Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best football I have seen at Spurs since peak Poch, absolutely fucking buzzing after that result.

A couple of signings before the end of the window and you never know what is possible this season, the confidence around the team and the belief in the manager is obvious to see.

I have been won over with the managers attitude and style of play already. Glad to have my Spurs back! COYS!

4.30am here. Woke up to the second half. Great start by the lads at home.

Ange got any fans yet?

Thank God it's a Sunday!

There were a lot of great performances, but I think the thing this underscores is how players and teams can look completely different when you build a system and philosophy based on positivity. And I don't even mean all out negative football. Being pragmatic and holding onto your lead is not illogical in and of itself, but it leads to nervousness which is how so many points were throw away last season. The mentality of always going, always trying to get up field and create changes everything. Ange is moving in the right direction, and maybe those 'pragmatic' pundits will have shut up!

If we could get Orban, and Jonathan David plus a decent CB... There ain't gonna be anyone who can keep a clean sheet against us... We don't need a midfielder.. Maddison, Bissouma, SARR, Bentacur, Lo Celso.. Even Skipp.... We get decent forward and defender there ain't many teams will live with us at the moment. Ange has got everyone at club behind him and excited. We will have a great season.

Even the wins feel better when we take part in actually playing. The last 4 years have been hell but this feels so much fucking better...cherry on top was that it was United...

...all you folks that wanted ETH here should be having a word with yourselves. He and they are rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom