Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte explained or tried to explain he had to keep the team balanced. Did Sanchez or did he not almost get a penalty? I saw close up replays as did most of us. Sanchez was caught on the shin , ok only slightly but I don't think that's by design on the Milan players part.
A lot of people have a downer on Conte right now and he may get the sack but that near pen happened as a result of Contes decision to keep balance while introducing a set piece threat and supporting Porro further up the pitch.
Hating on Conte and jumping to the worst conclusion is too easy and obvious.
Fully respect your opinion but I completely disagree. If I recall Milan had 2 or 3 break away chances in the last few minutes which I assume Sanchez was brought on to stop.
And who's to say Kulu would not have got us a penalty by his attacking nature.
I'm sorry but with 7 minutes on the clock, we should have gone all guns blazing. Instead we bought on a defender (sic) and took off an attacker. And that is wrong

It's not that we need a 7 game winning streak, but how many 4 game winning streaks have we had under him?

If it was 4 wins, a loss, and 4 wins etc. that would be much more acceptable.
Sure but the only team doing that this season is Woolwich. Which is why they are winning the league and we aren't .

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.
You're right, we've been kicking the can down the road for 3.5 years now with Mourinho and Conte, patching up the squad for win now managers and relying on Lloris, Son & Kane. Well that era is over and we need a manager that is going to be with us for hopefully at least 3 or 4 seasons, that clearly was never Conte. It would also be nice if the new manager didnt play football reminiscent of Stoke and a pre Kompany Burnley as well.

Fully respect your opinion but I completely disagree. If I recall Milan had 2 or 3 break away chances in the last few minutes which I assume Sanchez was brought on to stop.
I'm sorry but with 7 minutes on the clock, we should have gone all guns blazing. Instead we bought on a defender (sic) and took off an attacker. And that is wrong
I am talking fact, Sanchez almost got a pen. It's not what if, crystal ball stuff reference if Kulu had stayed on. It actually happened !!

You're right, we've been kicking the can down the road for 3.5 years now with Mourinho and Conte, patching up the squad for win now managers and relying on Lloris, Son & Kane. Well that era is over and we need a manager that is going to be with us for hopefully at least 3 or 4 seasons, that clearly was never Conte. It would also be nice if the new manager didnt play football reminiscent of Stoke and a pre Kompany Burnley as well.
Or let's keep a winning mentalty manager who challenges the club to deliver what he needs. Expose them for what they are....also rans.

So Danjuma is another Spence? Did the club not learn and ask Conte if he would play him? Just so weird he keeps playing the alternatives when they are not performing and won't give the new guys a chance even if they are 'club signings'.

Or let's keep a winning mentalty manager who challenges the club to deliver what he needs. Expose them for what they are....also rans.

OR let's get a manager who more suits the spurs way - someone who can be flexible in their tactics, can develop players, and play an exciting brand of football.

Conte has shown us absolutely NOTHING since he got here. Get your tongue out of his arsehole.

As far as I can tell, you're both right. What we needed to win was Kulu AND a defender. Romero would be my choice.

BUT THAT'S NOT AN OPTION because the twat tried to break someone's legs just as we start the only phase of the game where we seem to try to actually fucking score. Our game plan is contain, tire and overrun. Just as we reach phase 3, we lost our main breaker. Failing to break, I might add. but someone did scream a lot.

I don't really blame Conte, if I'm *completely* honest. I'm just generally upset with our luck lately. Losing Bents and Sonny for a season, Romero for a must-win CL game. Singling anyone out isn't really fair or helping much.

That's the last bit of considered commentary you'll get from me. Melting resumes in 5...4...3...

I can be calm and at the same time use "bad" words.......

People get the reply I think they deserve.........

You think : "He's probably too good for us."
I think you sound like a simp.
By too good I mean he works at a higher level with better tools. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. I don't deserve derogatory and rude language. You might have to resort to it which is a shame.

OR let's get a manager who more suits the spurs way - someone who can be flexible in their tactics, can develop players, and play an exciting brand of football.

Conte has shown us absolutely NOTHING since he got here. Get your tongue out of his arsehole.
He got us 4th miraculously last season, that's nothing is it.
Don't insult me please with disgusting language.

Kenan Thompson Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I cant stand ENIC and want them to sell, but winning mentality managers is hokum. Big spend managers more accurate. Those 2 chumps have hardly been Brian Clough winning league titles for Derby and Forest. Besides i dont care what they've done elsewhere, they've stunk the place up here.

Back
Top Bottom