Spurs vs Leicester City - Sat 17th Sept 2022 - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great result and some of the concerns are certainly warranted. Looked sharp initially, then poor like we had for so many games, then finished really strong. Even after the formation change when we started looking good, Leicester still made some very good chances. The system is predicated on allowing chanced but poor ones, so their making so many good chances was concerning.

At some point they’ll start clicking regularly like the final 20 minutes today.

Exactly what I did.
Stood silently in the stand and waited for kick off. Doesn't hurt anyone but make the point I won't be forced to participate in the mass hysteria. There were probably a dozen or 2 doing the same.
Didn't clap. Again, hurts no one.

You don't need to be a raving lunatic to make a point. Hopefully once the hysteria dies down, real conversations will he had where both sides can be heard rather than one side shouting down at the others in a thoroughly undemocratic way.

No-one has forced you to do a damn thing..... All that's being asked is that you respect the desire of others to grieve and show respect as they see fit.

It's really not that fucking complex, but seemingly some people just can't resist waving their genitals around as if no other cunt has any.

How many of you fuckers were actively anti-monarchy before this last week or so.... Fuck all; so save your crass, opportunistic shit for a less confrontational occasion and stop playing the victim.

Honestly. :avbhumph:

Maybe, or maybe violence should be a last resort in a life threatening situation. IMO if you have to lose your cool to make a point you probably don’t have a good one to begin with.

We should be able to have more debate & less bipolarity.

Bollocks. Some people are simply provocative assholes and reap what they sew.

There was a couple of wankers who could not keep quiet.

I did the dutiful silence as I stood in the South Stand but you could hear noises - but there was something comical where you hear a guy in a thick cockney accent shouting 'have a bit of respect you cunt' - which was, perhaps, a bit of paradox when trying to show respect.

What I'm finding difficult is the enforcement of it all..

They did exactly what I thought they'd do, they shut all the concessions off so you couldn't buy food or drink from 5.24pm
They were actively saying to go to your seat.

I just can't get down with the way it's being rammed down our throat everywhere we go 24/7

Oh fucking get over yourself.......

They shut the bar for a short while? So fucking what.....

Is that what the 'are we living in North Korea?' sentiment around here amounts to?

"What I'm finding difficult is the enforcement of it all.."

Seriously....?????

Fuck me........ Some people really are arse-holes with zero sense of perspective and a whole fuck load of entitlement.

Last edited:
Just watching MOTD.....

Should have been singing God Save Our QUEEN; not King.

EDIT:

BS disallowing what would have been our 3rd.

Soft as fuck penalty too.

Last edited:
It's the Communists, when they boo the Queen's minute of silence they think they're in the Bolshevik revolution.

If you don't believe me you know who to ask;

Stupidly, I booked to go to Brussels with the wife, this weekend, so had to watch the game in the pub. Most of the punters embraced the applause; nobody was openly cuntish, and credit to an Irish group of drinkers.
I'm not agitating here, but it's a fact that many Irish have been celebrating the Queen's demise, for obvious reasons.

There's no 'balance' in attempting to gloss over a poor performance, while at the same time berating people who saw the game for what it was. Without Son's amazing solo efforts, Spurs were decidedly dodgy.
No there isn't, and I haven't glossed over anything. You saying that doesn't make it so.

I won't bother going any further. You're evidently in a poor mood and just spoiling for the argument.

I know you have a hatred of Leicester, but Leicester supporters actually don't see Spurs as a rival.....it just you and others here who seem to think they do.
Just because they don't like Spurs doesn't mean they see Spurs as rivals

Me personally?

Nah, mate.... That's BS.

I absolutely understand where you’re coming from. I can’t put my finger on it, but this feels different to me. Pretty much everyone could see the mourinho run wasn’t sustainable.

Although to be fair I flip flop worse than a cat flap between positive vibes and “we’ll be lucky to not get relegated”. However I will say I was anti dinosaur from the instant it looked like we were going to employ him.

We're getting so many more chances/shots/shots-on-target than under Jose/Nuno.... In those days peeps would repeatedly say about how we're defying our XG; this season we're 'winning' the XG battle for the most part.

Son put the game out of reach, but weren't we winning 3-2 before his hat trick? As they didn't score a goal in the 2nd half, you could argue that he didn't.

Yeah, pedantic I know...

If we're playing the what if game, Sanchez could easily have had 2 today.... And their penalty was iffy too.

Last edited:
I thought we looked pretty solid today. I get that when it was 3-2 they appeared to be coasting and sitting back, but Leicester didn’t seem to have a lot of threats either. They got a penalty and what looked like a pretty lucky goal to me. I’d have to see the replay, but it looked like Maddison mist hit that and it ended up in the net? I could be wrong.

I was so happy to see Sonny get a hat trick! He’s just such a nice person and it was so great to see all the team so happy for him and to rally around him.

I thought we looked pretty solid today. I get that when it was 3-2 they appeared to be coasting and sitting back, but Leicester didn’t seem to have a lot of threats either. They got a penalty and what looked like a pretty lucky goal to me. I’d have to see the replay, but it looked like Maddison mist hit that and it ended up in the net? I could be wrong.

I was so happy to see Sonny get a hat trick! He’s just such a nice person and it was so great to see all the team so happy for him and to rally around him.
No, he meant that and it was an extremely difficult finish on what really was a half chance at best.

Where was the infringement of the penalty? I have a still, dunno how to upload it but don't see why they retook the penalty.

André Mariner did VAR and he previously tried to disallow a Harry Kane goal by zooming in on VAR and excluding the ball which was in front of Kane, so he couldn't be offside even if he was last man.

Mariner was taking an age and as I said he zoomed in so viewers couldn't see the ball but on Tottenham's big screen they showed it.

Once Mariner realised Spurs had it on the big screen and fans started to BOO Mariner he zoomed out and then gave the goal.

This is the same man who made a retake of the penalty which was a dive - Sanchez starts to lunge and then pulls out - the Leicester player dives (Sky commentary do their lies to cover up). It was a very clear dive by Justine and a travesty, yet VAR Mariner did not overrule the ref on a clear and obvious error.

Same happened again when ref gave a foul on a Sanchez goal, and also a penalty on Sanchez with full contact on him in Leicester's box. Sky did not show one replay of it and basically ignored it.

Then Son's hattrick goal, how can the lino fllag offside and get it so wrong? They know it will be reviewed and even Mariner can't deny that one, so the linesman in a close call favours Leicester??? Why? How? Makes no sense except that TOTTENHAM GET THE WORST REFEREEING ON THE PLANET.

No, he meant that and it was an extremely difficult finish on what really was a half chance at best.
you alright mate? You claiming that Maddison MEANT to hit it off his upper shin/knee into the far corner?

I mean fair play he obviously was trying to score, but let's not try and legislate for the fact he got fucking lucky that it actually went where it did as he CLEARLY shanked it off his upper leg.

Back
Top Bottom