Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Again, it has nothing to do with Levy.

I really can't understand you lot that hate Levy more than you support Spurs.

It's not a defence of Levy - I hope Poch loses 10 on a spin to open his career at Chelsea and gets the fucking sack. Because I always hope Chelsea fucking lose.

But I know Poch, and we're a couple months away from him calling those racist cunts "special".
Then why are you setting up the false narrative there “isn’t a single shred of evidence that Poch wanted to come back?” There’s plenty of evidence Poch wanted to come back. The only reason to claim otherwise is to protect your precious Daniel Levy against a potential blacklash if Poch succeeds at the Blue Scum. Otherwise why not just say Poch wanted to come back and Levy correctly decided he didn’t want Poch back.

I dislike Levy right now cause he’s got just about every football big decision wrong since 2019 and other than a short purple patch under Jose and one under Conte last year - it’s been mostly miserable watching Spurs play negative football.

Not sure why you’re so on love with the Daniel. ENIC is not THFC after all.

Nah, Levy gets over shit like that quickly.

He knows coming to games that he will get booed.
He is under serious pressure now and I honestly don't think he has seen this coming.

ENIC will have to change their entire philosophy to survive this period.

The squad needs heavy investment and Poch going to Chelsea turns the heat up nicely.

Levy has behaved like a coward during most of his 22 years at Spurs.

Never talks directly to the supporters and hides behind layers of people he eventually sacks with non disclosure agreements.

I expect a protracted sale of the club.

I also expect an attempt to hang on to the infrastructure as landlords grabbing rent from the next owners.

THFC need all traces of these people out of N17 in my opinion.

That is if we genuinely want our football club back.

So there is hope then?

Life will go on after ENIC and Levy?
If the Kuwaitis decide that they're tired of being left out of the football doping fun, or Musk decides his ego isn't being stroked enough by Twitter (or that Indian fellow I can never remember), maybe.

Other than that, I honestly can't see someone else wanting to buy us and being willing to pay what ENIC would want. What ENIC likely want to walk away will eliminate the reasonable expectation of turning a profit any time soon for any other financial group, which is what's mostly buying football clubs these days.

There's cheaper assets one could roll the dice on being able to take our place. Everton are heading for a distressed asset sell in the short term. Cheaper punt at eventual ESL inclusion there, which is what any financial group will be staking their bet on at this point.

If the Kuwaitis decide that they're tired of being left out of the football doping fun, or Musk decides his ego isn't being stroked enough by Twitter (or that Indian fellow I can never remember), maybe.

Other than that, I honestly can't see someone else wanting to buy us and being willing to pay what ENIC would want. What ENIC likely want to walk away will eliminate the reasonable expectation of turning a profit any time soon for any other financial group, which is what's mostly buying football clubs these days.

There's cheaper assets one could roll the dice on being able to take our place. Everton are heading for a distressed asset sell in the short term. Cheaper punt at eventual ESL inclusion there, which is what any financial group will be staking their bet on at this point.
And this is the sad fact fans have to live with
Levy and Enic aren't going to sell up for top money. They can make plenty of money purely on their ownership of a valuable asset without taking money out of it.
No one is gonna buy us unless they're mind bendingly rich. You don't pay £5bn for a club that wins nothing. You pay that for a winner, with a worldwide large fanbase and and a club that already has huge commercial income.
We're just Newcastle with a better stadium, and they sold for what, £350m ?

I have all the appreciation for the work he did here. I don't even begrudge him going to Chelsea.

But fuck him for as long as he is with those neo nazis.
Ditto...loved Poche, didn't agree with him being sacked but once done there was no fairy-tale homecoming envisaged. Whilst never forgetting the good times he brought to us can't bring myself to wish him well in charge of that disease of a club. Same goes for H if he ever crossed over to the dark side.

Maybe there are potential owners already out there who are waiting and watching. We all know it is highly unlikely that ENIC will invest the necessary amount required to fix what they have unravelled.

Staying on, under heavy pressure and criticism from all quarters will see the value of their asset go down; not up.

I have genuine hope that ENIC are not the immovable object that some claim they are.

Levy has played a blinder up until the last two years.

He's got away with 20 years of sleight of hand.

You can fool some people sometimes.

He's up against it now.

I think he will run under persuasion.

And this is the sad fact fans have to live with
Levy and Enic aren't going to sell up for top money. They can make plenty of money purely on their ownership of a valuable asset without taking money out of it.
No one is gonna buy us unless they're mind bendingly rich. You don't pay £5bn for a club that wins nothing. You pay that for a winner, with a worldwide large fanbase and and a club that already has huge commercial income.
We're just Newcastle with a better stadium, and they sold for what, £350m ?
Worse: my full expectation is that we'll be bought....by Daniel Levy, who will Glazer-style buy us with debt at the first indication that Lewis is ready to move on.

Spurs have been his life's work, I don't think he fancies moving on ever. I could see him pull together an investment group to buy a minority share, shift his ENIC shares to increase his THFC shares and borrow to buy the rest of a controlling stake.

Worse: my full expectation is that we'll be bought....by Daniel Levy, who will Glazer-style buy us with debt at the first indication that Lewis is ready to move on.

Spurs have been his life's work, I don't think he fancies moving on ever. I could see him pull together an investment group to buy a minority share, shift his ENIC shares to increase his THFC shares and borrow to buy the rest of a controlling stake.
I see the same. Levy will be the front of the new ownership consortium.

Some US and Asia based investors with him at the helm. That or a hedgefund like Redbird that will first be looking to recoup their investment before going ambitious.

He did a good job at Celta with a poor team, got them to 9th when they would have been considered an outside favourite for relegation and a very good job at Spain where he had to rebuild the whole team. It's not his fault that the country hasn't had a top notch striker since Fernando Torres. You also have to factor in the time he took off and the impact on him when his young daughter tragically died.

It's only Roma where he can be said to have failed.

How do you reckon he’d fair as our manager?

Back
Top Bottom