January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually not against this signing. Paratici has liked him for a long time and clearly thinks he is better suited to the Prem than Jose's Roma. I think we have even been linked before Paratici... either way, Kulu and Bentancur have given Paratici enough credit in the bank for Zaniolo to be worth chasing.
We ask for long-term planning and strategy... well Zaniolo is the definition of a long-term target from before our current manager was in place.
I'm all for it because, whatever the state of his stats, or physical condition, he at least seems as though he's supposed to be a footballer rather than just some brain dead athlete...

Would much prefer a technically sound player putting up zero goals and assists than some clogger putting up zero goals and assists whilst also actively sabotaging the team's attempts to play football.

I'm all for it because, whatever the state of his stats, or physical condition, he at least seems as though he's supposed to be a footballer rather than just some brain dead athlete...

Would much prefer a technically sound player putting up zero goals and assists than some clogger putting up zero goals and assists whilst also actively sabotaging the team's attempts to play football.
Will be interesting to see how Conte uses him.
Jose has been playing him CF, in the past he was inside right forward like Kulu or out and out left winger. When he was younger I saw people say he was a 10 or at least more central.
Partly wondering if maybe Conte wants to adapt him to left wing back.

Some people on here are saying he's a clogger.

He has technical qualities, especially for his size, but he also had technical deficiencies and recent evidence is that he's also incredibly dumb on the field.

Some people on here are saying he's a clogger.

He has technical qualities, especially for his size, but he also had technical deficiencies and recent evidence is that he's also incredibly dumb on the field.
Have no idea personally on either of these tbh. People said Kulu was slow. He's clearly not. Also had no idea what to expect of Kulu before he signed.

Only thing that we know is that Serie A is known for being a more technical league and the prem more about physicality and intensity. If a player comes from being technically good in the context of Serie A and is able to physically handle the prem, they have a good chance.
There is more space behind in the prem because a lot of teams press. In Italy teams are generally deeper and happy for teams to play in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom