yesterday. I thought the first half was abit hit and miss but the second was outstanding. Atmosphere was top notch.

Standout performances were Sarr and Bissouma again! Seriously good player.

Good performance by Porro too, considering he has some dodgy moments at RB.

That is my last home game until next year as heading off to Australia in September. Based on yesterday going to miss it but will look forward to going again later in the season with us hopefully near the higher part of the league. COYS!
I fancy a trip to Oz, but would have to go for at least five weeks to make it worthwhile and in their summer time, so that counts me out!
Enjoy
Love You Hug GIF by TikTok

No idea. It was my birthday and I was banned from going as were my sons. So we had a family BBQ and were all pissed by the time we were allowed to watch the recording.

Did we win?
WHAT???????
You're supposed to do what you want on your birthday, surely your best present would always be three points.
Happy belated returns for Saturday

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF by The Office

WHAT???????
You're supposed to do what you want on your birthday, surely your best present would always be three points.
Happy belated returns for Saturday

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF by The Office
Cheers! Apparently that was what I wanted to do on my birthday.

I couldn’t have gone anyway because my car was nicked off my driveway three weeks ago. Turns out keyless entry/start isn’t such a good idea after all.

Great play

ok draw the foul when we're under cosh but when we're on a fast break, pass it on before they foul you.

JM was calling for the ball well before the foul, a slipped pass before the foul and you've probably got a really good shot/chance in a few seconds

Might be wrong but I always remember Modric as beating a player and then delivering a killer pass

yea madders was in acres of space before he got taken out. new players though so im sure in time biss will be playing that pass.

when he does brush up on his end product etc hes going to be a joke. hell be at the same table with rodri if he can get that right. elite CM

Great play

Yeah, fair to say Bissouma isn’t Modric. But it’s bloody refreshing to have a midfielder that doesn’t treat the ball like a hot potato.

If you can't see this player has been a problem the whole game AND that the shiny object you'd like to point was only because they game him the whole of the wing to finally get to the line and clang an aimless clip to no one but fortunately Sarr's athleticism got him on to it. Byt that doesn't absolve him of the previous 48 minutes of shit nor the ones after.

Happy? I noticed your provocation and acknowledged you. But this player is shit...but thatwon't stop him from having 1 or 2 things go right once in a while.
Is it because you're a massive cock that you support Spurs?

Cheers! Apparently that was what I wanted to do on my birthday.

I couldn’t have gone anyway because my car was nicked off my driveway three weeks ago. Turns out keyless entry/start isn’t such a good idea after all.
1. Happy Birthday.

2. Do you know what method they used to steal your car? Do you mind saying what make & model it is? Obviously completely understand if you don't want to say.

yea madders was in acres of space before he got taken out. new players though so im sure in time biss will be playing that pass.

when he does brush up on his end product etc hes going to be a joke. hell be at the same table with rodri if he can get that right. elite CM
Great play

There's good reason to hang on to it here. Anthony is trying to covershadow Udogie. Casemiro isn't tight on Maddison initially but he's close enough to switch onto him if Bissouma passes early.

Bissouma waits to force Casemiro to commit to him, if he then got the pass away then Maddison would have even more space. But he got fouled just before which is bad luck/not his fault.

Of course Bissouma could have played it early and it's likely Maddison would beat Casemiro anyway, but with his momentum and skill he had an opportunity to take a player or 2 (anthony/casemiro) out of the game and increase the % of a good attack which is essentially the main aim.

Back
Top Bottom