Eintracht Frankfurt vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 4th October . 20:00 Deutsche Bank Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is how we should play if Kulu is out, I believe, with Kane as a 10. Kane can still play some great balls. Hell, half the time he plays as a CF he's in the midfield anyway.

I don't know what else you do. Maybe make it a diamond midfield with Betancur and Bissouma in front of Hojberg? Or Dier, he played well there years ago flowing between CB and DCM as and when.
That's part of the problem though, with 343 or 352 and Kane dropping deep our only striker is nowhere near the box half the time. Lukaku wasn't doing that at Inter. Neither was Costa at Chelsea. Conte's system needs a 9 who plays like one not a hybrid number 10 dropping into midfield who hasn't got the legs to get up top afterwards.

Eh, I don't know how much of a difference it would make. We're back to the same old shit, with only 1 player in the whole squad able to pick a lock. Used to be Eriksen, now it's Kulu. If they're not fit, or out of form, then it's a whole bunch of bullshit no matter who else is in the team.

Maybe we need to try employing more than one creative midfielder in the entire squad sometime. Novel approach, I know, but I have a feeling it could work.
That was what Tummy Mcdombelly was meant to do. Lo Celso to an extent, as well.

Still pissed off about the failure of those signings.

2 shots on target out of 11 tells its own story...
We looked quite creative in the build-up ...until the (non) finishes applied to all our chances!

I actually felt quite confident first half (more fool me!) We seemed to be well on top, but without ANYTHING resembling a dangerous attacking threat! It was a strange game that I honestly thought we'd win!

Side note; the BT commentator seemed to be doing the usual gushing about foreign fans/atmosphere etc... He says they had about "100 different songs for their team..."
I saw/heard it totally the other way around; sounded more like just the ONE SONG they sang about a HUNDRED TIMES!
Yeah their megaphone chants are pure shit.

Thought it was one of our better performances of season tbh. Need midfield to chip in with goals. Son needs to look at goal when he shoots. In good shape in group. Win next two at home were through. Marseille away last game could be tricky if we want to top group.

He should try to shoehorn Skippy in there somehow. He can make a difference.
Wonder if skipp is not the conte “ready”?
His giving him no minutes at all. His not the only one. Not sure why he solely looks at training. I’m sure hazard was a great trainer not! Just more BS coming out his mouth.

If we are going to persist long term with 3 attackers I think we may have to move Son on he isn’t getting any young and he relies on on pace. Sell Son, buy Kvaratskhelia and also get Maddison to compete with Kulusevski on the right as the creative wide player.

Kane, Kvaratskhelia, Maddison, Kulusevski and Richarlison. Won’t happen but the only hope we have of ever winning the title is to be more ruthless with the squad.
Can we sell richo back to Everton😀 his not a spurs player

Kane isn’t content with being the 10 for Son as he wants to break records.

Son needs someone like Kane/KDB to feed him on the counter.

That’s what I think.
Kane should play like Harland and make little runs off the ball from edge of the box into six yard box. Only thing is since conte never wanted a play maker Kane would have to play the pass to himself.

If we are going to persist long term with 3 attackers I think we may have to move Son on he isn’t getting any young and he relies on on pace. Sell Son, buy Kvaratskhelia and also get Maddison to compete with Kulusevski on the right as the creative wide player.

Kane, Kvaratskhelia, Maddison, Kulusevski and Richarlison. Won’t happen but the only hope we have of ever winning the title is to be more ruthless with the squad.
Sell son?! Brave, big & bold call.
I just wouldn’t trust us to spend the 80m? well.

I agree. For me until we get 3 midfielders in there we are going to a level of control that allows son and kane to hang off the defensive line. They are often on the edge of our box when we break.
Yea that’s what happens most ganes. Said it in another post son is often in LB position. Recall the Jose days and flak he got fir that! Conte gets a feee pass. Surely it must be knackering going up and down.

Back
Top Bottom