Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-Van Dijk ACL obviously isn’t the same player
- Poch end of era factor, old team that is tired
- Mane’s was the press, he is gone
- Trent is poor at defending but also seems to have given up

That being said Liverpool should still have gotten something from the game, my god the gooners got a home ref just like they did with us.

I don’t EVER want to here a gooner talk about luck, they have had more luck than anyone, nice fixtures, few international call ups and favourable refs.

Liverpool was bad yesterday, no question. But they lost on a pathetic penalty call, and frankly should’ve had another penalty go their way for that handball. I love watching Klopp seethe after a loss and make all kinds of ridiculous excuses…but I can’t really disagree with him on that deciding penalty call.

And that’s not even considering Saka being offside on the goal. It’s revisionist history, of course, but as bad as Liverpool were they might have deserved a point if not three.

No way they get top four.

Also looking at all the footage I think Henderson said something about Partey but hard to tell.
How the hell could you begin to understand what Henderson said. Even face to face with no background noise you’d struggle to understand the Pease Pudding eating, when the boat comes in, auf weidersehen pet speaking Twat.

How the hell could you begin to understand what Henderson said. Even face to face with no background noise you’d struggle to understand the Pease Pudding eating, when the boat comes in, auf weidersehen pet speaking Twat.
Calm down. I’m just looking at the circumstances. Partey walked past Henderson, Arteta was all weird about it, Henderson kept grinning and talking back to Gabriel. That doesn’t look like racism to me.

Amazing what happens when you pay out a huge contract to a player looking for his last big deal. They would have been better selling him and Mane, taking the heat from the fans and rebuilding. I'm not going to write them off just yet as during covid they fell away when van Dijk was injured but rallied, but they don't seem the same side.
Most of their fans were urging them to get Salah signed up and would probably have started a campaign if him and Mane were sold. Just goes to show why clubs should take fuck all notice of fans when it comes to major footballing decisions. Fans generally don't have a clue.

I've said on here before, there are some strange parallels between Liverpool and us. Unfortunately, the main difference is their recruitment approach has been way ahead of us.
It certainly was between 2016-2020. Now Michael Edwards has left it will be interesting to see if it remains that way.

I'm not sure some of their more recent business re transfers and especially contracts has been that shrewd.

Anyone who read the thread yesterday would have seen me say Liverpool would suffer an injury to a key player.

And there you go - Diaz.

They are fcuked and will not recover this season and Klopp won't be around to take then back to the summit.

Their aura and era is over.

Last edited:
Anyone who read the thread yesterday would have seen me say Liverpool would suffer an injury to a key player.

And there you go - Diaz.

They are fcuked and will not re over thiss season and Klopp won't be around to take then back to the summit.

Hmm. I predicted they would have a hard season and that Mane would prove tough to replace....but.....you have gone early. Props!

Hmm. I predicted they would have a hard season and that Mane would prove tough to replace....but.....you have gone early. Props!

They are gone mate. Like we were a few years ago.

I really think that is the case. Thry will still have good games but...

For me Newcastle are a bigger threat this season than Liverpool, and we need to hope/stop them getting Maddison and a striker.

If they do...hmmm..

I've said on here before, there are some strange parallels between Liverpool and us. Unfortunately, the main difference is their recruitment approach has been way ahead of us.
Not sure you can say that at this stage, though at their peak they went big at the right time and it definitely seemed like their recruitment was a cut above, they have made the same mistake as we did in terms of succession planning.

The most unfortunate main difference between us and them is that before their crash they capitalised on the teams peak and hoovered up a ton of trophies.

And there you go - Diaz.

They are fcuked and will not recover this season and Klopp won't be around to take then back to the summit.

Agree on this season, don't think they sniff top four now with this Diaz injury. Disagree on Klopp, I think he sticks around for a rebuild with a new midfield next season.

Back
Top Bottom