Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you want us to do? Play with 2 CBs? So we can concede 7 instead of 4?

The argument against 3 CBs is that we're not creative enough in attack, while in reality it's the defence that is letting us down time and time again.
Yes. 2 CBs and 3 in midfield. If we concede 7 with Romero and Dier (Dier is bad, but not THAT bad), and three in midfield, Conte is truly awful.

Yes. 2 CBs and 3 in midfield. If we concede 7 with Romero and Dier (Dier is bad, but not THAT bad), and three in midfield, Conte is truly awful.
Oh, Dier is THAT bad. And in a 2 CBs system he's horrific. His partnership with Sanchez under Jose was the stuff of nightmares.

Also who are we going to play in the midfield? Conte himself? Because Bentancur and Bissouma are injured, while PEH is suspended.

Oh, Dier is THAT bad. And in a 2 CBs system he's horrific. His partnership with Sanchez under Jose was the stuff of nightmares.

Also who are we going to play in the midfield? Conte himself? Because Bentancur and Bissouma are injured, while PEH is suspended.
You're talking about this week re the midfield. He's had the whole season to play 3 in midfield and try something different. Those players have only got injured in the last week!

Summer is going to be fun.

- Conte leaving
- Kane probably leaving if Conte goes
- last chance to get any money for Son
- got to then sell Ndombele, Lo Celso, Regulion, Winks, Rodon, Bryan Gil and probably Sanchez, Tanganga, Lenglet (well he just goes back to Barca), Lloris etc.
- get a new manager. If new manager like 3 at the back buy at least 2 probably 3 good CB’s. If manager is Poch get 2 CB’s but need 2 more AM.
- get replacements for Kane and Son as well as Lloris.
- if wing backs can’t covert to full backs we need to get a RB and a LB.

So that is a 1 GK, 2-3 CB’s, 2 AM’s and if Kane and Son go 2 strikers/wing forwards, and perhaps 2 full backs. So maybe 7-10 players to buy and 10-12 players to go.

Feel like each summer there is more to do, like we are running but somehow going backwards.

Edit: oh and a replacement for Paratici and maybe redesign of the football operation.
What do you mean? We just need a good manager and Dier will become a Champions League defender again.

Conte managed to come up with a way of playing that suited the players at Chelsea. He also got Inter playing superbly well with Young and Moses as wingbacks. Showed flexibility in both cases.

This is what made me want him here. A bit of a cunt, who would call out the board if he was unhappy, get a bit of bite into the side and improve the players we already had.

But I’ve seen nothing. Davies, Kane and PEH are at the same level they were before he came in, but everyone else has gone backwards. Theirs no flexibility in the way we play until we go two down and panic.

Is it training? Tactics? Lack of communication? Hunger? There’s something major missing here.

I understand people will say it’s lack of investment, poor scouting, Beyoncé concerts, flat building, bald cunt, etc, but even if they are all true issues, there’s something going on with this guy and we need to sort it quickly.

You're talking about this week re the midfield. He's had the whole season to play 3 in midfield and try something different. Those players have only got injured in the last week!
Doesn't disregard my original point though. It only strengthens my argument.

We've spent a lot on Richarlison who spends his game time on the bench, yet we have poor defenders.
I just don't get the logic in the allocation of our funds that is spent on the squad. Ok I can see if Kane gets injured he's a back up who can step in but our problems are more at the back.
There was zero friggin need to spend 60 mil on Richy. It's insane money for a guy like him, especially when he then sits on our bench all season.

With that amount we could've gotten us Barnes and Iheanacho, who would've brought a heck of a lot more to the table...and I was saying that way before yesterday's hammering.

The Richy signing is the perfect illustration of how utterly clueless our Board - starting with the bald twat - is and has been for donkeys years. And I don't give a rat's ass for Levy's half arsed apology/explanation on TV cause that lemon will just continue to do the same shite time & again.

He's the No 1 issue at Spurs and must either go or stay but never ever again get involved in football matters.

What do you mean? We just need a good manager and Dier will become a Champions League defender again.

Oh of course

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

What do you want us to do? Play with 2 CBs? So we can concede 7 instead of 4?

The argument against 3 CBs is that we're not creative enough in attack, while in reality it's the defence that is letting us down time and time again.
But the amount of games , gooners for example we play 3 CB and 2 in the middle versus there 3, the midfield gets overrun and this invites pressure on the defence
Surely if we matched them in midfield it would put less pressure on the defence?

Dier is the best example of what’s hurting us right now. At no point has he, or ever will be, the new Baresi, but he’s been a fuck of a lot better previously. Yes, a CL defender, an international, a guy Man Utd wanted for about £60m, so much better than he is now. What’s happened to make him fall off a cliff like this?

No it wont completely but it may give us enough of a new manager bounce to do something. At the worst it gives the new manager time to assess the squad before the summer.
Not sure it's that hard to assess the squad already.

Also, we have DOF system, the managers assessment isn't really that important. Or it shouldn't be anyway.

The squad is in a rebuild. It's going to be shit at times regardless of the manager.

There was zero friggin need to spend 60 mil on Richy. It's insane money for a guy like him, especially when he then sits on our bench all season.

With that amount we could've gotten us Barnes and Iheanacho, who would've brought a heck of a lot more to the table...and I was saying that way before yesterday's hammering.

The Richy signing is the perfect illustration of how utterly clueless our Board - starting with the bald twat - is and has been for donkeys years. And I don't give a rat's ass for Levy's half arsed apology/explanation on TV cause that lemon will just continue to do the same shite time & again.

He's the No 1 issue at Spurs and must either go or stay but never ever again get involved in football matters.
Richie could have made a difference though and shown that he is a useful addition to the squad , it’s just he doesn’t get a chance to play! We could have peak messi and Ronaldo on the bench but they will do fuck all for the team when we persist with the same players in awful form!

Conte managed to come up with a way of playing that suited the players at Chelsea. He also got Inter playing superbly well with Young and Moses as wingbacks. Showed flexibility in both cases.

This is what made me want him here. A bit of a cunt, who would call out the board if he was unhappy, get a bit of bite into the side and improve the players we already had.

But I’ve seen nothing. Davies, Kane and PEH are at the same level they were before he came in, but everyone else has gone backwards. Theirs no flexibility in the way we play until we go two down and panic.

Is it training? Tactics? Lack of communication? Hunger? There’s something major missing here.

I understand people will say it’s lack of investment, poor scouting, Beyoncé concerts, flat building, bald cunt, etc, but even if they are all true issues, there’s something going on with this guy and we need to sort it quickly.
Conte changed his system from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3 and achieved top 4.

Top 4 is what Spurs are built for. It is our version of a trophy.

Conte has been a very successful manager by Spurs standards. Even now we are 5th. That's like City being in 2nd.

This is what it is for Spurs.

But don’t think it would have been levy who scouted him. Would have been Pat and cunte who I’m sure said he can play anywhete in front 3.
But defo agree we didn’t to spend £60M on him he is average at best. Plenty of players better than him. Would have been much better spending on Maddison , kept berg and Gil. Develop these players and add real quality in Maddison. Fucking stupid thinking!

Exactly. We by no means have a world class squad, in fact we’ve got some glaring weaknesses, but the latter half of last season shows it’s not anywhere near as bad as it currently appears. He’s not getting more than the sum of the parts out of the squad, if anything he’s got them performing worse than they should be
Im not sure if we are performing that much worse than the parts. we do have some very shit parts. We are 5th in the league and the squad is no better than 6th or 7th maybe. A team with Dier, Davies,Perisic, Forster , Tanganga ..these parts losing us games with a 4-1 scoreline makes absolute sense.

Back
Top Bottom