Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't that big of him.....

Conte-comment: Conte isn't a "complete" tactician either.

i.e. Where the facts end and the chosen narrative begins.

"Mistakes"?

He repeatedly pleads for "patience"; but doesn't recognise it's a 2 way street...... If he did he wouldn't be cock-teasing us over a new deal.

Fuck him.... Seems the club (nor the vast majority of the fans) doesn't even want him anyway now.

Sacking Conte won't solve all the clubs ills, but it will remedy one.

Yeah that's right.....sack another one. Keep the merry-go-round going.
He probably will get sacked or not renew his contract.
He's probably too good for us.

I have watched the press conference and I haven't got a problem with anything he said. He even said Romero is not a complete player until he controls himself. A world cup winner who is not a top defender....there you go, it can be done. !! Richi is similar, shoots his mouth off with no justification. Another one who can't control himself.

I read between the lines....if Spurs can't match Contes ambition and stop making mistakes in the market....he won't be signing a new contract.
The club may decide he is poison and try to salvage something. I think Conte is intelligent and capable of winning things with good players......players we haven't got enough of.

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.

Conte needs to go. End of story. It's not about us 'matching his ambition' anymore. He's done nothing.

No debate to be had here.

I have watched the press conference and I haven't got a problem with anything he said. He even said Romero is not a complete player until he controls himself. A world cup winner who is not a top defender....there you go, it can be done. !! Richi is similar, shoots his mouth off with no justification. Another one who can't control himself.

I read between the lines....if Spurs can't match Contes ambition and stop making mistakes in the market....he won't be signing a new contract.
The club may decide he is poison and try to salvage something. I think Conte is intelligent and capable of winning things with good players......players we haven't got enough of.

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.

I agree, every single word is being over analysed and mis quoted. The message from Conte has been the same since day one.

It just hasnt worked out - it hasnt helped that our biggest goal threat last season has been completely out of form. History shows that his 3 at the back can work but doing the same thing over and over is becoming dull and frustrating to watch.

Conte would argue we are a team in transition and need better players to make it work - we definitely need better centre halves and wing backs for this system.

Best for all that we try and finish in the top 4 and go our seperate ways at the end of the season, but i am finding the never ending narrative that hes about to walk or be sacked quite boring.

"Mistakes"?

He repeatedly pleads for "patience"; but doesn't recognise it's a 2 way street...... If he did he wouldn't be cock-teasing us over a new deal.

Fuck him.... Seems the club (nor the vast majority of the fans) doesn't even want him anyway now.

Vast majority.....yeah go with the flock, they must be right.

Make no mistake that the club has made serious mistake with some acquisitions, but that goes for every club. The fact remains that Conte has been provided players with some of them being able to make an immediate impact on the team, and has had access to a better team overall than we finished last season with.

Yes, there are unfortunate injuries that have messed up some of our depth, but let's be realistic that the majority of the team have regressed this season under his watch. Not such an amazing manager if the only way they can be successful is by having perfect players in every spot of the pitch and no misses on incoming quality.

It was telling Conte described Danjuma as a club signing as he did Spence. Possibly not the standard of player he wants.

Maybe he should outright refuse them then........

Also; at his behest we replace Spence with another 45m WB; one that has the same question marks over his defensive game as Djed (!!!)...... Perhaps that 45m could have been better spent on a CB or an attacker that does fit his mysterious (Not Danjuma, not Gil, not Richy, not a CAM) criteria????

Do you even have eyes?

The fuck you been watching?

"Mistakes"?

I could be convinced to keep him if he miraculously came out and stated genuine commitment to the club, including a decent length contract.
However, his football is so shit and his (public) attitude so bad, I'll not shed 1 microscopic tear when he inevitably "leaves with our best wishes" .

I agree, every single word is being over analysed and mis quoted. The message from Conte has been the same since day one.

It just hasnt worked out - it hasnt helped that our biggest goal threat last season has been completely out of form. History shows that his 3 at the back can work but doing the same thing over and over is becoming dull and frustrating to watch.

Conte would argue we are a team in transition and need better players to make it work - we definitely need better centre halves and wing backs for this system.

Best for all that we try and finish in the top 4 and go our seperate ways at the end of the season, but i am finding the never ending narrative that hes about to walk or be sacked quite boring.
Well said, a reasoned and balanced opinion.

Back
Top Bottom