Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 18th March | KO: 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd honestly love to know how many points VAR has cost us this season.
As long as LiVARpool gains a LOT, who cares.

There is most certain now an agenda against Spurs! And coming from a lot of different directions too.

The only two reasons i can think of, is either people making the decisions are EXTREMELY biased, or It's anti-semetic.

This is insane now!

Having said that, we're not helping ourselfs either are we?! We really are shit.

Levy has pushed the big clear-out that was needed like 5 years ago in front of him for long enough now.

It will get harder by the year, but enough is enough. It MUST happen this summer!!!

Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga, Lenglet, Dier, Reguilon, Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele, needs to be out the door.

Question marks over Hugo, Sess, and Son! I actually thinks Son would work much better with an attacking manager, and thinks Conte's system suffocates him.

We desperately needs a new GK, two new CB's, and not promising cheap ones, but but ready made high class ones. And a CM/AMC.

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Just change the manager now, no point continuing. If he can’t get the players to understand how to manage a game then it’s all pointless. At 3-1 up we should be controlling the game, instead the players get too casual, make a mistake then panic and make more.

The situation before the second Saints goal sums it up. We have a throw in which falls to Romero, despite being under pressure in our half he shows no urgency, loses the ball and Saints get easy possession from which they eventually score. In these away games we just lurch from arrogance to panic at a moments notice. There is no mental resilience or focus at all.
But Romero is meant to be a top defender?

This can’t go on. The senior players should go to Levy and say they can’t play for this guy anymore.
Many of the senior players just can't play, and therein lies the problem. Spurs are an exceedingly fragile team given the number of veteran players. Even if it means not make the top four next season, it is probably time to clear out a significant portion of the roster and move forward.

I take the point. I do, however, blame Conte for the shitty defensive way we've played all season.
I blame him for the "Early Emerson" problems. But that is where it ends. It is understandable when one watches Emerson now. Most of our goals have come because we allow them.

People forget Conté came to build a team. He said it would take more than a season to reach our pinnacle. He also said that he needs backing.

Yet....1) He is judged after 1 season. 2) He has players he doesn't want in his team and doesn't believe are good enough. 3) Fans constantly scream for his head (Even when Eric Dier backpasses an assist to opposition and Hugo taps the ball into his own net.

Can't blame managers for basic stupid errors. We've lost most of our games to that.

Ok, I’m not going to even feign being all that angry. After the last few matches no expectations any more. I was quite pleased to see some goals, not lose, stay dry and not be freezing my sorry backside off, that’s where my bar is currently set.

I was surprised he let Richie start, clearly had a problem in warm up and Harry was consoling him then. Hope he’s not made things worse. Conte really needs to go now, but still don’t see it happening till end of season.

From what I saw Sarr was already committed to clearing the ball and the Saints attacking came from behind him. Sarr was going for the ball and didn't seem to make contact with the saints player anyway. Very harsh pen, very unlucky.
We were told that VAR was going to take the harshness and luck out of games.

VAR has stolen 2 points from us today and gifted Southampton 1.

Just a fix

Yet our manager is always the issue, not these average to poor defensive players.

Yet our manager is always the issue, not these average to poor defensive players.
1. Owners
2. Players
3. Conte

You happy?
They are all to blame. Two of those we can get rid of, the third we can not(unless they decide to sell).

What exactly in Conte's tactics, and player management, do you see that will take us forward?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom