Do we want to keep Kulusevski?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Kulu worth keeping?

• Yes

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 33.5%

• Total voters
Would keep him but I think levy will be haggling on the price if we don't meet the requirements (which is looking unlikely) for the obligated 31m.

Does the club wait until the new manager is appointed before even making the deal permanent?

Yes deffo give him another season under a new manager that more favours attacking play. One season means nothing, look at Son for example and we all know he's a top player, world class some would say.

No, he has not. I believe others have made the point about what happened since ole Benty went injured.

Kulu has shown he has the positional talent and awareness needed.

We'll be keeping him anyway, and rightly so, so it's a MOO point.
I won't be cowed by your MOO points!

If he stays I won't be filling a thread with 500 pages of how shite I think he is - but I firmly believe that teams have worked out how to nullify his threat.
I hope you are right and that if he stays the next lamb to the Levy meat grinder will wring the best out of him - look at what a good manager can do (Poch at the start) - but be aware of the damage a poor CEO can do to an aspiring manager - or established ones will to soldier on.

This season he has been ineffective, in comparison with his impact in his first season

I won't be cowed by your MOO points!

If he stays I won't be filling a thread with 500 pages of how shite I think he is - but I firmly believe that teams have worked out how to nullify his threat.
I hope you are right and that if he stays the next lamb to the Levy meat grinder will wring the best out of him - look at what a good manager can do (Poch at the start) - but be aware of the damage a poor CEO can do to an aspiring manager - or established ones will to soldier on.

This season he has been ineffective, in comparison with his impact in his first season

Can say that about pretty much all of our players tbf!

It's more that it's not straight forward. He's show flashes of quality and brilliance.

No; it's easy...... Just trust the experts in the Trf threads. They got this licked and merely chose not to have a highly paid career in soccer recruitment.

He wasn't the same after he was out with an injury midway through the season. I think you have to see him healthy to start next season before you can come to any conclusions. Before the injury he was able to drive down the right side and open up opposing defenses and after it he wasn't. With rest over the off season I think he'll come back strong.

He's worth the price. They shouldn't be afraid of look to upgrade, but there's no guarantee anyone they sign will hit the ground running day one. Moreover, I would love to have a better player AND still have Kulu. Having quality depth is often underrated..

Nervous Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

Everyone is wise to his cutting in. Surprised we haven't fucked the inverted thing off and tried him on the left to mix it up.
Yup I said the sane a while back need to try sin on the right. He has an excellent shot on his left foot anyway. Kulu on the left wouldnt need to beat a player to get cross in. Becks never on the right.

All these posters acting surprised or irritated by this question ...

What world do you live in ?

He has been poor for the best part of a full season now

It is a perfectly valid question to ask , especially when you consider that 35mil is likely to be quite a chunk of our overall budget this summer and there are so many holes in our squad

Seeing as Kulu AND Son's form have suffered this season, leads me to believe they were both victims of the system being played forced on the players!

Get a more attacking minded manager/coach in, and see if form picks up next season, for BOTH if them... if not, then maybe we should revisit this thread in January....

All these posters acting surprised or irritated by this question ...

What world do you live in ?

He has been poor for the best part of a full season now

It is a perfectly valid question to ask , especially when you consider that 35mil is likely to be quite a chunk of our overall budget this summer and there are so many holes in our squad

So have all the players.

So no, it's not a perfectly valid question to ask. We all know (well those of us who actually watch spurs) what he can do. He should have a fair crack at it with a competent manager, squad and tactics.

:dembelefingers:

Some takes on here oh my god :)

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper As you always seem to have the opposite take on any normal given topic: Name a better suited 23yo player for 35m who is more of a goal threat and an creative output than Kulu. Curious to hear them
I don't spend time trawling through web sites or watching endless hours of football trying to seek out new talent.
But I do watch Spurs when they play and his performance, output, goals and effectiveness have dropped markedly from last season. I struggle to remember any great crosses, dribbles or tackles that you would expect from an attacking midfielder - Peresic has been awful but his crossing is sublime and I don't see that in this form either is worth keeping.

People keep saying he's still developing, he's 23 now, and I don't remember too many footballers that suddenly or even gradually became significantly better from that age - they just got regarded as being "reliable" at what they did.
At the end of last season - I would have said yes - in a loud voice.

I'm not paid to gamble on players regaining form, thats what managers have to do.

I'm not someone who forms attachments to footballers, nor do I feel compelled to support them, because I have talked them up in the past. I just look at what they do, and how much they positively impact the Spurs team, and currently he isn't making it any better.

Our biggest problem is that we don't have anyone else we can play there, because Conte shifted Spence off. Get Spence back and on current form he plays, and I would imagine that Kulusevski would be benched.

So have all the players.

So no, it's not a perfectly valid question to ask. We all know (well those of us who actually watch spurs) what he can do. He should have a fair crack at it with a competent manager, squad and tactics.

:dembelefingers:
Think you've had too many lady wrestlers sitting on your head ....

:sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom