Bournemouth (A) - 29 October - 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what is the key or button to these second half performances ? why are we not playing that higher pressure game from the start ?
there must be something that Conte says/signals to the players for them to suddenly up the tempo
I can't believe they all decide to do it on their own

Being 2-0 down probably drove the players to play with more urgency and directness. With Sanchez and Emerson, plus a Skippy out of position, our play down the right was also slow, laboured and blunt.

what is the key or button to these second half performances ? why are we not playing that higher pressure game from the start ?
there must be something that Conte says/signals to the players for them to suddenly up the tempo
I suggest you to listen the post-match press conference. you will understand why

Bournemouth's stadium has an 11,300 capacity and there were a 1,000 empty seats yesterday.

I work with one of their STH's and he said there would be no chance of any being available.

That either means that they have a large %age of dreadful fans or that we are so crap to watch we weren't worth showing up for

It's by design, Lloris said as much - the instruction is to drop off and conserve energy from 15/20 to 45 min.

Conte doesn't think any team can keep up a high intensity for 90 mins every 3 days.

It's frustrating to watch, but we can only trust that over the entire season Conte knows more about fitness and football than anyone else.

The evidence over his career suggests he does, or is at least one of the very best at it.

I just don’t get it. Play like that to start. Then can rest players later in the game. Or maybe this is all part of the grand plan
Surely we must be spending greater physical and mental energy playing catch-up or trying win a game by leaving it so late? If we go say 2 or 3 up he can then rest players like lane and son. As it is he has to leave them on for the full 90plus. I really don’t get his thinking. The last 2 ganes have shown we can attack play fast and do on. However the next gane we play the same boring slow stuff. I mean I’m not Stephen Hawkins or a millionaire football coach but surely it seems obvious where strengths are and the best way to utilise them?

Dunno if the ads were targeted but for some reason I had a load of Trump campaign ads!!

I think they're based on the person you have the most erotic fantasies about

Freddie Mercury Rock GIF

At home at least I think we need to start playing McNamara's band before the first half, forcing our players to believe it's the second half already.

We'd win every game.

Back
Top Bottom