Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Levy admitted in the documentary that he hired Poch because he liked how he dealt with the press and his personality.
I seem to remember Poch pretending to not know very much English when he first arrived.

His English seemed to improve around the time of the results improving.

Levy was probably telling the truth for once; in this instance.

Levy himself has avoided talking to the press until it is either beneficial for him to do so or absolutely necessary.

The Naglesmann Rangnick solution is basically what I would do as an owner if I was a billionaire in Joe’s position.

Accept I know next to them fuck all about football and let them fix the club properly. Guys like Levy or Boehy have egos, even though this solution would be superior they would never accept being told to live in their office and be bean counters. They want to run or at least influence the football. That is a problem.

I'd say it is THE problem and everyone is happily distracted by who the next coach is. That coach will be the next one to blame when the structure and culture at the club means they can't succeed.

I have a friend following Bayern closely. And his opinion when reading between the lines was that Nagelsmann was fired despite his results, because he didn't click with the players and the clubs management, he isn't a likeable person. And I don't think a character like that would make a success in Tottenham.

He never had that levelled at him at hoffenheim or Leipzig though. Culture is massively different at Bayern isn’t it. Maybe his attitude was borne out of that?

I have a friend following Bayern closely. And his opinion when reading between the lines was that Nagelsmann was fired despite his results, because he didn't click with the players and the clubs management, he isn't a likeable person. And I don't think a character like that would make a success in Tottenham.

Next year or two with Tuchel will be interesting then

Here we go again.

Another short term big name appointment incoming primed to fall out with the board. Cannot wait.

I can’t stand these cunts.

No it isn’t ‘JUST IN’, we’ve known this for a while that according to Romano, Enrique would like to come here.

Ange hasn’t been anywhere long term either

At least not a club

I don't think Ange would be long term here either.

2 or 3 years max but with the idea of changing the clubs culture and put the identity more in line with what Spurs as a club should be.

I like Luis Enrique and his Barcelona team were fantastic but I just feel a massive sense of Conte with the potential appointment. Big name, CL manager that makes us pretend.

I'd have taken Nagelsmann, Slot and Ange over him. Personally.

I don't think Ange would be long term here either.

2 or 3 years max but with the idea of changing the clubs culture and put the identity more in line with what Spurs as a club should be.

I like Luis Enrique and his Barcelona team were fantastic but I just feel a massive sense of Conte with the potential appointment. Big name, CL manager that makes us pretend.

I'd have taken Nagelsmann, Slot and Ange over him. Personally.
Fair enough.

I don’t see the Conte comparison though. Massive assumption based on zero information or fact.

I’ve not seen negative reports about him at his previous clubs, so I can’t conclude that he’s a disruptive figure everywhere he has worked at.

My guess is that he may have tried to curb the big egos at BM and it didn’t fall well with some of the players and staff there, resulting in his ousting.

I’d prefer someone like JN being our next coach / manager - as he’s young, willing to change tactics mid game (if needed), has managed in a big league, experienced playing regularly against top level opponents (within Germany and beyond), and has age on his side to be a long term manager at our club.

Back
Top Bottom