Another pissing game we won’t turn up to, have to suffer Emerson again and hope Kane or Deki save us - AKA Leeds at home, 3pm, 12th November.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we will score 3 tomorrow at least and win.

I just think Conte knows the importance of the match and will want some leverage for the transfer window.

It's important that he commits to the club or Paratici would be in his rights to buy players he thinks fit the profile more than what Conte wants.

I feel we are still only 2 quality players away from a string squad but whoever we chase must have the right mentality as much as the necessary quality.

3 - 1 to us tomorrow or it's going to bed a very sh!tty few weeks..

You know , and I know , what Mrs B wants , Mrs B gets . That’s how it works !
have the impression that the women respond to the call "... of all countries, unite!" followed closely!
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

It's true. City apart this is a poor league.

A few years ago our best 11 under Pochettino would have more points than we have quite easily. I'm not sure more than Woolwich have because what they are doing is freaky and it's hard to believe it can be maintained.

But a few years ago, our current side/squad would not be in the top 8 at this stage.

Only Kulsevski and Bentancur would have been anywhere close to our first 11 back then. Little or no doubt.

Perisic and Hjojberg on the bench.
This league is now completely dominant in Europe, so not sure how you are coming to that conclusion. 5 of 7 teams won their group. Other 2 finished 2nd only due to tiebreakers.

Even at our best poch year, we went out to juventus in the CL Round of 16. Europe was much better in comparison to the PL. the EPL had 5 CL teams that year and only 2 made the QFs and 1 made the SFs.

This is not a poor league at all. Liverpool is 8th and finished with the same amount of points as Napoli, who is destroying Serie A.

It is commonly recognized that the EPL is the strongest it’s ever been.

Edit: I’m actually off by a year. In poch best season, when we had 86 points, we finished 3rd in the CL against Monaco, Leverkusen, and Moscow. Lol. But we dominated in the league with a +60 GD. Yet we are supposed to believe the league was better back then? A +60 GD and we couldn’t even get out of a group just as easy as this years?

Last edited:
This league is now completely dominant in Europe, so not sure how you are coming to that conclusion. 5 of 7 teams won their group. Other 2 finished 2nd only due to tiebreakers.

Even at our best poch year, we went out to juventus in the CL Round of 16. Europe was much better in comparison to the PL. the EPL had 5 CL teams that year and only 2 made the QFs and 1 made the SFs.

This is not a poor league at all. Liverpool is 8th and finished with the same amount of points as Napoli, who is destroying Serie A.

It is commonly recognized that the EPL is the strongest it’s ever been.

Edit: I’m actually off by a year. In poch best season, when we had 86 points, we finished 3rd in the CL against Monaco, Leverkusen, and Moscow. Lol. But we dominated in the league with a +60 GD. Yet we are supposed to believe the league was better back then? A +60 GD and we couldn’t even get out of a group just as easy as this years?

It's a poor league mate.

I will let others add comment if they wish.

City in any era but much of this current rest, nowhere near the top 4 of most other seasons.

It's totally bereft of real quality, once you take out 4 or 5 players.

I am not saying the rest of Europe is better but that doesn't make the PL very good just by default. It isn't, in my opinion..

We’ll need to be technically very good on the ball tomorrow. Leeds are all action aggressive high press. They’re aren’t the most composed when it comes finishing though.

If I recall this was one of conte’s first games last season, Leeds dominated the first half. Scored first through Dan James (Jesus…) then second half we got better and Hojbjerg and Reguilon won the game for us.

I really want Kulu and Richarlison to start tomo and Richy to score would be the icing on the cake!

Lloris

Emerson Dier Lenglet Davies Peresic

Bentancur Bissouma (Hojbjerg is gassed)

Kulu Kane Richy

:conterubhands:

By watching it.

Its the weakest it's been in years. Go and look at the league table and the results that have happened this season.
Because the bottom and mid table sides are clearly better than they were 5 years ago. The top sides are struggling with PL sides but still dominating Europe. The congested schedule is a factor, too.

I offered evidence and you offered “because you watched it.”

Last edited:
It's a poor league mate.

I will let others add comment if they wish.

City in any era but much of this current rest, nowhere near the top 4 of most other seasons.

It's totally bereft of real quality, once you take out 4 or 5 players.

I am not saying the rest of Europe is better but that doesn't make the PL very good just by default. It isn't, in my opinion..
So in 5 years all of Europe declined and all the players just got worse? But the PL is better in comparison to La liga/Serie A, etc than 5 years ago and the PL got worse you say… so La Liga is way way worse.

It’s not an opinion I’m arguing. PL is clearly the strongest it’s ever been from top to bottom.

We went +60 GD with 86 points and couldn’t get out of an easy CL group that year. Now that is a weak league.

Scared to make a fucking prediction.
want the WC brea to start right now.
Hoping for a big turnaround in NY.. just some fucking confidence.
stil Happy clapping thu.

btw 4-0 to the YIDS

Back
Top Bottom