Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now check how many of those are pens.

18 of his 121 goals throughout his career have been penalties. That's 1 of roughly every 6.

For comparison, 68 of Kane's 366 goals have been penalties. That's roughly 1 of every 5.

Someone's got to take them. Again, I've not seen David play exclusively. Like I have never seen Orban.

18 of his 121 goals throughout his career have been penalties. That's 1 of roughly every 6.

For comparison, 68 of Kane's 366 goals have been penalties. That's roughly 1 of every 5.

Someone's got to take them. Again, I've not seen David play exclusively. Like I have never seen Orban.
I thought we were talking about his goals for Lille, why are you suddenly pulling out career goals stats? He scored 10 penalty goals in the league last season, so 14 non-penalty goals, in Ligue 1.

Do you know how many non-penalty goals he had a season before that? 13. Not quite a massive improvement is it.

I thought we were talking about his goals for Lille, why are you suddenly pulling out career goals stats? He scored 10 penalty goals in the league last season, so 14 non-penalty goals, in Ligue 1.

Do you know how many non-penalty goals he had a season before that? 13. Not quite a massive improvement is it.

It's infinitely more impressive than scoring goals in the Belgian league though.

I think most people were working on the assumption when we signed Richarlison that we were signing a squad player to back up Kane and Son for injuries or fixture congestion.
I knew he was the long term Kane replacement and tried to warn people at the time.

The issue is he just isn't very good. 10-15 goals max a season and a bit of a petulant twat to boot.

I'd rather play Son through the middle tbh

£60m on a squad player ?

If you thought that ........ I've no idea what's in your head, but its not reality.

Given the system we have I think we keep Sanchez for this final season, Tanganga and Dier can move on. Long as we have 4 defenders who can play in a high line we should be ok so that is one additional CB needed.

As for the rest we need a striker and a versatile attacker. Successful window from here is 3 more players.

I cant face any more of Sanchez. The other two arent any good either but sanchez has had more lives than a cat. If we got a bid of £10 million for him I'd let him go. In fact if it was half of that I'd still consider it.

Whilst I am always up for taking the piss out of Chelsea, perhaps we should be saving these kind of posts until we actually win something?

We have achieved nothing yet to be gloating about how cheap Bissouma and Sarr were.
Can you list the trophies Chelsea have won with Caicedo and Fernandez? Anyway, the post wasn't comparing trophies, it was comparing players and their relative costs.

(Admittedly, Fernandez did make an assist against West Ham last February, so it's not all bad for the racist scum)

David isn’t it

Unless it's Mr Hasselhoff, in which he case he definitely is it

David Hasselhoff Hello GIF

This is Ange forcing him out I think. Not picking him in the squad sends a message. If he stays he's not going to play at all.
he knows when he goes hell only be on the bench for his new team. hed probably rather just be shut out at spurs than on the bench for fulham. probably sees it as less embarrassing .

loving how ange has dealt with him. completely shut him out and its worked wonders!

Come on mate. Don’t be our Maguire.

Have some self respect and look for a move wher you can play some football. Leave on good terms. Good bloke, not good enough footballer for us,

Poor show from Eric if true.... He's been treated VERY well by the club since he arrived.

18 month spell of injury/poor health between 2018-20... Comes back and a few months later he gets a new deal and a pay-rise and has since been given a multitude of chances to work through what has been 2/3 years of very erratic form.

It can only be a money decision as he's not gonna attract better than Fulham/Palace etc. if he spends the next 12 months playing table tennis at the training ground.

Last edited:
Poor show from Eric if true.... He's been treated VERY well by the club since he arrived.

18 month spell of injury/poor health between 2018-20... Comes back and a few months later he gets a new deal and a pay-rise and been given a multitude of chances to work through what has been 2/3 years of very erratic form ever since.

It can only be a money decision as he's not gonna attract better than Fulham/Palace etc. if he spends the next 12 months playing table tennis at the training ground.
It’s clear from watching him play that he takes little responsibility and deflects blame to others.

We all know people like that. Wouldn’t be surprised if he blames spurs for the shit player he is now.

I don't think I've seen him beat a man for pace in like a year now. Richy is not a plodder, he's been a PL quality winger for years.
Did you not see him on Saturday? Richy a quality winger for years? Define winger please. He’s a barger who plods about with very little guile. He sometimes produces but it’s nowhere near enough mate. We can’t just keep playing him and giving him chances. We need another option now. I’d honestly love it if he started scoring consistently. If there was signs that he will then that might be different but since he’s been here he’s not looked like scoring much.
The longer it goes it’s soldado and Jannsen all over again.
Fuck it I’ll bet on him to score 2 on Saturday now 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom