Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t think so this season either.

If Levy stays involved, the trajectory is headed that way.

There is no debate that he has the football club on a downward trajectory and it looks like all his old habits are back again this summer.
Everton have flirted with relegation for two seasons now. They're broke and have horrible recruitment. You're just saying utter nonsense.

The whole Everton take is wyld-as-fuck considering the fool-hardy hysterics that ensued when Moshiri arrived and started playing the big man....... Man completely wrecked an EPL stalwart and they still can't get rid of him.
Didn’t a bunch of their board quit? From fan pressure.

Interestingly a lot of their problems came from being overly involved with one agency

He provided the funds for the purchase of these players, that others had identified for him, and underpaid most of them while they played for the club and achieved successive Champions League qualifications.

I understand the ENiC / Levy model.

So in that vein you must absolve him of every poor transfer he has made too? All he did provide the funds for the purchase of the players after all.

Can you show me some figures for our underpaid players? Underpaid by how much? What were their CL qualification bonuses? Win bonuses?

I'm sorry, but this post needs pulling up for the patronising nonsense that it is.

We are not the other 80+ teams, are we. We aren't Wycombe or Wigan.
We are Tottenham Hotspur for fuck sake. One of the traditional power houses of the post war English Game. So let's not start distorting the facts with these twisted, insulting comparisons.

One of the Wealthiest clubs on the planet
One of the best supported clubs in the country
First club to achieve the double since ww2.
First English club to lift a major European trophy.
A trophy in every single decade. . before ENIC.
Record FA Cup winners . .before ENIC

NOT just one of the 80+ other teams

However you try and dress it up 1 trophy in 23 years is an utter fucking disgrace and a stain on our proud club..

All we have seen is a failure to back every manager they appointed, a failure to invest at the opportune time, and a failure to push the team forward when the chance was there for the taking.

For a supposed Spurs fan, you seem to endlessly insult the history of our club.
You revel in belittling our past achievements.....As some kind of warped logic to justify our current failings.

You're a sham, mate. Learn to show some respect to the history of our great Club

Tottenham_Hotspur_FC_flag.gif
Spare us the patriotic, draping-in-the-flag bullshit to push your agenda.

Everton have flirted with relegation for two seasons now. They're broke and have horrible recruitment. You're just saying utter nonsense.
They have hit rock bottom, that’s for sure.

Dyche was the first smart thing they have done in years.

If Levy wasn’t dithering and penny pinching over CBs (AGAIN) maybe this rebuild would have more credit but he is and so many of the same habits that got us on this downhill are starting to look very familiar again

So in that vein you must absolve him of every poor transfer he has made too? All he did provide the funds for the purchase of the players after all.

Can you show me some figures for our underpaid players? Underpaid by how much? What were their CL qualification bonuses? Win bonuses?
Sadly I do not have that information.

What I do know is that Kyle Walker probably earns more than all of them, (probably put together on Fagin's wages), and has several winners medals to back up his choice to leave ENIC F.C.

Harry Kane is clearly coming to the same conclusion.

You're settling in nicely Dudu.

How are your chums in the ENIC SPG?

They will be along shortly to leave some kisses at the bottom. 💋

They love kissing the bottom.

Last edited:
They have hit rock bottom, that’s for sure.

Dyche was the first smart thing they have done in years.

If Levy wasn’t dithering and penny pinching over CBs (AGAIN) maybe this rebuild would have more credit but he is and so many of the same habits that got us on this downhill are starting to look very familiar again
What got us on this downhill was horrible recruitment, whether cheap (Clarke), medium (Moura), or expensive (Ndombele).

Didn’t a bunch of their board quit? From fan pressure.

Moshiri is still there.... As is Kenwright.

....And they're the 2 main villains in the fan's eyes.

Interestingly a lot of their problems came from being overly involved with one agency

That's an extremely simplistic take and doesn't come close to accounting for them burning through managers and money at the rate that they did. Their entire existence and new stadium project is in the balance.

Sean Dyche(*) and his keen eye for a bottom half, brexit-ball player won't magically undo all that damage any time soon.

(*I like Dyche, FWIW)

.....Yet despite all this; every year as it was all slowly playing out, the resident melts were here crying about Everton over-taking us.

I don’t think so this season either.

If Levy stays involved, the trajectory is headed that way.

There is no debate that he has the football club on a downward trajectory and it looks like all his old habits are back again this summer.

Unless you can be objective, such a post is just biased opinion, based purely on end od season position. Hardly scientific or based in facr.

Did you write similar wheb we finished 4th and then went on to buy Richarlison, Bissouma and Perisic?

If you can point me to such somments, I'll happily concede my error.

Sadly I do not have that information.

What I do know is that Kyle Walker earns more than all of them, (probably put together on Fagin's wages), and has several winners medals to back up his choice to leave ENIC F.C.

Harry Kane is clearly coming to the same conclusion.

You're settling in nicely Dudu.

How are your chums in the ENIC SPG?

Lol, Walker earns less the Romero FFS.

It's easy to settle in here. Lots of very similar posters to over on SC who use hyperbole and never engage in a discussion about their inflated arguments in good faith

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 you rate this lad, don't you?

Yes!!! Although based on not too many games TBH (5-10 at most). One of the best performances I had seen from him was against Woolwich's first game of the season last year. Woolwich blew them off the pitch for the first 10/15mins, then Palace slowly took hold of the game and were by a margin better than them, they controlled the game, and much of that control came via Andersen who was like a combined Toby/Verts hybrid (pinging the ball about from the back like Toby - he also plays some tremendous vertical balls to the feet of their AM's too, bringing the ball out from the back like Verts. If I recall correctly he was immaculate doing the defensive stuff too) - He was the best player on the park that day, but Woolich got an undeserved win so of course that means people have to give MoTM awards to the winning side for some bizarre reason. From memory, I think he was really decent in the return fixture at the Emirates???

Good player.

It's easy to settle in here. Lots of very similar posters to over on SC who use hyperbole and never engage in a discussion about their inflated arguments in good faith
Could you tell me how much Walker and Romero earn and what source you have this information from?

Blokes a waste of time; has the debating skills of your average flat-earther.... You'd have more luck debating Q-anon with a Russian twitterbot

The Dark Side are spending money like confetti and Levy is back to his basics waiting to the very last minute. No wonder we lose out on players, the sooner this ENIC crowd goes the better. Cracks me up seeing the way Woolwich are operating. Get the finger out Levy we need centre backs.
COYS

The Dark Side are spending money like confetti and Levy is back to his basics waiting to the very last minute. No wonder we lose out on players, the sooner this ENIC crowd goes the better. Cracks me up seeing the way Woolwich are operating. Get the finger out Levy we need centre backs.
COYS
Woolwich are behaving like a proper football club.

Spurs are a fucking sky walking, go cart circus.

Back
Top Bottom