Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some thoughts from first half:

- Bissouma is class. First midfielder we've had since Dembele that can receive the ball in tight midfield spaces and get us further up the pitch.

- Udogie and Maddison have already shown in 45 mins that they will improve this team greatly

- The way the wingers have to play under Angeball, Solomon might be more suited to the system than Kulu or even Son

- Get that CB and attacker signed ASAP. Once the team get used to to the system, we will be very effective but the squad needs improving with quality, not quantity

- 2-2 away at Brentford and I've seen enough in this half to see what Ange is building so stop panicking you melts. He's undoing the dinosaur football from the Conte/Mourinho era whilst working with a tight budget and already showing he can do the job. Give the team time.

- Vdv is having a decent debut in a difficult away game with minimal training with the team. Goal was unlucky, it was an instinctive situation where defenders are forced to react quickly. A cleaner touch and he clears it. A slower reaction and he misses it and Vicario collects.

Royal definitely a contender for Spurs MOTM so far.

Playing 10 men plus Richy just doesn't work. I've always like the "Where's Wally" books. It isn't quite the same watching "Where's Richy".
Really? Good goal and all but Henry has him on toast so far...you know, his primary job of defending our goal.

Transitions will kill us this season, the good thing is not many teams are setup to be deliberately transitional like Brentford, couldn't be a more difficult game for us in terms of play styles.

Not sure what to make of that.

We were average, to be honest. Son and Richie don’t appear to know what they’re doing. Kulu is just drifting inside in a straight line.

Biss has looked comfortable. Likewise Maddison. VdV has done ok.

I’d like to see Solomon on and Son switched inside. Richie off. He’s been shit.

Maddison, Bissouma, Udogie and our front foot, pass the ball forward, play are the positives.

Sonny & Kulu are wasted in this formation, as neither is prepared to take on his man on the outside. Kulu in particular destroyed our build up every time he received the ball.

As others have said, the ref can't wait to brandish a red card at one of ours.

Good watch compared to last yrs dross. Need more from front three. Biss looking more like the player we expected from Brighton, Skipp needs to do more. The high line without Romero in there is a worry, again we need another CH

Need more impetus from the right I think, Emerson can’t cross and Kulusevski cuts in on his left and passes it back every single time. Solomon would be a good sub I think

Are we not entertained??

Are wingers in an Ange system supposed to do fuck all? Seem to be nailing it if so.

Garbage refereeing.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom