Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
They do just enough to protect their assets, after that success and anything else is not high on the agenda.

Have asked someone to explain how this works in the real world and they conveniently didn't respond so maybe you could explain how this is done.

How do the owners of a football club thread the needle like this?

Complaining on a message board....

Starship Troopers GIF

Complaining about complaining

200.gif

Sounds like you're the one going hard mate. Let's wait and see if they're actually any good next season. Assumptions that they're miles ahead of us seem a little premature to me...
Before moving in to the ENIC MS & EC, we were miles ahead of them!

Now we seem to be on a level playing field

So is this what they meant by 'Game Changer' :harrylol:

Can you imagine the shit on here if we were linked with Jeremy Doku from 'Ligue 1 big hitters Rennes'. I remember his name from the WC but not much beyond that. I'm more impressed with Solomon who at least has proven his ability in the PL.
Doku is definitely talented, he's very fragile though.

I said Miles ahead?

I said we need to catch up to them.

They finished above us. It’s an objective fact
They finished one place above us last season only - it could just as easily be a one-off. Did City and co think that they needed to make lots of signings to 'catch up' with Leicester when they had their fluke season? Of course not, they were more wary of the other big dogs, they knew Leicester just had a lucky season, and they were proved right the next season. Villa are taking some gambles to see if they can push on, which of course may be commendable, but to say that we need to 'catch up to them' is taking an extremely specific view of a single aspect of the data available to us.

Doku is definitely talented, he's very fragile though.
No idea about his talent apart from the little I saw at the WC. Buying talent is great and also what we need to do going forward.

The point I was trying to make is that we are getting worked up because another club is linked to a player who I think we would be seriously unimpressed/underwhelmed with if that same player was linked to Spurs.

They finish just above us once in god knows how many seasons and suddenly they're 'on a level playing field' with us?

Your refusal to accept anything that we achieve or have achieved is very strange for someone who claims to be a fan. You sounded almost gleeful a couple of pages ago when disingenuously spinning some quotes to suggest that 'the wheels are already coming off' with Ange. Are you sure you actually like this club? (Or at least, are you sure you actually like this club more than you hate ENIC / Levy)?

So you must think that Palace and Fulham have leveled the playing field with Chelsea then

Oh and surely then you will concede that we have leveled the playing field countless times under ENICs tenure with Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and Woolwich each time we finished above them.

So you must think that Palace and Fulham have leveled the playing field with Chelsea then

Oh and surely then you will concede that we have leveled the playing field countless times under ENICs tenure with Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and Woolwich each time we finished above them.
I see we’ve drifted, yet again, into a topic that doesn’t even tangentially touch on the current transfer window. This belongs in its entirety in another thread.
Can you take this subject where it belongs where you will ‘argue’ with people who make an argument that we were better off under Sugar? You’re never going to get a good faith answer.
Starting to foul vote those posters who are using this thread as an extension of the other as a primary contribution.

I see we’ve drifted, yet again, into a topic that doesn’t even tangentially touch on the current transfer window. This belongs in its entirety in another thread.
Can you take this subject where it belongs where you will ‘argue’ with people who make an argument that we were better off under Sugar? You’re never going to get a good faith answer.
Starting to foul vote those posters who are using this thread as an extension of the other as a primary contribution.

Fair.

The Office Uk GIF by Filmin

Back
Top Bottom