Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes!!! Although based on not too many games TBH (5-10 at most). One of the best performances I had seen from him was against Woolwich's first game of the season last year. Woolwich blew them off the pitch for the first 10/15mins, then Palace slowly took hold of the game and were by a margin better than them, they controlled the game, and much of that control came via Andersen who was like a combined Toby/Verts hybrid (pinging the ball about from the back like Toby - he also plays some tremendous vertical balls to the feet of their AM's too, bringing the ball out from the back like Verts. If I recall correctly he was immaculate doing the defensive stuff too) - He was the best player on the park that day, but Woolich got an undeserved win so of course that means people have to give MoTM awards to the winning side for some bizarre reason. From memory, I think he was really decent in the return fixture at the Emirates???

Good player.

He had a banger at Anfield too IIRC...........

Dunno how consistent he is though... He might just be one of those guys that seems to up their game for the big teams (a bit like PEH).

What got us on this downhill was horrible recruitment, whether cheap (Clarke), medium (Moura), or expensive (Ndombele).
Do wish folks would not use Clarke as an example of poor recruitment.

He is one of very, very few who are worth more now than we paid.

Would love to resign him personally.

Could you tell me how much Walker and Romero earn and what source you have this information from?

HAHAHA.... You complete and utter shithouse!

You of all people asking for proof & sources of anything is a total fucking joke!!!!

The whole talk of Walker is born of you making completely baseless, bullshit claims about our player fees and wages to begin with.

Brilliant point mate. After telling me that Kyle Walker earns more than anyone in our squad, and finding out you're most likely wrong you respond with that.

You win!

it's mindblowing that such stupid people actually consider themselves smart isn't it.

it's mindblowing that such stupid people actually consider themselves smart isn't it.

I dont get it posters are on the internet clearly.

I looked up what he said prepared to see the Walker was earning 300k or something.

Id love to have a rational good faith convo with someone who had a problem with how much we spend, what we spend it on and why we have had to spend in it the way we do without every response being 'cos Levy's tight'.

Brilliant point mate. After telling me that Kyle Walker earns more than anyone in our squad, and finding out you're most likely wrong you respond with that.

You win!
I quite agree.

According to the apples-to-apples comprehensive figures compiled by Deloitte, over the past five seasons among the 20 richest clubs in Europe, so 100 team-seasons, only four times did a club spend less than half their turnover on wages.

All four were Tottenham.

"Dembele, Verts, Toby, Eriksen, and Wanyama"

These were the players I asserted earned less than Kyle Walker has at Manchester City while winning stuff.

You brought Romero into the frame later on.

I respect your enthusiasm for the regime.

But please don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Last edited:
It's still money out, FFS.

It’s money out but can be stretched across a five year term…. Rather than wages which are in year operational cost.
Cash flow is not an issue, we have guaranteed revenue (mostly), so just pay the losers off and
Sure, I looked up on Google Kyle Walker wages

That’s a basic wage - what happens when you factor in bonuses? Walker will have earned loads there

I do think Woolwich definitely bottled the league last season BUT it's also true to say they are really backing their manager this summer and going for signings that improve their first team and squad.

Rice, Havertz and Timber are good signings and I suspect they'll bring in more, once they've managed to shift out a few of course.

We've made a decent start to our window but need at least one CB and the Harry Kane situation is yet to be resolved. We also need to move out quite a few players, so far nobody is biting but is that due to our owners wanting too much or they're just shit?

Probably a bit of both.

:ange-lips:
Rice is good signing, Timber decent, but Havertz??!........if we signed him for 65m, you and a few others would be screaming blue murder.....and rightly fuckin so!!

Back
Top Bottom