Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wheels-fall-off-f1.gif

Cunte on that booed substitution​

We had three strikers, we continued to play with three strikers. We played with Porro. We played with a 3-4-3 [before], without [11 players], we played with 3-2-3.

But if you win the game it is because you only have strikers? We have to find in every moment to risk but not to lose the balance. Then we had the chance. If you think that we can play with four strikers, with 2-2-4 and if you think so with the counter attack and the space. well...

I think I do my job and everyone has to do their job. I think that I have a career behind me and the experience to try to make the best decision. Then I repeat and you can accept or not. The reality to risk to score and if you score one goal you go into 30 minutes with four strikers. I understand the fans but I'm the coach and I always have to find the best solution for the team.
who have made this transcription?
because I listened his words and he talked about 3-3-3 and 3-2-4
not 3-2-3 or 2-2-4
it's very strange... or maybe not

Within seconds Sanchez came very close to getting a penalty. There was contact but deemed not enough. If he had got the pen....then what ? Very fine margins.

Pls stop this..... Even Conte's failed to coherently explain/justify himself......

The fact that Sanchez happened to tumble in the box is neither here nor there and certainly not a tactical matter........... Unless you're suggesting neither Kulu or Danjuma wouldn't have otherwise been in the box throughout the final stages of the game? (Which is of course ludicrous.)

Pls stop this..... Even Conte's failed to coherently explain/justify himself......

The fact that Sanchez happened to tumble in the box is neither here nor there and certainly not a tactical matter........... Unless you're suggesting neither Kulu or Danjuma wouldn't have otherwise been in the box throughout the final stages of the game? (Which is of course ludicrous.)
Conte explained or tried to explain he had to keep the team balanced. Did Sanchez or did he not almost get a penalty? I saw close up replays as did most of us. Sanchez was caught on the shin , ok only slightly but I don't think that's by design on the Milan players part.
A lot of people have a downer on Conte right now and he may get the sack but that near pen happened as a result of Contes decision to keep balance while introducing a set piece threat and supporting Porro further up the pitch.
Hating on Conte and jumping to the worst conclusion is too easy and obvious.

I have watched the press conference and I haven't got a problem with anything he said. He even said Romero is not a complete player until he controls himself. A world cup winner who is not a top defender....there you go, it can be done. !! Richi is similar, shoots his mouth off with no justification. Another one who can't control himself.

I read between the lines....if Spurs can't match Contes ambition and stop making mistakes in the market....he won't be signing a new contract.
The club may decide he is poison and try to salvage something. I think Conte is intelligent and capable of winning things with good players......players we haven't got enough of.

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.

What do you think is a good win streak in the PL out of interest?
It's not that we need a 7 game winning streak, but how many 4 game winning streaks have we had under him?

If it was 4 wins, a loss, and 4 wins etc. that would be much more acceptable.

Conte explained or tried to explain he had to keep the team balanced.

"Balance" is cowardly thinking at such an 'all or nothing stage' of a big knock-out game.

If balance was the concern then WDF is Sanchez of all people even doing in the oppo box anyway......

Lenglet & Skipp (where necessary) ought to have been relied upon to be sufficient cover to stem any oppo counterattacks considering we HAD to score to force ET.

......Such was his scramble to saIvage his credibility; in trying to explain, Conte claimed us to only have 9 men on the pitch FFS!

that near pen happened as a result of Contes decision to keep balance

No it didn't..... It's a simple by-product of a player being challenged in the box. Could have been anyone there in that scenario..... That challenge didn't happen by virtue of who the player was or the position he typically plays.

while introducing a set piece threat and supporting Porro further up the pitch.

Porro is an attacking WB deployed in a team that is alleged to depend on attacking WB play...... It shouldn't take the introduction of a CB in those circumstances to push him up for set pieces....

FFS, we see keepers pushing up in desperate, end of game scenarios.... What, do we have to sub on another keeper in the name of "balance" just to allow that to happen now too?

With 30 mins to go; it's a completely different discussion.... At 7 mins to go; it's cowardice and it's stupid.

Hating on Conte and jumping to the worst conclusion is too easy and obvious.

Assume what you must about my motives and "jumping", but you're wrong. I've been amongst the last to turn on Conte and don't typically call for the managers head.

The bullshit he's spewed out since only strengthens my resolve in this matter.

Last edited:
"Balance" is cowardly thinking at such an 'all or nothing stage' of a big knock-out game.

If balance was the concern then WDF is Sanchez or all people even doing in the oppo box anyway......

Lenglet & Skipp (where necessary) ought to have been relied upon to be sufficient cover to stem any oppo counterattacks considering we HAD to score to force ET.

......Such was his scramble to saIvage his credibility; in trying to explain, Conte claimed us to only have 9 men on the pitch FFS!

No it didn't..... It's a simple by-product of a player being challenged in the box. Could have been anyone there in that scenario..... That challenge didn't happen by virtue of who the player was or the position he typically plays.

Porro is an attacking WB deployed in a team that is alleged to depend on attacking WB play...... It shouldn't take the introduction of a CB in those circumstances to push him up for set pieces....

FFS, we see keepers pushing up in desperate, end of game scenarios.... What, do we have to sub on another keeper in the name of "balance" just to allow that to happen now too?

With 30 mins to go; it's a completely different discussion.... At 7 mins to go; it's cowardice and it's stupid.

Assume what you must about my motives and "jumping", but you're wrong. I've been amongst the last to turn on Conte and don't typically call for the managers head.

The bullshit he's spewed out since only strengthens my resolve in this matter.
We have 10 outfield players plus a keeper. An outfield player gets sent off that 10 becomes 9.

I have watched the press conference and I haven't got a problem with anything he said. He even said Romero is not a complete player until he controls himself.

Isn't that big of him.....

Conte's "complete" comment: Conte isn't a "complete" tactician either.

I read between the lines....

i.e. Where the facts end and the chosen narrative begins.

if Spurs can't match Contes ambition and stop making mistakes in the market....he won't be signing a new contract.
The club may decide he is poison and try to salvage something. I think Conte is intelligent and capable of winning things with good players......players we haven't got enough of.

"Mistakes"?

He repeatedly pleads for "patience"; but doesn't recognise it's a 2 way street...... If he did he wouldn't be cock-teasing us over a new deal.

Fuck him.... Seems the club (nor the vast majority of the fans) doesn't even want him anyway now.

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.

Sacking Conte won't solve all the clubs ills, but it will remedy one.

Last edited:
That's been his arrogant position all along though. Leaving the whole direction of the club on whether he deems the players good enough. When's the cut off? July? August? September?

Either commit now or bugger off ASAP.
It was telling Conte described Danjuma as a club signing as he did Spence. Possibly not the standard of player he wants.

Agreed. I didn’t know I could hate someone more than him so conte’s had one success this season

Fuck it, I’d even take Sherwood back at this point with his shitty salutes.

Him and Mason might work well together

Can’t be any worse than this shitshow

Back
Top Bottom