Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was discussing this point yesterday. We don't have a natural skipper in the team. We need one as much as we need anything else.

Agree 100%.

Not sure we have really had one for years. Part of the issue of failed attempts at glory.

They are not easy to find but would akways be part of my catalogue of reasons why I would want a player in my squad of players.

Look.at the Newcasle loss last season. Nobody but nobody stood up. Nobody took control.

That has not been addressed and it's problematic.

Agree 100%.

Not sure we have really had one for years. Part of the issue of failed attempts at glory.

They are not easy to find but would akways be part of my catalogue of reasons why I would want a player in my squad of players.

Look.at the Newcasle loss last season. Nobody but nobody stood up. Nobody took control.

That has not been addressed and it's problematic.
Exactly. We need a sergeant major type.
They are not always the best players, but someone who is committed.

How pathetic.

It's called opinions, people are entitled to them

The 'extreme' positivity of some on here is quite troubling and unwarranted. It almost feels like a copin mechanism.

Unless Ange performs miracles, we're doing fuck all under Levy and ENIC. All the smiles and sunshine will mean nowt.

It's entirely possible to be critical AND remain a true fan of the club.

I am not going to agree re: more of the Levy/ENIC bashing. It's so boring.

On your point about being able to be critical abd still a fan - 100%, but the owners don't play on the pitch.

I maintain we have had chances in the last 7/8 years and at critical moments fell short

The perennial Jimmy White's of the PL, but without his universal appeal.

I would concede to being more worried than hopeful right now. 2 or 3 signings before tge window closes might shift my sentiment. Maybe.

I am not going to agree re: more of the Levy/ENIC bashing. It's so boring.

On your point about being able to be critical abd still a fan - 100%, but the owners don't play on the pitch.

I maintain we have had chances in the last 7/8 years and at critical moments fell short

The perennial Jimmy White's of the PL, but without his universal appeal.

I would concede to being more worried than hopeful right now. 2 or 3 signings before tge window closes might shift my sentiment. Maybe.
Boring? Boo fucking hoo, it's the truth.

Their model is outdated and is causing us to fall behind the rest, how can you and others not see this?

Until they go, we are doing jack shit. Seems a lot on here are okay with that as ong as we play some pretty football.

All Spurs parents should do their kids a favour and allow them to pick their own bloody team to support. Anything else is child abuse!

Last edited:
Finally, the first real PL test (apologies to West Ham) of Angeball.

Win or lose, if we see the same number of shots on goal, the same deliberate building from the back, the same accuracy in passing as we saw in the preseason games, that will be enough for me. For Ange’s sake, I hope management and the fanbase feel the same, and don’t set him unrealistic standards of success.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

I worry about our defence today unless he gives VDV a start then I can have some confidence with VDV and Romero at the back. Some pace in VDV to contain Mbuemo. But, i am excited about seeing Maddison, Possibly Udoggie and obviously the Ange system.

It's entirely possible to be critical AND remain a true fan of the club.
I dislike the phrase 'glass half full' because it means everything is rosy, I prefer 'glass half empty' that way the negative issues are brought to the surface and can be addressed.

ie we need another good CB, and a forward, it's no good in my view to say 'be positive about our players' when some of them aren't good enough to maintain a top 4 position in the PL, or to win a trophy.

If anyone thinks our players from last season were good enough, or in general since the good days of Poch, then why would we bother getting any new transfers?

With this new system with a high defensive line, Davies and Dier are too slow, regardless of their defending abilites. Udogie and Porro are a worry defensively afaik they were both wingbacks, which is more of a midfield position with three CBs mopping up the flanks.

I like the positive front foot football that Ange wants the team to play, but let's not kid ourselves, the defence is a worry,

At the end of last season I had to force myself to watch our games. This summer's Kane saga, coupled with the shit state of the game in general, made me want to pull the plug on football. Now it's a new dawn at the club and game day..... I'm buzzing for the game to begin.
COYS

Back
Top Bottom