Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
So sounds like if we appoint a director of football first then it’s going to be Nagelsmann. Should be a bloody big clue who it’s going to be if that happens first!
Between Spors & Munn, they should be able to get expert German legal advice to minimise Bayern's ridiculous demands.

I agree that Spors would suggest JN is most likely. But Xabi Alonso is also coaching in Germany, and the reports suggest we know the price to get him out of his contract too.

I'd be happy with either JN or Xabi, since both are tactically astute, attack-minded coaches.

From what I've heard, Alonso is very good.

Unfortunately he's best mates with Arteta so they'll turn the North London derby into a love fest.

So his tactical astuteness combined with his good looks won't be enough for me I'm afraid.

Yes we are spending money on shit players, why do you think this is going to change if NG is manager when Levy is still at the club and controls signings?

Levy will never sit back sign cheques and let the manager or DOF do the recruitment. Why do you think Man ciy, Manu, Liverpool, scums, Newcastle....etc, are doing well in the PL/trophies and we are spiralling down?!

Nothing changed when we had Jose and Conte, nothing will change whoever walks in. Mason will not complain and get on with the job. He learned a lot working under Jose and Conte, we can see it in the last few games.

I am not in favour of Mason but due circumstances, he is the best available. He can always be sacked by Christmas if does badly, what's new! Levy sacked so many managers...

tbh under Paratici we have been better with recruitment.

With Munn on the spreadsheet and a DOF that is fully aligned with the coach, we can go another step better. Just need time for it to take shape.

From what I've heard, Alonso is very good.

Unfortunately he's best mates with Arteta so they'll turn the North London derby into a love fest.

So his tactical astuteness combined with his good looks won't be enough for me I'm afraid.
Oh the rivalry makes them fall out and it becomes a bloodbath!

Gerard Way Blood GIF by My Chemical Romance

Spending money isn't the issue anymore. We have spent a fortune since we moved to the new stadium. We've just spent it mostly on shit players.

I'm sure potential managers are asking Levy who the director of football will be and not how many hundreds of millions we have to spend. When Man City spend £50m they get a top class player every time. When we do it we almost always get a turd. Then you have teams like Brighton finding gems all over the place. We have become terrible at both. Whether we spend money on big names or sign prospects, they are all flopping.

As negative as Mourinho and Conte have been, if Ndombele and Lo Celso had been as good as Dembele and Eriksen, we wouldn't be where we are. We just spent £60m on a striker who scored his first PL goal on matchday 34. A new manager will want to know that we have a football operation capable of signing quality players, whether they are proven stars or prospects. The current shambles of our football structure will be much more off-putting to managers than our spending power (which is substantial).
Yes we are spending money on shit players, why do you think this is going to change if NG is manager when Levy is still at the club and controls signings?

Levy will never sit back sign cheques and let the manager or DOF do the recruitment. Why do you think Man ciy, Manu, Liverpool, scums, Newcastle....etc, are doing well in the PL/trophies and we are spiralling down?!

Nothing changed when we had Jose and Conte, nothing will change whoever walks in. Mason will not complain and get on with the job. He learned a lot working under Jose and Conte, we can see it in the last few games.

I am not in favour of Mason but due circumstances, he is the best available. He can always be sacked by Christmas if does badly, what's new! Levy sacked so many managers...

tbh under Paratici we have been better with recruitment.

With Munn on the spreadsheet and a DOF that is fully aligned with the coach, we can go another step better. Just need time for it to take shape.
Paratici was slightly better than one of the worst recruitment periods we've ever had from summer 2016 to 2020. 5 wasted years and thats why we are where we are. It was a very low bar to clear. If it doesnt improve quite dramatically it doesnt really matter who the manager is. Its comfortably the most important thing at any club these days.

This is a good thing. Kompany is a good up and coming manager. Other than against us, i hope he does well for Burnley. Much better to see promoted teams that try and play instead of the old Dyche Burnley.

I agree. I’ve never been convinced he was a serious option. He just doesn’t have the experience to be our manager long term. Too big a gamble for Levy with an appointment he has to get right.

One down then and also Alonso saying he's fully committed to BL next season. Still think it will be Naglesmann and have done since he turned down Chelsea. If not reckon it will be Slot.
Agreed, but I don't know what else Alonso is going to say to the question. I think any coach unless they are at the end of their contract are going to completely avoid the question.

Agreed, but I don't know what else Alonso is going to say to the question. I think any coach unless they are at the end of their contract are going to completely avoid the question.

People read way too much in what managers/players say in press conferences.
99 times out of a hundred they are just saying the correct PR answer

Back
Top Bottom