Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
If we are going by former Chelsea managers I would not be totally opposed to Sarri.

He would have us play some tremendous football. But we would reek of smoke.

But right now I am leaning towards Ange.

Mason will feel quietly confident that he can get the job full time.

Mason has never done enough for the Spurs job (and I really wanted him to) but has done enough to get a bite from an ambitious Championship club. Especially as he clearly has a coaching staff now as well.

BUT I would 100% take Mason over Brendan if that was the choice. I'd take him over Potter as well,

A bloke from the pub I go to who's a Celtic season ticket holder reckons that we offered their manager £100+ mill to spend on players, if he accepts the offer.

100m doesn't even get close to what the squad needs to do.

Our supposed competitors will be doing 70-80m per player several times this summer.

Liverpool for example just did 90m on Darwin, 40m on Gakpo, and 60m on Diaz. He needs at least x2 CMs this summer and at least one of those will be MacAllister or Caicedo. Those 2 are 70m each.

Good source
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣probably better than those idiots that put something out every day that every fan jumps on!!
There’s been Nagelsmann,Enrique,Poch,Slot, Amorim,Glasner,Ange,Potter,Rodgers,De Zerbi, Spalletti,Mason,Italiano,Inzaghi and Galtier and I’ve probably forgot a couple.
Not one person who has supposed contacts has a clue who we are going for so I can get on board with a guy in the boozer as much as anybody.

Worse: my full expectation is that we'll be bought....by Daniel Levy, who will Glazer-style buy us with debt at the first indication that Lewis is ready to move on.

Spurs have been his life's work, I don't think he fancies moving on ever. I could see him pull together an investment group to buy a minority share, shift his ENIC shares to increase his THFC shares and borrow to buy the rest of a controlling stake.
I'd never once considered that.
Fuck sake.

If we are going by former Chelsea managers I would not be totally opposed to Sarri.

He would have us play some tremendous football. But we would reek of smoke.

But right now I am leaning towards Ange.
Oh God we've reached the last stage of depression... Acceptance.

I’m sure lol h would have come back if asked abd some at the club would have wanted it. However it seems others didn’t like Cullen and Patarici. Do t like one bit bus gone to chavs but it’s a job for him abd if spurs did t want or ask him to come back he is free to go wherever a job is offered. It’s not like he would applied for it. Chavs would have sounded him out and by the looks of it it was done weeks ago. Conte was sacked in March abd we made no attempt to even enquire with Poch. So more fool is!

I’m sure lol h would have come back if asked abd some at the club would have wanted it. However it seems others didn’t like Cullen and Patarici. Do t like one bit bus gone to chavs but it’s a job for him abd if spurs did t want or ask him to come back he is free to go wherever a job is offered. It’s not like he would applied for it. Chavs would have sounded him out and by the looks of it it was done weeks ago. Conte was sacked in March abd we made no attempt to even enquire with Poch. So more fool is!
fc1bfc9e-601b-4049-90a6-162cce26a446_text.gif

Poch wants the Spurs job so badly he's willing to go to Chelsea to get sacked to put himself on Levy's radar.

Wonder if he can get himself sacked by July 1st?

Easy game :pochsmirk:

- Announce no owners in the dressing room
- Owners must participate in preseason team building of walking on fire. Otherwise they're pussies.
- Declare that Thiago Silva's wife will be doing prematch press conference during the entire season
- Make Lukaku captain, with Aubameyang as vice captain
- State that you consider Thomas Tuchel your inspiration as a manager

Job done :pochsmirk:

And if not, just roll out some insults towards the US. I mean, there's plenty to choose from :pochohshit:

Mason has never done enough for the Spurs job (and I really wanted him to) but has done enough to get a bite from an ambitious Championship club. Especially as he clearly has a coaching staff now as well.

BUT I would 100% take Mason over Brendan if that was the choice. I'd take him over Potter as well,

100m doesn't even get close to what the squad needs to do.

Our supposed competitors will be doing 70-80m per player several times this summer.

Liverpool for example just did 90m on Darwin, 40m on Gakpo, and 60m on Diaz. He needs at least x2 CMs this summer and at least one of those will be MacAllister or Caicedo. Those 2 are 70m each.
There are others I'd want more, but considering what will have to be done over the next two years I could live with Mason on a two year contract. If he does well, great, if not he could see Spurs through a transition while preparing for a long term career as manager. Mason is plugged in well enough to the organization that he would understand what was wanted and help develop the younger players. Not my first choice, but unless we get someone they can seriously commit to for three or four seasons why not just leave the caretaker in the role of transition master.

Back
Top Bottom