Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Before moving in to the ENIC MS & EC, we were miles ahead of them!

Now we seem to be on a level playing field

So is this what they meant by 'Game Changer' :harrylol:
I must admit, being able to witness you evolve from "ENIC will never invest in a stadium #notonebrick" to "ENIC only built the stadium for Beyonce concerts #entertainmentcompany" has been....entertaining.

They finished one place above us last season only - it could just as easily be a one-off. Did City and co think that they needed to make lots of signings to 'catch up' with Leicester when they had their fluke season? Of course not, they were more wary of the other big dogs, they knew Leicester just had a lucky season, and they were proved right the next season. Villa are taking some gambles to see if they can push on, which of course may be commendable, but to say that we need to 'catch up to them' is taking an extremely specific view of a single aspect of the data available to us.
I hope the club don’t see it the way you do.

If they are serious about going past Villa and really being a big club they will be honest about Villa overtaking them and seriously looking at the way they allowed them to do it.

Our target should be winning the biggest competitions, not wondering if we are really better than Villa even if they finished above us.

I hope the club don’t see it the way you do.

If they are serious about going past Villa and really being a big club they will be honest about Villa overtaking them and seriously looking at the way they allowed them to do it.

Our target should be winning the biggest competitions, not wondering if we are really better than Villa even if they finished above us.
I don't think you're necessarily wrong, but you're overreacting. The idea that 1 season in donkies means Villa have "passed us up" is a little ridiculous.

How many times have we finished ahead of the blue scum in the past decade? Think they fret over "being passed up" by us? Not really, because we didn't win shit despite finishing ahead of them, and their focus since Abromovich started doping them has been winning stuff not beating us. Catching up to City is the (practically improbable) goal. If we're worried about being passed up by anyone, it's Newcastle with their Saudi money coming online.

This is hyperbolic nonsense.
They’ve finished above us one season — by a point.
Fulham finished eight points above Chelsea last year.
Does this mean that Fulham have overtaken them?
Yes

The only reason it doesn’t seem that way to you is the inferiority complex you have for Chelsea.

They were a nothing club and if they aren’t honest about what they got wrong, they will be again. But if you look at their aggression in this transfer window, they probably have.

The question is, have levy and the board changed their ways?

Ange seems happy so far but also said it needs to continue… starting to look very much like they are going to let it slide on CB targets

I don't think you're necessarily wrong, but you're overreacting. The idea that 1 season in donkies means Villa have "passed us up" is a little ridiculous.

How many times have we finished ahead of the blue scum in the past decade? Think they fret over "being passed up" by us? Not really, because we didn't win shit despite finishing ahead of them, and their focus since Abromovich started doping them has been winning stuff not beating us. Catching up to City is the (practically improbable) goal. If we're worried about being passed up by anyone, it's Newcastle with their Saudi money coming online.
I agree

Back
Top Bottom