Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think levy is cheap

I just think after 20 years it’s quite evident he’s not very good at his job
the office television GIF

Just a word to those of you looking forward to Angie as your manager.

If Angie was as brilliant a manager as the Scottish press portrays him, then it stands to reason that I, as a Rangers supporter, would be ecstatic at Spurs luring him away from Celtic.

Well, I'm not.
Quite the opposite, in fact, I'll be right pissed off if you do sign him!

Angie has been extremely successful with Celtic in Scotland for two reasons:
Scottish football was once decent in comparison to the top leagues. Today the Spfl, while not quite a pub league, it isn't far off.
And when you add uncontrolled amateur bigoted refs into the mix then any quality the league once had evaporates.

If you want to judge Angie's quality as a manager, you can't look to his accomplishments in a bigoted Scotland or in a Japanese league, judge his tactics when Celtic play European opposition with refs who aren't bigoted.
Celtics results in Europe are embarrassing and Angie's tactics are naive - even against teams who aren't in the top leagues.
At best, Angie's managerial skills are at a mid Championship league level and that's pushing it.

If Spurs pick him up I, as a Rangers supporter, will honestly be extremely pissed off.
Ange, to make a long story short is - sh*te!

I’m starting to think levy built the stadium in the wrong place , if he built it in Scotland we could literally recall winks , keep Dier ,
Give Hugo one last hurrah and win the treble , again! :contehandshead:

Having lived up thier for a while it's more the rest of the country that wants them to join the prem however, there is an agreement that they would never get past the championship...
And while you're taking your sebbatical, use the time profitably, by learning the differences between their, there and they're.

Didn’t realise Joe hart played for them , and CCV I see ,
Obvious why levy is interested in a manager who can win a treble with spurs rejects :levyeyes:
I was wondering yesterday what Hart might have been saying to Ange about Spurs. Any thoughts?

How about, "Yeah, they're a great club and the training facilities are amazing."

Are you another one of these fucking levy Bots? What the fuck are you on about! Tactical analysis? He is playing in the spl with a team worth multiples more than other teams. What was you tactical analysis of Celtic in Europe - ops you haven't watched it.....ah enough said.

Seems to be a lot of new posters who don't want to understand that talking about tactics is irrelevant here.

Does he play with two wing backs? Does he play a progressive passing midfield. That only matters if your manager has the actual ability to pull it off in the league your talking about. Stop passing it back ...wtf? Can't wait till we 5 down against Chelsea next season and he starts shouting that out.

Put simply, winning trophies in shit leagues while significantly outspending your opposition is not a tactical master stroke.
So you agree you wouldn’t have appointed either Pep or Zidane if you were in charge of Barca or Madrid respectively at the time?

Out of interest, what qualities are you looking for when appointing a manager?

Once again I’m not saying Ange will be a success, I don’t know enough about him and haven’t seen enough of his sides to say. I suspect you’re in the same boat as me.

Just a word to those of you looking forward to Angie as your manager.

If Angie was as brilliant a manager as the Scottish press portrays him, then it stands to reason that I, as a Rangers supporter, would be ecstatic at Spurs luring him away from Celtic.

Well, I'm not.
Quite the opposite, in fact, I'll be right pissed off if you do sign him!

Angie has been extremely successful with Celtic in Scotland for two reasons:
Scottish football was once decent in comparison to the top leagues. Today the Spfl, while not quite a pub league, it isn't far off.
And when you add uncontrolled amateur bigoted refs into the mix then any quality the league once had evaporates.

If you want to judge Angie's quality as a manager, you can't look to his accomplishments in a bigoted Scotland or in a Japanese league, judge his tactics when Celtic play European opposition with refs who aren't bigoted.
Celtics results in Europe are embarrassing and Angie's tactics are naive - even against teams who aren't in the top leagues.
At best, Angie's managerial skills are at a mid Championship league level and that's pushing it.

If Spurs pick him up I, as a Rangers supporter, will honestly be extremely pissed off.
Ange, to make a long story short is - sh*te!
A Hun talking about bias Refs what a Joke, you let your team die mate, you could only win a league when stadiums were empty. I detest you and your plastic Irish mates but from a club who had no pens against them this season what a cheek

So you agree you wouldn’t have appointed either Pep or Zidane if you were in charge of Barca or Madrid respectively at the time?
Out of interest, what qualities are you looking for when appointing a manager?
Once again I’m not saying Ange will be a success, I don’t know enough about him and haven’t seen enough of his sides to say. I suspect you’re in the same boat as me.
Yeah, the SS Tottingham, but he's the Captain.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom