January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually not against this signing. Paratici has liked him for a long time and clearly thinks he is better suited to the Prem than Jose's Roma. I think we have even been linked before Paratici... either way, Kulu and Bentancur have given Paratici enough credit in the bank for Zaniolo to be worth chasing.
We ask for long-term planning and strategy... well Zaniolo is the definition of a long-term target from before our current manager was in place.

Actually not against this signing. Paratici has liked him for a long time and clearly thinks he is better suited to the Prem than Jose's Roma. I think we have even been linked before Paratici... either way, Kulu and Bentancur have given Paratici enough credit in the bank for Zaniolo to be worth chasing.
We ask for long-term planning and strategy... well Zaniolo is the definition of a long-term target from before our current manager was in place.

Do or don’t but we need RWB, at least 1 CB and a new goalkeeper this window.

no point wasting money on forwards when the backline is more than capable of conceeding at least 2 goals a game no matter who the opponent

Do or don’t but we need RWB, at least 1 CB and a new goalkeeper this window.

Agreed.

And the fact that most of us don't believe any of those are coming tells you everything you need to know about ENIC's Spurs.
If Porro is the RWB you have identified and you can get him now, then get him. Thinking that it's worth waiting until the summer to get a cheaper deal is completely ignorant to the fact that other clubs will also be waiting then and might have already sorted their priority positions in January so are more able to make a run at him...
GK will be the same. CB will be the same.

I like the idea of a player like Zaniolo, a top dribbler with good strength link up, but the reality seems far less enciting.

In reality his numbers don't inspire, he seems to hang on to the ball too long and his injury record... good god.

I don't think they are interested in playing in the conference cup next season.
Based on the way we're playing and the results we're getting, coupled with an apparent lack of interest in improving the squad during this window, even qualification for the Conference League is far from a given.

It's the hope that kills us, but the cognitive dissonance that holds us together. With that in mind, I'm starting the process of trying to convince myself (borrowing language from the ENIC transfer playbook) that a break from European competition next year might be a good thing for us in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom